Another Time Around for the Newcomers...

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
LDuyer

Post by LDuyer » Tue May 03, 2005 10:05 am

CI_SeaWolf wrote:I work at an electric utility. I repair swtchgear and electrical equipment in substations. I work on voltages from 6 VDC to 500kv DC and AC voltage from 120 VAC to 230kv VAC. We work 4800 volts live! Now you can see why my doctor is wanting me to get all the rest that I can. As for hobbies, I love 4 wheeling, am building a dunebuggy, love to camp, and have a whole room in my house dedicated to my fishing tackle! Mrs. SeaWolf is going to graduate school for her MBA, she is an RN. We love to travel and dote on our two pomeranians....
There seems to be a lot of great hobbies that you love to do. So when you retire with your newfound health, you'll be having a great time. But be sure to enjoy some of these things now also. It's important to be happy.

Linda,
who is working on happy

neversleeps

Post by neversleeps » Tue May 03, 2005 11:49 am

Linda,

I've just got to tell you, you say the wisest things! You put it so well-- about happiness. I'm thinking of stealing your last phrase to end all my posts:

neversleeps, who is working on happy.

Post by Guest » Tue May 03, 2005 12:05 pm

What I do is what I am. I take care of everybody and everything around our home. I've been a full-time mom for over 27 years and had the privilege of being able to stay home and raise 4 kids. I homeschooled for 18 years. My kids are now 33, 27, 22, and 20. Two of my daughters are married and I have one granddaughter who will be 14 in May and a grandson due May 10 (next week! I'm so excited!!!!) I'll be full time caregiver for him when his mom goes back to work in July. All of my kids have gone to college except for the youngest. He's currently in the Air Force and will go to Fort Osawa in Japan for two years in August of this year. He is currently in Pensacola going to coding school there. My hubby sells home equity loans for a large banking corporation. I love to garden (flower garden) and do anything that helps anybody. I was diagnosed with severe sleep apnea last November and have been on cpap ever since and am really getting the hang of it now. I feel so much better. I had forgotten what it was like to have energy and the way my life is going, I'm gonna need all of the energy I can possibly have. Before becoming a full time mom, I worked for a large insurance company as a claims approval clerk and then I worked for 4 years as a legal secretary for a patent law firm in the Dallas area. That all was so long ago that I don't even associate with it now. I love what I do now. I've had some pretty hard times along the way, but I can honestly say that as I get older, life just keeps getting better!

tater pie

Post by tater pie » Tue May 03, 2005 12:07 pm

That's me above. I don't know why it logged me in as a guest!

LDuyer

Post by LDuyer » Tue May 03, 2005 3:03 pm

neversleeps wrote:Linda, I've just got to tell you, you say the wisest things! You put it so well-- about happiness. I'm thinking of stealing your last phrase to end all my posts:

neversleeps, who is working on happy.
Gee, neversleeps, I'm all a blush!
But thank you. Your kind words were quite a boost to my morale.

I'm pretty good at telling others how to be happy. But I'm not very good at taking my own advice. But I'm working on it.
Thanks again.

Linda,
who suddenly feels a lot happier, thanks to neversleeps

Janelle

Post by Janelle » Tue May 03, 2005 4:53 pm

My resume reads like ADD

High School-marching band, concert band flute/picolo, part time summer bank account in basement
College- majored in Biology, taught a Botany lab for freshman course and was a graduate assistant for 4 years. Acted in several plays, was told by director I should think of becoming profe4ssional.
After. Mother of 2, started writing science fiction (it and children seemed to go together), nothing ever published, several short stories, two novels, started Logan's Run fanclub which lasted 10 years, wrote fan fiction, did a lot of artwork
Later: did acting in Little Theatre, directing, costumes, scene work. Got into dogs, taught obedience at all levels, showed my own (Bassets) in obedience and conformation. Bred a few litters, had lots of hereditary problems.Started professionally handling all breeds
More later: Gave up bassets and went into beagles, several champions, owned one that went to Westminster KC twice earning an Award of Merit at her retirement show there. She had previously won an Award of Merit at the first Eukanuba Invitational, and finished her career ranked #5 13" beagle in breed and all-breed.
About 10 years ago, I applied for 70 breed to judge for UKC and now am approved to judge all 300 plus breeds for that registry with the exception of Belgian Sheepdogs
2003 Applied for beagles, bassets and Junior showmanship judging approval for AKC and finished provisional assignments in 2004
2005 Currently awaiting status on judging dachshunds and American Staffordshire Terriers. Not writing anymore although I have a partially completed novel (A Viking Romance) in my computer that is about 10 years old). I work for my main income as a dog groomer at a local boarding kennel, fly off about every few weeks to judge in all parts of the country, have part of a litter of 10 week old puppies in the family room, just shipped off a female to Canada to be bred and will have the arrival of two puppies from a litter I co-bred in California arriving in a few weeks.
The house needs cleaning, there are muddy pawprints all over the tile family room, another dog bed was destroyed, there are paper towels and newspaper and empty crushed water bottles all over the backyard and I'm on the computer.

Now, aren't you sorry you asked?

sthnreb

Post by sthnreb » Tue May 03, 2005 5:30 pm

I am a retired undertaker. "I am the last one to let you down". Previously a sanitary engineer (garbage man) turned brain surgeon. Now I just build custom computer systems for friends. I also worked most of my life in construction doing HVAC. I was involved in the building of the WTC in NYC.

photogal

posted subject

Post by photogal » Tue May 03, 2005 5:51 pm

sthnreb,
I guess undertakers & garbage men have something in common. What they handle all ends up basically as compost.

LDuyer

Post by LDuyer » Tue May 03, 2005 5:51 pm

sthnreb wrote:I am a retired undertaker. "I am the last one to let you down". Previously a sanitary engineer (garbage man) turned brain surgeon. Now I just build custom computer systems for friends. I also worked most of my life in construction doing HVAC. I was involved in the building of the WTC in NYC.
No way! An undertaker?
I researched the history of some local undertaker who worked in the 1930s and 40's. He was also a minister, started a cemetery for people without means, and ran an old folks' home (conflict of interests??) He named his one-acre cemetery (which is now overgrown and hard to find) as "Silent City Cemetery." No kidding. Must have had an odd sense of humor. Ha!

Linda

wcampion

Post by wcampion » Tue May 03, 2005 6:45 pm

I am an independent computer consultant who helps fortune 500 companies implement SAP ERP HR/PR systems. I have spent the last 6 years traveling weekly around the country. For the past year I have been traveling with my new best friend and sleeping partner (sshhhhh........don't tell my wife), my 420G.

Regards,
The Road Warrior.

BuffaloAl

Post by BuffaloAl » Tue May 03, 2005 7:29 pm

Janelle,

Those Belgian Sheepdogs are such snobs. Who need 'em?

CI_SeaWolf

Post by CI_SeaWolf » Wed May 04, 2005 10:34 pm

Linda, I agree, you can't save up all of the things you want to do til' later. My stepdad was a great guy and wanted to do a lot of things after he retired. Well, prostate cancer took him away from us within 6 months of his retirement and I think of him and miss him often. He never got to meet the great woman I married, but they are alike in a lot of ways. We do plan for the future, but also try to fit in as much adventure and fun as we can in two working folk's lives. Our best vacation so far was going to Austrailia two years ago, When my wife gets out of grad school, I'm taking her to Italy. We love to travel, and if I get to wet a line in some far off exotic place, so much the better. You'll never hear a person say, "you know, i should have spent more time at work" Take care,

LDuyer

Post by LDuyer » Thu May 05, 2005 2:14 am

CI_SeaWolf wrote: You'll never hear a person say, "you know, i should have spent more time at work"
So very true. And I envy your travel. I'm so glad you are enjoying life. That's so important. You are an inspiration.

Take plenty of photographs and post one or two!!

Linda

Traveler

Post by Traveler » Thu May 05, 2005 8:37 pm

Hi, I work for a contract engineering/training firm and do a wide variety of jobs from technical writing, training, and project management. I get to work in many different fields and travel all over the country. It's very interesting work, but being contract work, it is not very stable. I am married with two grown sons (24 and 26). I have one great daughter-in-law with a second on the way.

I am still trying to learn about CPAP and how to get the most from it. Thanks to this forum and all the great folks here, I have learned quite a bit. I just wish I would have known about this site before I got my equipment. I really enjoyed reading about what everyone does. Thanks for posting the question.

Traveler

Lori

Post by Lori » Fri May 06, 2005 9:12 pm

Hello~
I am a teacher (K-9 certified), but have taught at all levels as a substitute. I quit working 4 years ago to care for our first grandchild. He lives with us & is my "4th" child. He is the light & joy of my life. I have been lucky to be a pretty much stay at home mother. I subbed while raising my children so that if I needed to be home I could.
I just moved to Kansas a couple of weeks ago & am adjusting to this new life. I've been on CPAP for about a year & a half & am doing pretty well.
It's been fun reading about everyone's careers.
~Lori