Aussie Arrived Today! Forecasting NO MORE RAIN!!

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
RipVW

Aussie Arrived Today! Forecasting NO MORE RAIN!!

Post by RipVW » Thu Nov 29, 2007 5:45 pm

My Aussie heated hose arrived today. Last night, I woke up with a wet face, switched to a dry mask. Even with a hose cover, I've been dealing with rainout/condensation since the cooler weather came. So, just can't wait to try this, hoping for a dry night. For a little extra insulation/protection, I put my hose cover over the heated hose as well. Surely this will be a dry night (I hope!).

The plug is round now, so there's no wrong way to plug it in (I read in this forum that the old two prong plug didn't work if the polarity wasn't right, if it wasn't plugged in correctly).

CPAPopedia Keywords Contained In This Post (Click For Definition): hose, rainout

Check out my chinstrap--> http://cpapchinstraps.com

rested gal

Post by rested gal » Thu Nov 29, 2007 5:54 pm

Hope you enjoy a "rainout" free night tonight, Ted. Love my Aussie heated hose.

For new readers:

LINKS to discussions about the Aussie heated hose - to prevent rainout
viewtopic.php?t=5305
ResMed S9 VPAP Auto (ASV)
Humidifier: Integrated + Climate Control hose
Mask: Aeiomed Headrest (deconstructed, with homemade straps
3M painters tape over mouth
ALL LINKS by rested gal:
viewtopic.php?t=17435

RipVW

Post by RipVW » Thu Nov 29, 2007 6:25 pm

Thanks, Rested Gal! I almost want to go to bed early--old boy and his new toy--to try it out. BTW, there was no postage due as was the case for another forum member--I guess they got that problem straightened out.
Check out my chinstrap--> http://cpapchinstraps.com

mindy

Post by mindy » Thu Nov 29, 2007 8:21 pm

Hi Ted,

I hope you enjoy your heated hose as much as I love mine! Wouldn't switch for all the tea in China (sorry for the old saw - best my old brain could come up with quickly).

Mindy

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning how to dance in the rain."
--- Author unknown

SleepyNoMore

Post by SleepyNoMore » Thu Nov 29, 2007 8:39 pm

Congrats Ted, I have only used my new Aussie HHose for 2 days before my septum surgery and i'm telling you, I didn't get not one drip of water in my face and I don't think any at all was in the hose either. I set my HH up from 1 to 2 the first night, and the second night I set it up another notch to 3 and awwwwwwwww but ended up getting to hot so I got up and lowered it to 2! I won't be able to use my cpap auto for another 5 weeks at least and I feel weird not being able to Anyway, YOU'RE GONNA LOVE IT

Thank You "SNOREDOG" will live in our Hearts forever...

May you always have
Love to Share,
Health to Spare,
and Friends that Care. :)

mtstromberg

Post by mtstromberg » Thu Nov 29, 2007 8:45 pm

Just used mine for the first time last night. Heaven! I ordered mine from cpapusa. They get it from the same company in Oz, but I paid less money and didn't have the over-seas charge either.