CPAPtalk.com Call For Questions: ZZZ Nasal Mask Interview

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
johnnygoodman

CPAPtalk.com Call For Questions: ZZZ Nasal Mask Interview

Post by johnnygoodman » Wed Nov 07, 2007 2:42 pm

Greetings CPAPtalkers,

The makers of the very popular ZZZ-PAP CPAP machine are introducing a new mask, the Zzz-Mask Nasal CPAP Mask with Headgear. Test results from the in house CPAP.com lab rats are encouraging. First and foremost, it seals very well. Another very cool feature of the mask is that the arm is not prone to cracking or breaking.

We are still working on additional pictures for the mask that show its slightly "bendy" arm but if you would like a sneak peak what our progress so far, here you go:

https://www.cpap.com/productpage/zzz-ma ... asics.html

We will be interviewing Jim Westfalls of Probasics. He is a sleep apnea patient himself and played a key role in bringing the ZZZ-PAP to market. Please feel free to post your questions to this thread. This call for questions will end on Tuesday of next week.

Johnny

CPAPopedia Keywords Contained In This Post (Click For Definition): cpap mask, cpap machine, cpap.com

CPAPopedia Keywords Contained In This Post (Click For Definition): cpap mask, cpap machine, cpap.com

DreamStalker

Post by DreamStalker » Wed Nov 07, 2007 2:54 pm

I have a couple of questions ...

(1) Has Mr. Westfalls actually tried to sleep with this mask under xPAP pressure himself?

and one more ...

(2) Does he realize that having the lower strap fit so low on the back of the neck will create changes in tension of the mask against the face when user moves his/her head relative to his/her neck causing leaks?
President-pretender, J. Biden, said "the DNC has built the largest voter fraud organization in US history". Too bad they didn’t build the smartest voter fraud organization and got caught.

sleeplessinaz

Post by sleeplessinaz » Wed Nov 07, 2007 3:27 pm

YEAH--can't someone invent something without the straps across the forehead for pet's sake!! THis looks very uncomfortable and I am sure it willmake marks on my cheeks by morning!! UGH!

TXKajun

Post by TXKajun » Wed Nov 07, 2007 3:38 pm

Hmmm, for $59.95, I'm very intrigued.

What pressure ranges has it been tried with.....and have the trials been by an honest-to-God CPAP users?? Compatible with all CPAP/APAPs?

Looking forward to more info!

Kajun

Snoredog

Post by Snoredog » Wed Nov 07, 2007 3:42 pm

Here's mine:

Q1. is it quieter than my Soyala nasal?
Q2. is the headgear elastic?
Q3. Doesn't appear to have any forehead pivot or adjustment?
Q4. Doesn't appear to be any quick-release for the upper straps?

this means you will lose your strap settings for cleaning purposes,

Q5. can the forehead support be removed from the main base of the mask so tension settings are not lost?

Q6. Is the cushion replaceable or is the mask a throw-away?
Q7. What is the flow rate at 10cm pressure? Does it include a leak flow chart?
someday science will catch up to what I'm saying...

Slinky

Post by Slinky » Wed Nov 07, 2007 3:49 pm

I was immediately struck with the size options. They leave me out for quite some time since I've taken a Small, XSmall or Petite in every mask I've tried. *sigh*

Another problem I run into repeatedly is the angle between forehead and bridge of nose. Am I understanding the description correctly that this area's piece is very flexible?

I would echo DreamStalker's concern about the fit of the lower straps at the back of the neck.

I would have some concerns about the width at the bridge of the nose and between the eyes for those who are somewhat narrow in that area and the potential for leaks at the eyes. It does look like one can watch TV and read w/this mask. Or see the clock on the wall. And even wear glasses.

How much does this mask weigh w/and w/o the headgear?

What are those two "nipples" or "pegs" running of the sides of this mask? Never mind, it appears that is the other option for level of the bottom straps fitting onto the mask.

The thought put into developing this mask is appreciated and the price is certainly VERY attractive!

My computer says I need to upgrade my brain to be compatible with its new software.

guestcpap

Post by guestcpap » Wed Nov 07, 2007 4:21 pm

What items are replaceable on this mask?
Can we replace just the cushion at a later date?

eevans

Post by eevans » Wed Nov 07, 2007 4:25 pm

What pressure's has the mask been tested on? When being tested what were the most common complaints about the mask?

Titrator

Post by Titrator » Wed Nov 07, 2007 4:56 pm

What are the leak values from 4cm to 20cm?

adevin

Post by adevin » Wed Nov 07, 2007 4:56 pm

I noticed there is no size indication, nor a part number directly on the Medium and Large Nasal Masks, will this be changed?

mommaw

Post by mommaw » Thu Nov 08, 2007 10:21 am

How far down on the mouth does it go? Is it as bad as the Activa? The picture of the man wearing it appears to show it is just above the top lip which is a big complaint with the Activa.

Does the swivel move very easily or is it stiff?

Gilda

DCastle

Zzz Pap Mask

Post by DCastle » Thu Nov 08, 2007 11:14 am

Will there be replacement cushions available for this mask?

Flippagate

forehead

Post by Flippagate » Thu Nov 08, 2007 1:19 pm

Is the forehead piece cushioned? How flexible is it?
Curious about sizing. I wear a small in most masks. Will the medium be small enough?

maxximus1973

Zpap mask

Post by maxximus1973 » Thu Nov 08, 2007 4:04 pm

In the future will all the masks have the Size on the masks or cushions so that the size can be determined when the mask removed form the packaging

paulcpap

Zzzpap Nasal Mask

Post by paulcpap » Thu Nov 08, 2007 4:53 pm

I understand the mask only comes in med & large sizes. If I was to select the wrong size would I be allowed to send the mask back for a different size or a refund without having to purchase the return insurance?