uses for old cpap hoses???

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
RosemaryB

Post by RosemaryB » Fri Nov 02, 2007 8:16 pm

Catnapper, that is a riot!!!!! I know I can always get a good laugh on this forum.

TnHosehead, I actually bought one of those organizers a while back. Very similar.

Thread on how I overcame aerophagia
http://www.cpaptalk.com/viewtopic/t3383 ... hagia.html

Thread on my TAP III experience
http://www.cpaptalk.com/viewtopic/t3705 ... ges--.html

tooly125

Post by tooly125 » Fri Nov 02, 2007 9:11 pm

I wonder how much it would cost to mail a hose.
I would love to see the look on the face of the people at the insurance company when they opened a package with a hose and a note.
The note should say "I don't need a new hose every month so since you seem to enjoy paying for one every month you can have it."

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body totally worn out and screaming,WOO HOO what a ride!

Catnapper

octopus mask

Post by Catnapper » Sat Nov 03, 2007 5:19 am

I made the mask for the mask decorating contest from last year to honor a previous member who said the Activa mask felt like a love sick octopus on her face.

The point in putting it in this thread is that old hoses can be fashion accessories, if you don't care much about fashion!

Were you here when we had the contest? I had fun with it.

gasparama

Post by gasparama » Sat Nov 03, 2007 5:40 am

Catnapper, that is just too much creative! Who says that hoseheads don't have fun!

Catnapper

mask contest results

Post by Catnapper » Sat Nov 03, 2007 7:18 am

In case you are interested in the other masks, here is a link to the contest.
viewtopic.php?t=18609&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

echo

Re: mask contest results

Post by echo » Sun Nov 04, 2007 10:04 am

Catnapper wrote:In case you are interested in the other masks, here is a link to the contest.
viewtopic.php?t=18609&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
OMG those were just too funny!!! I must admit, Catnapper, your Bagpap WAS the best I can't stop laughing, now, actually!!!!!!!!
cheers for the link, as I wasn't around when that was held.

Randomguy

Re: uses for old cpap hoses???

Post by Randomguy » Thu Aug 03, 2017 3:55 pm

I plan on using mine to make a boot and glove dryer. I hope to run my hoses our of a 5 gallon bucket or somwhat larger tote with a large fan blowing into it. Just move the bucket to the location my winter boots and gloves are sitting and stuffed hoses into them and turned it on. Just have to have a good sized fan like the one my repair guy tried to throw away out of my previous furnace. May work?

Goofproof

Post by Goofproof » Thu Aug 03, 2017 8:42 pm

Randomguy wrote:I plan on using mine to make a boot and glove dryer. I hope to run my hoses our of a 5 gallon bucket or somwhat larger tote with a large fan blowing into it. Just move the bucket to the location my winter boots and gloves are sitting and stuffed hoses into them and turned it on. Just have to have a good sized fan like the one my repair guy tried to throw away out of my previous furnace. May work?
Sure to make your house smell better, nothing like stink foot, and work gloves, reminds me of the soup we cooked as a hobo. Jim
Use data to optimize your xPAP treatment!

"The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient while nature cures the disease." Voltaire

Goldie54914

Post by Goldie54914 » Thu Aug 03, 2017 8:58 pm

I dunno, I have always thrown mine out because they have holes in them. I guess you can use a bunch of them as shapers for boots and such.

kteague

Post by kteague » Thu Aug 03, 2017 9:24 pm

I remember this thread from the first time around so many years ago. Still use old hoses to corral cords. Just cut to desired length, split along one side, and push 3-4 cords through the split. Only other use I can think of is trying to fill a container with water that won't fit under the faucet.

LSAT

Post by LSAT » Fri Aug 04, 2017 4:51 am

kteague wrote:I remember this thread from the first time around so many years ago. Still use old hoses to corral cords. Just cut to desired length, split along one side, and push 3-4 cords through the split. Only other use I can think of is trying to fill a container with water that won't fit under the faucet.

+1 hide cords

JimW159

Post by JimW159 » Fri Aug 04, 2017 12:23 pm

jomac30 wrote: I'm trying to find a good use for my old ones (hoses). Any ideas?
I hate just tossing them in the trash.
A very short water level for transferring level points around a corner. see: http://www.wikihow.com/Use-a-Water-Level
However, enough of them can be joined together to extend the length substantially.

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Fri Aug 04, 2017 12:52 pm

Siphon
---for aquarium water changes. (Cover end of hose with netting if fish are in the tank--especially little ones.)
---plumbing disasters (it can be thrown away if the job is really gross)
---waterbed accident--drain liner into a bucket.

CUatX

Post by CUatX » Fri Aug 04, 2017 2:29 pm

I've been on a ResMed S8 for 9 years and only used two hoses. I do wash them with warm soapy water every week or so and the only reason the needed replacing was the ends started slipping from the machine.

The only reason I'm on a third hose is the S8 failed last week, and the new machine came with a hose.
Analog guy in a digital world.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Fri Aug 04, 2017 2:52 pm

My cats have never bothered any of my cpap stuff but one time one of them (or more than one maybe) decided to chew the wiring from my Dish TV router for internet all to pieces...all of the wires including the power wire. It's a wonder I didn't have a fried cat.
Anyway I cut up an old hose and ran all the wires through the hose and added a couple of old socks over the hose just in case the crackling of the hose caught their attention. It was one of those old cheap generic 22 mm hoses.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.