uses for old cpap hoses???

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
msheda

Post by msheda » Tue Oct 30, 2007 8:41 pm

SisterShotgun wrote:
Goofproof wrote:In Nam, we called it Ammo tape, used it to tape Ammo Mag's together, and if the wheel fell off a jeep, we taped them on too. Jim
I sometimes use it to tape my children to the walls Kidding..
Geesh mom, and my friends wonder why I'm writing a book about you...

SisterShotgun

Post by SisterShotgun » Tue Oct 30, 2007 9:19 pm

Be sure to send me a copy of it so I can see if it is accurate

kennethryan

Re: New hoses

Post by kennethryan » Tue Oct 30, 2007 9:50 pm

Arizona-Willie wrote:Complete package every time no matter what I order.
Medicare pays so they don't give a damn what I want or need.
How about: tell them IN WRITING not to automatically send you the hose or shell, with a co-copy to your Medicare rep. Be sure to include the "CC" line on both copies, so your DME knows it's going there. I'm no lawyer, but it seems to me that continuing to send you stuff and file claims after you provably told them not to would constitute a pretty clear case of fraud. If they continue to annoy you your local Attorney General might be interested (especially in an election year).

AKA TGregg

Post by AKA TGregg » Wed Oct 31, 2007 5:57 am

kennethryan wrote:
Arizona-Willie wrote:Complete package every time no matter what I order.
Medicare pays so they don't give a damn what I want or need.
How about: tell them IN WRITING not to automatically send you the hose or shell, with a co-copy to your Medicare rep. Be sure to include the "CC" line on both copies, so your DME knows it's going there. I'm no lawyer, but it seems to me that continuing to send you stuff and file claims after you provably told them not to would constitute a pretty clear case of fraud. If they continue to annoy you your local Attorney General might be interested (especially in an election year).
How is that fraud? There's no deception going on, there is complete and full disclosure. Now if the DME tells the insruance company that you need a new hose and such when you don't, that could be fraud. Or if they say they sent it to you but didn't, that might be fraud. I agree that it's unethical, should be stopped and helps to raise the cost of health insurance for everybody - but it's clearly not fraud. And no AG is going after that case, election year or not. Much better to try to work with your DME, let them know that if they don't stop wasting the insurance company's money that you'll be talking to the insurance company.

Tn_Hosehead

Uses for old CPAP Hoses..

Post by Tn_Hosehead » Thu Nov 01, 2007 11:45 pm

It looks like it might be able to be fashioned into a cable organizer.

Maybe a simple slit along one side to make opening larger to accommodate cords through. Something like this : http://www.stacksandstacks.com/html/80093.htm

I know the original post topic strayed to the evils of DME providers. But I just thought this might be an idea to recycle all those hoses.

-Tn_Hosehead

needlesanthread

OLD HOSES

Post by needlesanthread » Fri Nov 02, 2007 5:07 am

CUT OFF A LENGTH TO FIT FROM THE SINK TO THE COFFEE MAKER UNSCREW THE FACET FILTER AND IT JUST FITS,USE IT TO FILL THE COFFEE MAKER WITH WATER WITHOUT HAVING TO MOVE IT FORWARD. NO SPILLING WATER WHEN YOU PUSH COFFEE MAKER BACK IN PLACE.

kennethryan

Post by kennethryan » Fri Nov 02, 2007 5:10 am

AKA TGregg wrote:How is that fraud? There's no deception going on, there is complete and full disclosure. Now if the DME tells the insruance company that you need a new hose and such when you don't, that could be fraud.
That's my point - the OP said new hoses weren't necessary but the DME kept sending them anyway. Personally I'd think that alone could be argued to be fraud. However explicitly withdrawing authorization to sell you stuff will make it crystal clear.

BTW, on thinking about it I agree, a typical AG's office is too busy investigating the party offices of opposing candidates to worry about little stuff like shady business practices...

oceanpearl

Post by oceanpearl » Fri Nov 02, 2007 7:39 am

[quote="Anonymous"]You could glue the hoses to a scary mask and have a super scary halloween mask. If you could figure it out, you could have a red liquid in the hose. I'd make a cover on the ends, then glue to the mask.

I just want to go back to sleep!

oceanpearl

Post by oceanpearl » Fri Nov 02, 2007 8:54 am

[quote="odawa"]you could get a few hoses together, and hang them from the tree. You could then play Tarzan. I think swinging from the trees would be a blast.[/quoteYou can say that again,
I just want to go back to sleep!

Catnapper

Octopus mask

Post by Catnapper » Fri Nov 02, 2007 9:04 am

odawa

Post by odawa » Fri Nov 02, 2007 1:03 pm

That is way too cute!!! I love it!!! Makes a great Christmas present!! lol
----------------------------
WAAHHHH!!! I'm so tired.

dieselgal

Post by dieselgal » Fri Nov 02, 2007 1:19 pm

Since cats seem to love them maybe you can use them as cat toys.

Country4ever

Post by Country4ever » Fri Nov 02, 2007 3:41 pm

I find a hose a month excessive too. We have enough plastic junk in the world. I just tell them not to send it to me. Fortunately, now they are saying you only need one every 3 months. YAY! Even that's too often, but at least they're headed in the right direction.
You could tape a couple together and let your kids use them like tin cans with waxed string. Its amazing how sound is transmitted in tubes.
My DME says I need new stuff all the time. Its so silly. Just clean what you have, and it works great. No wonder there's so much trash.
It would be great if these were recyclable. I suppose the best thing is to use it until it leaks so bad you can't use it anymore......then hope its recyclable.

jomac30

Post by jomac30 » Fri Nov 02, 2007 8:01 pm

Tn_Hosehead:
I like your idea of using it as a cable holder. In fact it looks similar to one selling for 15.oo in Linens n Things. I don't know why I didn't think of that!!! I have so many wires behind my tv, this would be great.

echo

Post by echo » Fri Nov 02, 2007 8:06 pm

catnapper, that's so funny!!! was that yur halloween costume this year? gosh, those poor kids who rung YOUR doorbell !