Bedside table to prevent CPAP accidents

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
frindly helper

Re: Bedside table to prevent CPAP accidents

Post by frindly helper » Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:50 am

There is now a bedside table that is designed for bedside use and storage of pap machines. it has easy use and storage of cpap and offers a velcro pack to keep cpap stabel and safe. The botom part will hold your water jugs overnight bag and cleaning supplies. The web site is. cpaptable com
The table has three woodgrain patterns and a solid white. the price may seem steep at 260 but it covers tax and shiping and handeling. The material is more tolarable of moisture than press wood or solid wood and more affordible.

cpaptable com

robysue

Post by robysue » Mon Oct 11, 2010 11:38 am

Nothing creative here, but when I knew I was getting the CPAP I started reading here about how putting it below the level of the bed helped with rainout problems.

So---up into the attic crawl space I went to find the perfect height small table: It's the one we got the kids when my daughter was something like three or four and made out of pine. Absolutely the perfect height. Big enough for the S9+humidifier+power cord with it's brick. And still leaves enough room for a lamp and my notebook for writing everything down. The alarm clock is on the other side of the bed on our old nightstand that's at bed height.

It's true that there's no cage on my daughter's table and I have come close to yanking the S9 off on nights when I have not been able to get comfortable. But those yanks were not simple "turn over in bed" problems; they were real "yanks" on the hose caused by frustration of the Swift FX exhaust flow. If only I could solve THAT problem, it might make a dent in my insomnia. *sigh*

As for hanging up the hose and mask: A set of over the door hooks from Target solved that problem.

elena88

Post by elena88 » Mon Oct 11, 2010 12:07 pm

I bought a little tiny table at ROSS for less then twenty bucks, its bamboo, and has slats on the top.
The S9 autoset comes with a little velcro leash, so I tie that to the slots, and my machine is going nowhere!
I put a book under it to keep it stable..

I decided I needed to leash it, after I took some melatonin and jumped out of bed with a behind the eye migraine, and almost pulled
my machine off the table, and we have tile floors

Breathe Jimbo

Post by Breathe Jimbo » Mon Oct 11, 2010 12:31 pm

Some kind of door or flap system in front is critical for those of us who have inquisitive dogs.

Bons

Re:

Post by Bons » Mon Oct 11, 2010 1:01 pm

JeffH wrote:Milk crate and a piece of 1/4" plywood here.

The "Okie" cpap table....LOL
The day I picked up my first pap I stopped at the Salvation Army store and picked up a $5 nightstand for it.

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Mon Oct 11, 2010 1:32 pm

Sweetie put up a shelf for mine.
I have learned a lot since then and plan to use the shelf elsewhere;
Drawing plans for the next generation--He'll probably need to build TWO,
because he has HIS machine now--(S9 Autoset--I'm so jealous)

Sheriff Buford

Post by Sheriff Buford » Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:29 pm

I must be cheap... I use a tv stand.

Sheriff

nanwilson

Post by nanwilson » Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:56 pm

All this talk about where to put our cpap, I just went in and spent the past hour moving mine. I had it on my nightstand, with a zillion other things, so I opened the bottom drawer, stabilized it with a bunch of books underneath and put it in there. I can't close the drawer as my F&P 604 is way too tall, hence the need for books under the drawer . I have 2 drawers in my nightstand so used the top one to put in all my "stuff" or should I say accessories, masks, etc. . Hey... at least it now looks neat and tidy...now...as long as I don't trip over the open drawer...... I'll be good.
Cheers everyone and Happy Thanksgiving to all my Canuck friends.
Norma
Started cpap in 2010.. still at it with great results.

johnbriggs

Re:

Post by johnbriggs » Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:53 pm

BadBreath wrote:We had just changed to a king size mattress so we needed small tables to fit the remaining space next to the bed. Fortunately the tables we had ordered kept being backordered, because when I got my BiPap machine I relaized I needed extra surface area, preferably below the top of the mattress.

We found these online and they were the perfect size for the floor space with a middle shelf for the machine, still leaving the top surface for clock radio and incidentals.

They fit in with the new eclectic style of the room and the machine is easy to reach, with access from the back for the hose, and the sides for my hands and the front for reading the info, but would have trouble going anywhere.

You can see shop for them here:

http://www.ballarddesigns.com/jump.jsp? ... uctID=1833

Hi!
I like the design of that furniture....i will buy it later,hahahahahahaha

lars4life

Post by lars4life » Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:02 pm

Last edited by lars4life on Wed May 04, 2011 1:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hosehead4ever

Post by Hosehead4ever » Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:11 pm

I have a loft bed with surface of mattress at roughly 5' high. The boyfriend built me a "custom" nightstand for the CPAP machine consisting of 4 milk crates stacked and wooden two by four and plywood framed top.

Big Stevoreno

Post by Big Stevoreno » Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:50 am

I just use an end table from my deceased parents first set of furniture which is more than 50 years old but in excellent shape, made out of solid wood, no fake wood and I set my machine on top of a computer mouse pad to prevent the machine from moving around on top of the table during the night. My table is almost the same height as the top of my mattress.

Big Stevoreno
Biloxi, MS
04/27/11