Why don't more people use a full face mask?

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
terifterace

Post by terifterace » Thu Sep 06, 2007 10:43 am

I have been cpap user for only 3 months. I started with the nasal mask, but I would take it off at night in my sleep. I kept at it for a month, but then I switched to a full face mask, which stays on all night. The differences that I noticed (at least for me) are that the Full mask seems to lose its seal easier when you move around in your sleep, and the Nasal mask seems to give a more concentrated and direct line of air pressure since it goes down the nasal passage (if you are not congested).

Unfortunately, as soon as you open your mouth with a Nasal mask, the vacuum effect happens for a second and that concentrated air pressure comes right out...

Post by Guest » Thu Sep 06, 2007 5:07 pm

Couldn't get me to use a full face mask if you stapled it to me. I love my breeze pillows and won't part with them. Even if i do wake some times with my lips making a tiny brbrbrbrbrbrbbrbbrbrbrbrbrbbrbrbrbrbr sound.

Bookbear

Post by Bookbear » Thu Sep 06, 2007 5:40 pm

Many good comments here. Essentially, what it all boils down to is "whatever works for you". I'm glad you found an interface that works for you! In my case, I have a thick beard and moustache, so no full face mask seals well enough for me. I use and really like the Breeze. YMMV. I have an Oracle in the drawer for emergency use if I have a heavy cold.