Hybrid Mask

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
CVANCE

Hybrid Mask

Post by CVANCE » Fri Aug 24, 2007 3:55 pm

Hello,

My name is Christianna Vance and I am the product manager for sleep therapy at Teleflex Medical, representing the Hybrid mask. I had a chance to speak with a customer today who was asking for clarification regarding the email trail below.

For clarification, we have indeed made changes to both the headgear and exhalation ports on the Hybrid. The headgear upgrade became effective in November 2006 and the change to the exhalation ports became effective in December 2006. There have been no other product changes to the Hybrid since December 2006. The versions on the instructions for use manual (REV A,B,C,D,E) have to do with any change that have been done to theinstruction manual. Revision B represents the change in the manual that references the headgear and Revision C represents the change to the exhalation ports. All other Revisions (D,E etc.) have nothing to do with the actual product, rather changes that have been made to the instuction manual itself (change in address, phone number etc).

I hope this isn't too confusing. Please know that we have been providing the most up to date Hybrid product since January 2007 and it is used effectively with all Autopap, cpap and bipap devices.

I hope this clarifies things for you!

Have a great weekend,

Christianna Vance

RosemaryB

Post by RosemaryB » Fri Aug 24, 2007 6:09 pm

Thanks Christiana. I have the new headgear. How can I tell if I have the new mask shell version? I can't find the manual that came with it.

Thread on how I overcame aerophagia
http://www.cpaptalk.com/viewtopic/t3383 ... hagia.html

Thread on my TAP III experience
http://www.cpaptalk.com/viewtopic/t3705 ... ges--.html

cpapnewby

Post by cpapnewby » Fri Aug 24, 2007 9:06 pm

I read on another thread that you need to look at the graph on the instruction manual.

If the passive leak rate (exhaust flow rate) at 10 cm pressure is well over 40 (closer to 50), then you have the old shell. If the passive leak rate is less than 40, then you have the new Adaptive Flow shell.

I just got a new Hybrid a few weeks back. The passive leak rate shown on my manual at 10 cm is less than 40, so I have the latest adaptive flow version. With the old Hybrid, I never had a HI score under 3. Since using the new Adaptive Flow Hybrid, both AI and HI have been 0.0 with 90% pressure on several days, I feel better which is what really counts.

Jim

painterman

Re: Hybrid Mask

Post by painterman » Fri Aug 24, 2007 10:48 pm

Christianna, I have the manual for the hybrid and it says revision B on it. Does that mean that I have the newer shell?
Thank you,
Jon

PS. my manual's chart says that the flow rate at 10 is well over 40, closer to 50
Hosehead since May 1, 2007 - Titrated at 13
Also using hybrid when congested- use tape
AHI average is 1.5

painterman

Post by painterman » Mon Aug 27, 2007 8:06 am

bump
Hosehead since May 1, 2007 - Titrated at 13
Also using hybrid when congested- use tape
AHI average is 1.5

neverbetter

Post by neverbetter » Mon Aug 27, 2007 10:12 am

Hello, Christiana and welcome to the forum.Just a heads up that when we call your companies customer service they seem to be confused about everything and we always having to call innomeds customer service for help.Thanks for coming on the board and clearing the air for us and I hope it wasn't me who confused everyone.

CVANCE

Post by CVANCE » Mon Aug 27, 2007 10:25 am

Hello,

I hope you are all doing well!

If the Hybrid mask that you have offers black and grey headgear then you have the most up to date product, including new headgear and improved exhalation ports for use with all cpap machines.

Please feel free to contact me directly for questions in the future!

Hope this helps,

Christianna Vance
919-433-4809
cvance@teleflexmedical.com

RosemaryB

Post by RosemaryB » Mon Aug 27, 2007 6:10 pm

Thanks, Christianna.

Just want you to know that I have the Hybrid, the Bravo and the Nasal Aire II. They are all great masks! Your company does a good job of designing masks.

Thread on how I overcame aerophagia
http://www.cpaptalk.com/viewtopic/t3383 ... hagia.html

Thread on my TAP III experience
http://www.cpaptalk.com/viewtopic/t3705 ... ges--.html

Ody

Post by Ody » Tue Aug 28, 2007 8:42 am

After using the Hybrid for four nights I have decided to give it up. In order to stop the leaks I had to apply more pressure than I could tolerate.

neverbetter

Post by neverbetter » Tue Aug 28, 2007 10:38 am

Have you tried pad-a-cheek? That way you may not need to make the mask so tight. There are there are more than 24 combinations to wear that mask. It you can't seem to make it work, at least you have plenty of play.
you can try cutting off the chinflap and wearing the mask higher, even with short pillows - a whole different experience

oldgearhead

Post by oldgearhead » Tue Aug 28, 2007 11:01 am

I've been using the Hybrid since it's introduction. Aside from being a bit
too warm at times, it's perfect. If I'm in the mood for 'adaptive flow', I
just install a toothpick in one of the ports...

People have more fun than anybody..

roster

Post by roster » Tue Aug 28, 2007 2:58 pm

oldgearhead wrote:I've been using the Hybrid since it's introduction. Aside from being a bit
too warm at times, it's perfect. If I'm in the mood for 'adaptive flow', I
just install a toothpick in one of the ports...
Welcome back. Did you take the summer off?

I have a vision that we will figure out an easy way to ensure that children develop wide, deep, healthy and attractive jaws and then obstructive sleep apnea becomes an obscure bit of history.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ycw4uaX ... re=related