pur-sleep and poor dog got skunked.

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
john44077

pur-sleep and poor dog got skunked.

Post by john44077 » Tue Jul 31, 2007 10:52 am

Thank god for my sample pack of pur-sleep last night. Around 12:30am we got a rude awaking from my step son. "Dog got skunked". Our border collie got it bad. Back yard still stinks. Placed a few drops of clear on the pad by the intake of my cpap and i no longer has stinky skunk smell. I am really liking that clear/peperment smell. I look forward to trying the other smells. Thanks to the maker of it.

John

Non Custody parent's deserve equal time with there children and equal right's.

Babette

Post by Babette » Tue Jul 31, 2007 11:11 am

Do not use Pur Sleep on your dog.

I have a weird nose. Skunk doesn't bother me. In fact, I rarely notice it. I notice other things that other people can't smell, but skunk is not a problem. Good thing - my parents live in the middle of a skunk thicket.

Glad it worked out okay for you! Good luck to the dog and the backyard!

LOL,
B.

I currently have a stash of Nasal Aire II cannulas in Small or Extra Small. Please PM me if you would like them. I'm interested in bartering for something strange and wonderful that I don't currently own. Or a Large size NAII cannula. :)

sharon1965

Post by sharon1965 » Tue Jul 31, 2007 11:24 am

hey, my dumb dog got skunked too! the pur-sleep helped, but it's taking a lot more than that to get rid of the smell around here

she's coming back from the groomer in an hour...hopefully she'll be feeling better when we all pet her and love her up again instead of telling her 'go away! you stink!'...she's looked decidedly depressed about it, LOL

Babette

Post by Babette » Tue Jul 31, 2007 11:28 am

Ya'll need to invest in http://www.puraira.com.

Maybe lock the dog in the bathroom with it going?

LOL,
B.

I currently have a stash of Nasal Aire II cannulas in Small or Extra Small. Please PM me if you would like them. I'm interested in bartering for something strange and wonderful that I don't currently own. Or a Large size NAII cannula. :)

geoDoug

Post by geoDoug » Tue Jul 31, 2007 11:38 am

Babette wrote:I have a weird nose. Skunk doesn't bother me. In fact, I rarely notice it.
I've got this weird likeness for the smells of gasoline and wet dog--two of the most evil repellent smells for many people. My wife just shakes her head. Suffice it to say, I'm the one that bathes the dogs.

Doug.

Babette

Post by Babette » Tue Jul 31, 2007 11:41 am

Yeah, I remember sitting in the gas station, breathing gasoline vapors when I was a kid....

Splains alot about me now. We should get a grant to do a research study on people like us...

LOL,
B.

SleepGuy

Re: pur-sleep and poor dog got skunked.

Post by SleepGuy » Tue Jul 31, 2007 12:15 pm

john44077 wrote:Thank god for my sample pack of pur-sleep last night. Around 12:30am we got a rude awaking from my step son. "Dog got skunked". Our border collie got it bad. Back yard still stinks. Placed a few drops of clear on the pad by the intake of my cpap and i no longer has stinky skunk smell. I am really liking that clear/peperment smell. I look forward to trying the other smells. Thanks to the maker of it.

John
John, this cracks me up--made my day. Thanks for the story.

Try the Scented CPAP Mask with Pur-Sleep's CPAP Aromatherapy--CPAP Diffuser and Essential Oils.
"Love it, Love it, Love my PurSleep!"

dieselgal

Post by dieselgal » Tue Jul 31, 2007 12:50 pm

I have a very sensitive nose and can smell a skunk a long way off. Oddly enough when I was a kid I use to like just the first whiff of gasoline too. The problem is that after that first whiff it gives me a bad headache so my liking that scent is short lived.
My husband is the one in our family that can't smell anything and he is always having me smell leftovers in the fridge to see if they are still good! Last thing I want to do is smell something that has gone bad, so I tell him to eat it and if he croaks I will know it is no good.

geoDoug

Post by geoDoug » Tue Jul 31, 2007 1:32 pm

dieselgal wrote:My husband is the one in our family that can't smell anything and he is always having me smell leftovers in the fridge to see if they are still good! Last thing I want to do is smell something that has gone bad, so I tell him to eat it and if he croaks I will know it is no good.
ROFL! I'm with your husband. I don't have much of a nose. If DW is around, I ask her to smell things (if she's willing). My rule of thumb if she isn't around is that if milk is green or chunky, it goes. Or if anything else that shouldn't be growing is, it goes. (Although, I have to admit that sometimes the science nerd in me is fascinated by the different kinds of mold growing on things. )

Doug.

Babette

Post by Babette » Tue Jul 31, 2007 1:38 pm

Doug, you should get a research grant to study my fridge contents...

Why do I buy produce? I just keep it until it attracts flies... I threw away a bunch of nectarines and corn last night... House still full of flies.. sigh.. I'm so lazy...

LOL,
B.

john44077

Glad to help

Post by john44077 » Tue Jul 31, 2007 2:59 pm

Glad that i could bring some a good chuckle today. Poor spike has had 3 baths today and still smells some.. Ok off to figure out what to make for dinner. Its my night to make dinner (Pizza hut or take out?)
Non Custody parent's deserve equal time with there children and equal right's.

Babette

Post by Babette » Tue Jul 31, 2007 3:08 pm

Just in case this helps....

How to get skunk smell out of pet fur:
http://www.ehow.com/tips_3017.html

http://www.ehow.com/how_3017_skunk-smell-pet.html

1) Step One
Mix 4 c. hydrogen peroxide with 4 tbsp. baking soda and 1 tsp. dish-washing soap.

2) Step Two
Put cotton balls in your pet's ears to protect the inner-ear tissue from the cleaning mixture, which could easily drip in.

3)Step Three
Don rubber gloves to protect your hands during this process.

4)Step Four
Start with your pet's head, taking care not to get the solution into his eyes, ears or mouth. Apply a drop of olive or baby oil to his eyes to prevent irritation.

5)Step Five
Rub the mixture evenly into your pet's coat. It will probably be more pleasant to do this outdoors.

6)Step Six
Rinse the coat with clean water.

7)Step Seven
Repeat if the smell persists.

Tips & Warnings
Tomato juice also neutralizes the effects of skunk odor. Rub it into your pet's fur, let it soak for approximately 15 minutes, then wash it off with water.

Commercially prepared skunk odor remover or douches that remove skunk scents from fur are also available. Ask your veterinarian for advice on which product works best.

To help prevent your pet from being sprayed, use a leash when in the woods or country.

Skunks can carry rabies, so make sure your pet's vaccinations are current before you visit areas frequented by skunks.

sharon1965

Post by sharon1965 » Tue Jul 31, 2007 10:11 pm

How to get skunk smell out of pet fur:
call the groomer for an emergency bath!!!! why? because...

babette said:
I'm so lazy...
this also describes me!

but seriously, i wish i had the fortitude to try to de-skunk my 90 lb dog myself, but it just ain't happenin!

at least now she's all fluffy and clean and sweet smelling again...till the next time she leaps over the 6 ft fence and gets into it with a skunk...

CPAPopedia Keywords Contained In This Post (Click For Definition): clean

Babette

Post by Babette » Tue Jul 31, 2007 10:13 pm

You're not lazy, Sharon, you're A DELICATE FLOWER OF WOMANHOOD who should never be forced to bathe big smelly 90 lbs ANYTHINGS!

And you just tell your husband and kids I said so! Nyah!

LOL,
B.

sharon1965

Post by sharon1965 » Tue Jul 31, 2007 10:23 pm

thanks, babette, you are definitely the chick i want on my side!