First-ever Sleep Apnea Retail Outlet Opens in WNY

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
roster

First-ever Sleep Apnea Retail Outlet Opens in WNY

Post by roster » Fri Jul 27, 2007 7:50 am

DreamStalker

Post by DreamStalker » Fri Jul 27, 2007 8:11 am

Maybe someone should start a CPAP Spa business.

You know, one of those places out in the wilderness overlooking a nice lake in the mountains where visitors can rent a room for a week or two and try out all the different xPAP machines and masks and get workshops on how to tweak your PAP machine settings or modify and customize your mask.

... wait a minute, isn't that the service DME's are supposed to provide?

President-pretender, J. Biden, said "the DNC has built the largest voter fraud organization in US history". Too bad they didn’t build the smartest voter fraud organization and got caught.

darthlucy

Post by darthlucy » Fri Jul 27, 2007 8:34 am

Almost heaven. Makes me want to drive to NY. The scary part, though, is that a patient-centered model is such a novel approach!

Joined the Hosehead Brigade on June 22, 2007

Treesap

Post by Treesap » Fri Jul 27, 2007 8:42 am

My DME is almost like going to a retail center. I use Breathing Disorder Services. breathingdisorders.com

They are located in only a few places, and I can't figure out for the life of me why they came to Kingman, Arizona. But I'm glad they did. It's one of the few places I've gotten EXCELLENT customer service in this dreadful town.

Work like you don't need the money;
Love like you've never been hurt;
Dance like nobody's watching.

socknitster

Post by socknitster » Fri Jul 27, 2007 8:47 am

I hope this business works out for them. It looks like they are making a real effort to put patients first. I hope this starts a wave of awareness and a patient centered revolution!

Jen

roster

Post by roster » Fri Jul 27, 2007 8:58 am

[quote="DreamStalker"]Maybe someone should start a CPAP Spa business.

You know, one of those places out in the wilderness overlooking a nice lake in the mountains where visitors can rent a room for a week or two and try out all the different xPAP machines and masks and get workshops on how to tweak your PAP machine settings or modify and customize your mask.

I have a vision that we will figure out an easy way to ensure that children develop wide, deep, healthy and attractive jaws and then obstructive sleep apnea becomes an obscure bit of history.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ycw4uaX ... re=related

DreamStalker

Post by DreamStalker » Fri Jul 27, 2007 9:21 am

rooster wrote:
DreamStalker wrote:Maybe someone should start a CPAP Spa business.

I like that idea. They could schedule the workshop sessions in the early morning or after dinner and the rest of the day would be used for hiking, kayaking, sailing, swimming, goofing off and dining. Maybe there could be spouse activities while we are in the workshops.

If they do it well I would pay good money for a week or two of that. I would do it again every few years to try out the latest equipment and ideas.
Well let's do it!

With your financial/economics skills, you can find the investors and figure out how much to charge ... I can set up the logistics for the equipment, workshops, and location.

President-pretender, J. Biden, said "the DNC has built the largest voter fraud organization in US history". Too bad they didn’t build the smartest voter fraud organization and got caught.

Slinky

Post by Slinky » Fri Jul 27, 2007 9:48 am

DreamStalker wrote:Maybe someone should start a CPAP Spa business.

Gracious, DreamStalker!!! If the DME suppliers provided all THAT only the Bill Gates' of the world would be able to afford them!! Heck, look at what they charge right now w/o even providing a bed to lay on for the mask fitting!! And you want them to provide a beautiful lake in the wilderness mountains???

You ARE a dreamer!!! *sigh* I'd settle for a cot in a small private room w/all the different PAP machines and masks plus the workshops. AND an insurance company willing to cover the costs of THAT!!!

My computer says I need to upgrade my brain to be compatible with its new software.

Slinky

Post by Slinky » Fri Jul 27, 2007 9:50 am

Oooops! I probably wouldn't be able to afford the premiums for an insurance policy that would even pay for that. *sigh* If wishes were horses ....

My computer says I need to upgrade my brain to be compatible with its new software.

Wolfmarsh

Post by Wolfmarsh » Fri Jul 27, 2007 10:03 am

With your financial/economics skills, you can find the investors and figure out how much to charge ... I can set up the logistics for the equipment, workshops, and location.
I would pay a decent amount of money out of my own pocket for this opportunity.

Another thought is why doesnt someone like Respironics, or Resmed, hold like a "CPAP Convention" in vegas or somewhere. People buy thier own tickets/pay thier own way, and even maybe charge an entrance fee to the conference, but have booths where you can go try masks, learn about machines, etc....

john44077

Conventions

Post by john44077 » Fri Jul 27, 2007 10:29 am

You would think with all of us cpap hose heads out here that there would be a convention. There are conventions for everything else. A lot of $ in Xpaps.

John

Non Custody parent's deserve equal time with there children and equal right's.

cpapjack

Post by cpapjack » Fri Jul 27, 2007 11:16 am

Well, for C-PAP Xpress, I hope they are better than their sister company, Associated Healthcare. Those bastards are the ones that told me I didn't need an APAP, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah and then they finally told me they would give me one, but even though I have 100% DME coverage, I had to pay $400 on top of that. The RT's there were never friendly, didn't have a clue as to what they were doing/talking about, and of course made me feel like I didn't know anything when it came to my treatment. Not once did I ever walk away from there having a good feeling. Oh yeah, the schmuck that set me up with my original CPAP machine, said I was getting the top of the line machine - a standard M series Plus. And get this, they charged the insurance company well over $1600 for that thing. The one good thing about them was I could try any mask I wanted for the first 30 days. What a surprise, right? Not.

Anyhow, I hope this new company works out and they don't take after their Big Sister company. CPAP X-Press is about 5 minutes from where I work and it's on my way home. I've been meaning to stop in there, just haven;t had the time. Besides, I'm very content with my current DME - Respiratory Services of WNY.

Jack

dream_weaver

Post by dream_weaver » Sat Jul 28, 2007 11:03 am

Wow! I live in Williamsville and called. You can make an appointment with Jason. He will make a printout from your smart card and tell you how to read it. So this is not just a place to buy supplies - it seems like a place that will actually help you interpret your results, leak rate, etc.

Our sleep apnea doctor has a physician's assistant who is super knowledgeable so I hope that a useful relationship can be formed with him and this company.

neversleeps

Re: Conventions

Post by neversleeps » Sat Jul 28, 2007 1:57 pm

john44077 wrote:You would think with all of us cpap hose heads out here that there would be a convention. There are conventions for everything else. A lot of $ in Xpaps.
There are cpap conventions... for the DMEs, of course. They are the manufacturers' clients. Sadly, we end-users are of no interest to them. Follow the money.