My Teeth Hurt...Help???

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Goofproof

Re: My Teeth Hurt...Help???

Post by Goofproof » Thu Aug 03, 2017 8:37 pm

WearyOne wrote:
Liam wrote:im pretty sure its not grinding, do you guys use a full face mask, for along time, and havent had any dental issues? My teeth didnt hurt for months and i just finally got sick of not sleeping well so i started using the machine again, i wore it for 2 hours sitting up before i went to sleep, and my teeth hurt after that, so i know i wasnt grinding. The tooth that hurts is chipped so maybe the air is pushing its way inside?
Have you been to a dentist to have those teeth checked? Whenever I have what turns out to be a cavity or crack in a filling, I've noticed that the air from the CPAP will cause some pain in those teeth. Not a lot, but some. But then those teeth are also somewhat sensitive to other things besides the CPAP air, like cold beverages, etc. And it never hurts enough to keep me from sleeping with the mask on. Just a thought. Hope you get it figured out.
They advertize Toothpaste to relieve tooth pain, but extraction cures it. Jim
Use data to optimize your xPAP treatment!

"The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient while nature cures the disease." Voltaire

WearyOne

Post by WearyOne » Thu Aug 03, 2017 8:39 pm

Goofproof wrote:
WearyOne wrote:
Liam wrote:im pretty sure its not grinding, do you guys use a full face mask, for along time, and havent had any dental issues? My teeth didnt hurt for months and i just finally got sick of not sleeping well so i started using the machine again, i wore it for 2 hours sitting up before i went to sleep, and my teeth hurt after that, so i know i wasnt grinding. The tooth that hurts is chipped so maybe the air is pushing its way inside?
Have you been to a dentist to have those teeth checked? Whenever I have what turns out to be a cavity or crack in a filling, I've noticed that the air from the CPAP will cause some pain in those teeth. Not a lot, but some. But then those teeth are also somewhat sensitive to other things besides the CPAP air, like cold beverages, etc. And it never hurts enough to keep me from sleeping with the mask on. Just a thought. Hope you get it figured out.
True enough, but not everything works like the advertisements say they will... And I think I'll pass on the extractions.

Goofproof

Post by Goofproof » Thu Aug 03, 2017 8:52 pm

WearyOne wrote:
Goofproof wrote:
WearyOne wrote:
True enough, but not everything works like the advertisements say they will... And I think I'll pass on the extractions.
If you had my teeth you would, the roots grow and interlock under the jaw bone, the teeth must be broken into quarters, then each quarter extracted. Last one I had cracked in half, I extracted half out myself, the other half is still in my jaw.

You got to be tough! We had a saying in the Coal Mines, "Can't Do It, Can't Stay" I stayed 25 years, retired when I couldn't safely do it anymore! Jim

"The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient while nature cures the disease." Voltaire

WearyOne

Post by WearyOne » Fri Aug 04, 2017 9:20 am

Goofproof wrote:
WearyOne wrote:
Goofproof wrote: They advertize Toothpaste to relieve tooth pain, but extraction cures it. Jim
If you had my teeth you would, the roots grow and interlock under the jaw bone, the teeth must be broken into quarters, then each quarter extracted. Last one I had cracked in half, I extracted half out myself, the other half is still in my jaw.

You got to be tough! We had a saying in the Coal Mines, "Can't Do It, Can't Stay" I stayed 25 years, retired when I couldn't safely do it anymore! Jim
Ouch! My teeth hurt just reading this! I have a ton of crowns by no root canals or anything approaching the problems you've had.

Goofproof

Post by Goofproof » Fri Aug 04, 2017 12:33 pm

WearyOne wrote:
Goofproof wrote:
WearyOne wrote:
Goofproof wrote: They advertize Toothpaste to relieve tooth pain, but extraction cures it. Jim

Ouch! My teeth hurt just reading this! I have a ton of crowns by no root canals or anything approaching the problems you've had.
Mine not been a problem, as a kid, the dentist drilled and filled my teeth way too much. when I got diabetes, I craved chewing ice, fillings came out, teeth cracked and later broke. I think part of the problem was the dentist was drill crazy, that weakened the teeth. Been 15 years since I've been to the dentist, maybe now I'm good for life. Jim

peggie311@gmail.com

Post by peggie311@gmail.com » Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:34 pm

I got a C-Pap 4 years ago and at first I didn't figure it out but for 60 years I slept with my mouth open. C pap changed that and my teeth could be moved easily,and every morning they hurt and could be moved, by the end of the day they were fine.
After asking the sleep doctor and dentist no one had an answer. After 6 months the movement of my teeth was noticeable. I used retainers and mouth guards for about 3 years and it slowed down the movement. But now at 65 I'm getting braces to correct my bite, also afraid of loosing a from crown due to the rubbing on my teeth with the new bite..

What I have is thrust, my tongue is pushing my teeth. I love the C pap but I want to die with my teeth. But that tongue is a very strong muscle and you can not control it while sleeping . {Some can't control when awake}

Hope this helps someone else Good luck.

P>S> I found the best guard was a wrestling guard bought at sport store for under $10.00.

AMESS

Post by AMESS » Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:15 am

I am new at this --6 weeks in therapy. no expert but would say you have straps way too tight. Supposed to be comfortable not miserable. Loosen and see what happens. Refer to instructions on mask.