Nasal Aire II came in!!

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Babette

Post by Babette » Tue Jul 24, 2007 11:57 am

Hey Treesap, you and me and our noisy neighbors will just have to start our own little Exclusive Club.

LOL,
B.

I currently have a stash of Nasal Aire II cannulas in Small or Extra Small. Please PM me if you would like them. I'm interested in bartering for something strange and wonderful that I don't currently own. Or a Large size NAII cannula. :)

Post by Guest » Tue Jul 24, 2007 12:11 pm

I only get leaks once in a blue moon so Id aim for a bigger size if you cant get them gone. When I do thats when I flip it - its almost like if you flip it its like starting fresh and reshaping them to your nostirl and creatinga tighter fit again. ALso often after I clean it and put it back on it leaks and just twisting it slightly donward or upward helps since your ears are holding it at a certain angel sometimes rotating the nasal price seperate from the tubes set sit at a better angle to create a seal. Honestly for a good fit they should be kind of hard to get in wihout KY if you can slip them in easy without KY they are too small.

Babette

Post by Babette » Tue Jul 24, 2007 12:25 pm

Yup! What Carrie said! I agree!
B.

I currently have a stash of Nasal Aire II cannulas in Small or Extra Small. Please PM me if you would like them. I'm interested in bartering for something strange and wonderful that I don't currently own. Or a Large size NAII cannula. :)

Treesap

Post by Treesap » Wed Jul 25, 2007 3:39 pm

Babette, Thanks for those pictures. That helps a lot!

I couldn't slip either the small or mediums in easy at all. I had to fold them to get them in. Last night I used the mediums, and they kept popping out. I can't figure out what I was doing wrong. At least the smalls didn't pop out. I know they are big enough because of how much effort it takes to get them in my nose.

Anybody have any suggestions?
Work like you don't need the money;
Love like you've never been hurt;
Dance like nobody's watching.

Babette

Post by Babette » Wed Jul 25, 2007 3:52 pm

Use the ones that don't pop out?

Also, you need to twist the cannula on the attaching tubes, so that it's angle works for you. That might be the case. You can twist it however it works best. Try twisting the prongs toward you, would be my guess.

Cheers,
B.

Treesap

Post by Treesap » Wed Jul 25, 2007 4:03 pm

OK! That might be the ticket! I will try that tonight!
Work like you don't need the money;
Love like you've never been hurt;
Dance like nobody's watching.

Murphy

Post by Murphy » Wed Jul 25, 2007 6:40 pm

I jut got the NA last week and I really like it. I couldn't make the headgear work and I didn't have a chinstrap, so I bought an Ace Bandage the kind that sticks to itself. I put the hoses under the ace bandage and I use the bolo at the top of my head like Babette, works great doesn't move around and the ace doubles as a chin strap.
Eileen

Issac

Post by Issac » Thu Jul 26, 2007 2:18 am

You can't beat this mask . With a pressure of 20, it's the only pillow that is comfortable. This is the only mask that absolutely nothing touches your face.
If you like the nasal-air II, you'll love Nasal-aire I and there are ways to make it perfectly quiet. On my pressure, too.

Babette

Post by Babette » Thu Jul 26, 2007 10:38 am

Murphy wrote:I jut got the NA last week and I really like it. I couldn't make the headgear work and I didn't have a chinstrap, so I bought an Ace Bandage the kind that sticks to itself. I put the hoses under the ace bandage and I use the bolo at the top of my head like Babette, works great doesn't move around and the ace doubles as a chin strap.
Eileen
WOO HOO! ANOTHER CONVERT! JUST 18 MORE AND I GET A TRIP TO DISNEYLAND!

Just kidding! Though the Teleflex rep did say that I sounded like a sales rep... I asked about job opportunities and he became VERY SCARED that I might move into his sales territory...

LOL,
B.

Babette

Post by Babette » Thu Jul 26, 2007 10:40 am

Issac wrote:You can't beat this mask . With a pressure of 20, it's the only pillow that is comfortable. This is the only mask that absolutely nothing touches your face.
If you like the nasal-air II, you'll love Nasal-aire I and there are ways to make it perfectly quiet. On my pressure, too.
Okay Issac, I'll bite. Tell me why I want an NAI and why it's better than an NAII.

LOL,
B.

neverbetter

Post by neverbetter » Thu Jul 26, 2007 11:41 am

I wore the nasal aire one. it's different. it's a harder insert and doesn't bend in your nose like the nasal aire II. looks like they wanted to make it softer and quieter in the second version and thats good for people that need something comfortable for 9 hours straight, but a little harder to get in the nose the first few times. You have to clip off the nobs on the co2 ports to make the nasalaire one quiet. It seems to be the inside nob that is more important, otherwise it's a fantastic mask like nasalaire II but easier to put in. The sizes are different. be careful. Nasalaire one only comes in one size that we have been able to find. Nasalaire II comes with 3 or all 6.