Probasics Zzz-PAP "Silent Traveler" First Impress

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
sail1011

Re: Probasics Zzz-PAP "Silent Traveler" First Impress

Post by sail1011 » Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:53 pm

Boy I'm glad you guys found the instructions for changing the pressure. I've been trying to get the Doctor charges $$ out of the loop for changes. I couldn't believe they still wanted a prescription to buy the cpap!

trike-mike

Post by trike-mike » Thu Nov 11, 2010 9:39 am

I have to say I concur with the findings on this machine. I bought mine just for the primary purpose of travel. It doesn't have a lot of bells and whistles. It blows air at a fixed pressure quietly. 'Nuff sed.

What it DOES have is no power brick to pack or lose. It uses a standard type of mains power cord so I can get one anywhere if I forget or otherwise lose it (already happened on a trip to Chile) and, it's very inexpensive. While not insignificant, I won't be as upset if it gets damaged during travels and needs replacement compared to damaging the rather expensive PR1.

Nice little box.

Juliano Santolin

Post by Juliano Santolin » Wed Aug 31, 2011 1:40 pm

hey guys, I'm from Brazil and will make a business trip next month to Texas. I already use a CPAP machine but i need a small one...
Do I need a prescription to by this guy? Where can I find it on Texas? Do you think they will sell to me with a Brazilian prescription from my doctor?
Thanks a lot!!!

Bert_Mathews

Post by Bert_Mathews » Sat Oct 08, 2011 7:25 am

Still looking for a replacement system / <Moved M pro / a-flex to main system> and need a backup / travel system:

Would like comments on software AND comparison with other units.... ANY impute would be HELPFUL......
I have tried a few and being a OLDFART an half DEFT sound just bugs the wife

Bert

Be careful about reading health books. You may die of a misprint.
http://www.sharpstones.com

Tip10

Post by Tip10 » Sat Oct 08, 2011 8:19 am

The Zzz-Pap Silent Traveler has:
NO SOFTWARE
NO DATA
Nothing but hours of use (and its a running total at that).

It's a BRICK
But it is a good travel machine.
Its purpose is to allow me to Not have to put my S9 at risk traveling and yet still be able to sleep with CPAP Therapy while I'm on the road. For that purpose it serves quite well.

This is definitely NOT a replacement for a main machine -- for that you definitely want a full data machine.

I don't suffer from Insanity -- I rather enjoy it!!

Bert_Mathews

Post by Bert_Mathews » Sat Oct 08, 2011 9:04 am

Tip10 wrote:The Zzz-Pap Silent Traveler has:
NO SOFTWARE
NO DATA
Nothing but hours of use (and its a running total at that).

It's a BRICK
But it is a good travel machine.
Its purpose is to allow me to Not have to put my S9 at risk traveling and yet still be able to sleep with CPAP Therapy while I'm on the road. For that purpose it serves quite well.

This is definitely NOT a replacement for a main machine -- for that you definitely want a full data machine.
THANKS - - <<<<BUT>>>> I was just able to download the software from http://www.pmiusa.biz/sleep.html
I do like the weight compared to the M Series Auto CPAP with A-Flex & the software clams the same as EncoreViewer????
HAS ANYBODY used the software or could make a COMMENT???
Bert

Be careful about reading health books. You may die of a misprint.
http://www.sharpstones.com

Eccers

Post by Eccers » Sat Oct 08, 2011 9:20 am

EccWhy not look at an intelliPAP Bert?

They are small, inexpensive and have full data.

I have been looking at this as my first machine (im currently hiring as i was only recently diognosed)

ljsmith10@yahoo.com

Post by ljsmith10@yahoo.com » Fri Feb 28, 2014 9:14 am

My probasic cpapp keep reverting back to the standby after about 5 minutes. Any suggestion on how to fix it?