Cats!

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
tuna

Cats!

Post by tuna » Thu Jun 28, 2007 3:53 pm

Does anyone else have the problem with cats chewing on there hose? Just wondering!

HOSEHEADS of America: Striving for that long lost good nights sleep!

denise1768

Post by denise1768 » Thu Jun 28, 2007 4:10 pm

haha. He's been good lately with the chewing (he would chew on the side of my swift II).. but, he loves the air coming out of the vent.

I have a 7 month old Maine Coon who's already 12 pounds with HUGE paws. He lays on my chest and puts his big ole paw on the vent, takes it off, puts it on, etc... Luckily he doesn't keep it there or I'd be dead. Hmmmm, maybe that's the source of my morning headaches!! (previous post)

Guess you need to spray it with bitter apple but I don't know if that would do damage to the hose.

Denise

6PtStar

Post by 6PtStar » Thu Jun 28, 2007 4:17 pm

My cat and 2 dogs spend a lot of time on the bed with us (especially when it storms) but have never taken a second look at the equipment. Almost 7 months now. Guess I will have to keep an eye out for a possible change in diet.

JZ

Post by JZ » Thu Jun 28, 2007 4:21 pm

No problem here because the cats are not allowed in the bedroom. I absolutely adore cats, but am such a light sleeper they wake me up if I let them sleep with me. So my current two have never made contact with my cpap equipment. Of course they constantly try to sneak into the bedroom if I leave the door open for a moment, because, like all cats, they are very keen on going anywhere they are not supposed to.

Janna

jabberwock

Post by jabberwock » Thu Jun 28, 2007 4:25 pm

To the best of my knowledge, my cats don't chew on anything... never really have. They really like to lie on top of things though, boxes, plastic bags, suitcases, anything that is different for them. I caught one of them about to lie down on my mask when I took it off in the morning, so I turned the airflow on, and he bolted from the room and has not gone near it since. Chicken....

oceanpearl

Post by oceanpearl » Thu Jun 28, 2007 4:55 pm

Our cat is never allowed in the bedroom at night. We never have had a problem with her chewing or gnawing on things. Whoever had her before she adopted us trained her well.
I just want to go back to sleep!

Babette

Post by Babette » Thu Jun 28, 2007 5:06 pm

Nope don't have that problem. It's not that I don't LIKE cats, I just can't eat a whole one....

LOL,
B.

I currently have a stash of Nasal Aire II cannulas in Small or Extra Small. Please PM me if you would like them. I'm interested in bartering for something strange and wonderful that I don't currently own. Or a Large size NAII cannula. :)

denise1768

Post by denise1768 » Thu Jun 28, 2007 5:08 pm

Babette wrote:Nope don't have that problem. It's not that I don't LIKE cats, I just can't eat a whole one....

LOL,
B.
Big ole paw slap on the head to Babette!
Denise

Babette

Post by Babette » Thu Jun 28, 2007 5:17 pm

Hee hee hee... I was just beggingfor trouble badmouthing things with claws...

Really, a little barbecue sauce, a few minutes on the grill... YUM!
B.

I currently have a stash of Nasal Aire II cannulas in Small or Extra Small. Please PM me if you would like them. I'm interested in bartering for something strange and wonderful that I don't currently own. Or a Large size NAII cannula. :)

Stefernie

Post by Stefernie » Thu Jun 28, 2007 5:31 pm

6PtStar wrote:Guess I will have to keep an eye out for a possible change in diet.

catbirdgirl

Post by catbirdgirl » Thu Jun 28, 2007 5:55 pm

now that my cat is used to the equipment I have to pull him off my hose at night....

Wolfmarsh

Post by Wolfmarsh » Thu Jun 28, 2007 6:06 pm

My cat bit my hose once and got a pop on the behind for it.

He hasnt done it since.

bdp522

Post by bdp522 » Thu Jun 28, 2007 7:53 pm

You could try a hose cover to protect the hose. Offerocker a forum member makes the comfortsleeve. There are others but I don't have names for them.

Brenda

tuna

Post by tuna » Thu Jun 28, 2007 9:30 pm

bdp522 wrote:You could try a hose cover to protect the hose. Offerocker a forum member makes the comfortsleeve. There are others but I don't have names for them.

Brenda

HOSEHEADS of America: Striving for that long lost good nights sleep!

Vader

Post by Vader » Thu Jun 28, 2007 9:38 pm

Wolfmarsh wrote:My cat bit my hose once and got a pop on the behind for it.

He hasnt done it since.
Out of the many cats that I've ever had, I don't think there was even one that stopped doing any annoying habit, regardless of what I did to stop them!

Vader