You'll will love this one about the DME......GUARANTEED

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
elazarus

Thank you.....

Post by elazarus » Thu Jun 28, 2007 10:20 pm

Yes, it helps....I appreciate it......

I guess where I am still confused is that the APAP automatically sets the pressure for inhale and exhale and Bi-Flex means that you give it a value and it stays there so APAP would be better...but where does C-Flex fit into the picture?

Then some machines give you a digital readout and others need a "smart Card" ...I would love to see a readout....

So which is a better machine to use:

M series Auto CPAP with A-Flex

or

M Series BIPAP Auto with Bi-Flex???

Elliot

CPAPopedia Keywords Contained In This Post (Click For Definition): C-FLEX, APAP

rested gal

Re: Thank you.....

Post by rested gal » Fri Jun 29, 2007 12:31 am

elazarus wrote:So which is a better machine to use:

M series Auto CPAP with A-Flex

or

M Series BIPAP Auto with Bi-Flex???

Either one would be good. I'd take whichever one you can get.

The BiPAP Auto would require a prescription that says "bipap" or "bi-level" on it, instead of the word "cpap" or "autopap."
ResMed S9 VPAP Auto (ASV)
Humidifier: Integrated + Climate Control hose
Mask: Aeiomed Headrest (deconstructed, with homemade straps
3M painters tape over mouth
ALL LINKS by rested gal:
viewtopic.php?t=17435

Patrick A

Re: You'll will love this one about the DME......GUARANTEED

Post by Patrick A » Fri Jun 29, 2007 12:39 am

[quote="elazarus"]The other day I wrote about the service from DME's....or lack thereof.

On Monday the DME canceled my appt as they did not have the Pick Up form from the former DME, Lincare. At 4pm Monday I told the new DME Premiere not to worry about it that I will get the paperwork and then I will decide who to use for XPAP care.

Today, my Doctor's office called as asked me what the problem was in that Premiere called and said that I may be going elsewhere and I hadn't called them back.

I told the P.A. that I have the paperwork that they had 10 days to get and now I can go anywhere I choose....plus I refuse to accept whatever machine they want to give me (as discussed here for profit reasons) instead of what the Doctor wrote on the prescription.

The bottom line is that WE DO have control over our healthcare. We do have choices as to who we do business with. And, if I would not accept this type of service in my business why should I accept it from a health care provider....especially when I told them "Hell with the insurance, I will pay for it to get the show on the road".

The Doctor's P.A. said she would call them to make sure that I get what I want/need and I am bringing the info that I obtained from this great forum.....

Film at 11....

Elliot

Don't Bend or Squash, My Aluminum Hat,it keeps them from knowing what I am thinking!
I need more Coffee&Old Bushmills!
"Without Truckdrivers America Stops!"
I'm not always wrong,but I'm not always right!
"Semper Fi"