Where do you keep these machines???

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
loonlvr

Post by loonlvr » Sat Apr 02, 2005 8:14 am

I have mine on a nite stand. I run the hose up to a pole lamp then down. I find that when I toss and turn I get much less tangled up. If I had a head board I would run it to that first, then down. Think rested gal gave me that idea.

Mikesus

Post by Mikesus » Sat Apr 02, 2005 8:33 am

Second RG's thought on the Aussie heated hose. It will "cure" almost all rainout.

As for my post regarding why it shouldn't be on the floor. RG was correct. Your machine will ingest more dust sitting on the floor, especially if you have carpet. If can only set it on the floor, make sure you check your filter!!

My machine sits on top of my Austin Aire Hepa filter (looks like a small nightstand) I use the Aussie Heated Hose and run that up to a hook above my bed.

Marie

Where to put machine

Post by Marie » Sun Apr 03, 2005 6:40 am

My cpap is on a night stand,about 1 inch lower than bed.So far no problems with that.Have a passover humidifier that machine sits on.
I leave all of it out all the time.Hoses and mask,I just put them on the side of the machine during the day.

Marie

Yoga

Post by Yoga » Sun Apr 03, 2005 1:27 pm

Be sure you put a pan under any humidifier. Mine just leaked a lot of water. Fortunately I had the Apap and the humidifier in a baking pan.