Need some advice about snores/AHIs

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
robbieh

Need some advice about snores/AHIs

Post by robbieh » Mon Jun 25, 2007 2:36 pm

I started CPAP on 5/14/07 at a pressure of 7. That was upped to 10 after the titration study. My AHIs go up and down between 1.5 and 7.2. I got a FF mask when it became obvious that I mouth breathe. On a FF mask I've begun snoring. I went from 30 snores a night to 400 on Saturday and 270 last night. I don't feel like I am getting enough sleep, but it is still better than before starting treatment. My RT told me on Friday I probably would do better on APAP and would call my sleep doctor to see if he could get me one. I'm so new at all of this, I don't know how to advocate for myself or even if it is something I should do anything about. When I called the RT today, he hadn't called my sleep doc who is only in the clinic twice a month. I will own my machine after 7/14/07 so I am anxious to get some information about how far to push this. Does anyone have advice? I just want to feel better. I am compliant and don't want to be a pest.

Snoredog

Post by Snoredog » Mon Jun 25, 2007 6:42 pm

I would try bumping your pressure up by 1cm. With C-flex enabled, you probably won't notice the difference.

I don't feel Full Face masks offer as good a treatment as nasal, but if you mouth breathe you don't have much choice other than taping.

someday science will catch up to what I'm saying...

higgy

Post by higgy » Mon Jun 25, 2007 8:04 pm

Robbieh;

Be a pest, you are your best advocate. It is your health. Many times things drop through the cracks by accident.