covering/tape for nose?

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.

covering/tape for nose?

Post by Guest » Mon Mar 28, 2005 11:41 am

On to other questions as I attempt to fine tune my cpap usage. I still get red marks on my nose even with a loosely fitting Activa. I do wash it everyday and have adjusted the straps many times. I ran a search on this topic and saw where someone suggested a product called duo derm. Does anyone else have any other suggestions. I would like some type of covering/tape for the bridge of my nose that still will seal with the mask, but prevent nose reddness/sores.

Thanks in advance for the help.

day for night

Post by day for night » Mon Mar 28, 2005 11:42 am

Day for night posed this message. I log in and still get guested all the time.

Thanks for your responses.
CPAP BLOWS! (get it? It blows and it "blows" haha wow I kill me!)

WillSucceed

Duo-derm

Post by WillSucceed » Mon Mar 28, 2005 11:45 am

You can purchase Duo-Derm from just about any medical supply place. I've seen it on-line as well. I have found that the "Extra Thin" works well as it is thick enough to protect the skin but not so thick that it causes problems with getting a good seal. When I have used the "Thin" Duo-Derm, I get leaking problems.

To get it off, I get in the shower and the warm/hot water makes the adhesive let go. Don't pull it off dry as it can injure that sensitive nose-bridge skin that you are trying to protect.

This stuff is expensive, but it does help.

day for night

Post by day for night » Mon Mar 28, 2005 11:52 am

Thanks Willsucceed

Has anyone tried any of these scar coverups for sale at regular drug stores. They look like they could be effective.
CPAP BLOWS! (get it? It blows and it "blows" haha wow I kill me!)

TXKajun

Post by TXKajun » Mon Mar 28, 2005 12:01 pm

I found some paper tape by Johnson & Johnson at Walmart. I tear a strip about 2" long, place it across the bridge of my nose just before putting on my Ultra FF mask. It doesn't completely stop the red marks, but it makes them so much less that, usually, by the end of my first cup of coffee, they're gone. It comes in a roll that's about 1/2 inch wide and is quite cheap.

ozij

Post by ozij » Mon Mar 28, 2005 10:17 pm

Do you mean that white stuff that is hypoalergenic, for use instead of the usual sticky tape (aka "plaster" in my country, but I know plaster is the stuff casts are made of, and I don't mean that, I mean the part that sticks bandaids to your skin...).
O.

TXKajun

Post by TXKajun » Tue Mar 29, 2005 8:23 am

No. This stuff is labeled "paper tape". It is very thin and not extremely adhesive, but the ff mask keeps it in place very well.

christinequilts

Re: Duo-derm

Post by christinequilts » Tue Mar 29, 2005 9:48 am

WillSucceed wrote: To get it off, I get in the shower and the warm/hot water makes the adhesive let go. Don't pull it off dry as it can injure that sensitive nose-bridge skin that you are trying to protect.
You can get a medical adhesive remover to help get it off and take care of any residual sticky. It comes in little packets like alcohol wipes or in a bottle- the little packets are more expensive but are nice for travel. I've learned to bring them with me when I'm hospitalized to deal with all the tape from mulitple blood draws & IV's- its amazing that most nurses don't even realize a product like it is available (the only problem is they want to 'borrow' them for other patients-lol).

Hugh Jass

Post by Hugh Jass » Tue Mar 29, 2005 10:55 am

I have the same problem.

For some reason I need to log in twice, and then it's o.k.
Trying is the first step towards failure.

Hugh Jass

Post by Hugh Jass » Tue Mar 29, 2005 10:55 am

I have the same problem.

For some reason I need to log in twice, and then it's o.k.

Hugh Jass

Post by Hugh Jass » Tue Mar 29, 2005 2:46 pm

Who said I was redundant ?

Better n Tx

CPAP Anti Irritation Strips

Post by Better n Tx » Mon Apr 04, 2005 12:54 pm

I started using this product about a month ago,,,,they work great. I haven had one bit of irritation since I started using this product...check it out...
SLEEP EZ company name is CG Labs 817-279-1945..
Good Luck

ITeach

Post by ITeach » Mon Apr 04, 2005 2:58 pm

I use Band-Aid brand clear spots. It is a very small pad with clear adhesive all around. It is not as sticky as some of the other things recommended. It also has adhesive all the way around so I have no problem getting a good seal with my ff mask.

Ducky2

Re: covering/tape for nose?

Post by Ducky2 » Mon Dec 16, 2013 11:32 am

I too use the 'paper tape' to help with redness/soreness on the bridge of my nose.

but this last couple of days I have been waking up with alot of redness all around my face where the FF mask fits...anyone else? its so red that even by evening it still hasn't disappeared. this morning it even looks like I have a couple tiny areas where its raw and appears like it may open...
suggestions???

Julie

Re: covering/tape for nose?

Post by Julie » Mon Dec 16, 2013 11:36 am

Yes, start a new thread - this one's 11 yrs old!