Last post/Subject on this username

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
akcpapguy

Last post/Subject on this username

Post by akcpapguy » Thu May 31, 2007 10:58 pm

Hi folks,

This will be my last post in this forum, I will not go into the details other than. Some people have been offended by my posts and it could possibly affect my job.

I have had a great time on here with everyone, and wish you the best in your pursuit of the great sleep you all deserve.
Last edited by akcpapguy on Sat Jun 02, 2007 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rested gal

Post by rested gal » Fri Jun 01, 2007 12:20 am

I'm very, very sorry to hear that, akcpapguy. You always shot straight with us. Your posts were excellent. Your caring shone through.

I understand, but still hope it will not be a permanent leave-taking from posting. You're a good'un.

Take care,

Laura
ResMed S9 VPAP Auto (ASV)
Humidifier: Integrated + Climate Control hose
Mask: Aeiomed Headrest (deconstructed, with homemade straps
3M painters tape over mouth
ALL LINKS by rested gal:
viewtopic.php?t=17435

lmmo

Post by lmmo » Fri Jun 01, 2007 1:08 am

I enjoyed reading your posts...it is a shame that a dme that wears cpap can not feel comfortable here. I am leary of posting as well. I am a RPSGT, CRT, and cpapper as well. People that post like the above post are intimidating and scare posters with questions away that may otherwise benefit. However I do reccommend this site to my patients. I also read the posts to find tricks of the trade to pass on. I am sorry you need to leave the site. L

CPAPopedia Keywords Contained In This Post (Click For Definition): CPAP, DME

lmmo

Post by lmmo » Fri Jun 01, 2007 1:57 am

I'm sorry that my patients have to be exposed to your rudeness- SNOREDOG. (who deleted his posts between mine) Aren't we all (cpappers) seeking the same thing? We should ALL be afforded support without intimidation, bashing and negative banter.

Last edited by lmmo on Fri Jun 01, 2007 11:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dsm

Post by dsm » Fri Jun 01, 2007 3:14 am

[quote="lmmo"]I enjoyed reading your posts...it is a shame that a dme that wears cpap can not feel comfortable here. I am leary of posting as well. I am a RPSGT, CRT, and cpapper as well. People that post like the above post are intimidating and scare posters with questions away that may otherwise benefit. However I do reccommend this site to my patients. I also read the posts to find tricks of the trade to pass on. I am sorry you need to leave the site. L

xPAP and Quattro std mask (plus a pad-a-cheek anti-leak strap)

StillAnotherGuest

Post by StillAnotherGuest » Fri Jun 01, 2007 5:36 am

Well, everything in life is a battle. OSA, forum banter, even driving to work, "it's always something".

I hope the reason that people make decisions is based on their ultimate goal or benefit, and are willing to demonstrate that commitment.

I have 5 quotes posted in the office, not from necessarily "famous" people, they're actually all movie quotes (hey, I think life isn't really all that complicated, people just make it that way).

My favorite is from Sean Connery as Jim Malone in the movie The Untouchables:
And THEN what are you prepared to do?
SAG

Aromatherapy may help CPAP compliance. Lavender, Mandarin, Chamomile, and Sweet Marjoram aid in relaxation and sleep. Nature's Gift has these and a blend of all four called SleepEase.

DreamStalker

Post by DreamStalker » Fri Jun 01, 2007 6:45 am

Everyone is offended by something. I don't understand how this could affect your job however ... unless of course it was your boss that was the offended one

I would hope that you reconsider as what makes this forum so great is that one is free to read and post all views to PAP treatment issues ... whether all or none are in agreement.

What ever your final decision, wish you the best.

President-pretender, J. Biden, said "the DNC has built the largest voter fraud organization in US history". Too bad they didn’t build the smartest voter fraud organization and got caught.

WillSucceed

Post by WillSucceed » Fri Jun 01, 2007 9:32 am

Sorry to see you go, Akcpapguy; hope you will reconsider.

And... for those of you who don't like anonymous posters, this is a great example of why anonymous posters SHOULD be allowed. This guy should not have to worry about his job just because he posts on this forum.
Buy a new hat, drink a good wine, treat yourself, and someone you love, to a new bauble, live while you are alive... you never know when the mid-town bus is going to have your name written across its front bumper!

DreamStalker

Post by DreamStalker » Fri Jun 01, 2007 9:40 am

WillSucceed wrote:Sorry to see you go, Akcpapguy; hope you will reconsider.

And... for those of you who don't like anonymous posters, this is a great example of why anonymous posters SHOULD be allowed. This guy should not have to worry about his job just because he posts on this forum.
Wha?? ...

Akcpapguy is not an anonymous poster ... for all we know it may well have been an anonymous poster that was offended. Just don't see the relationship between your opinion and Akcpapguy's job?????

... but I do agree with you that Akcpapguy should reconsider and remain part of our group.
President-pretender, J. Biden, said "the DNC has built the largest voter fraud organization in US history". Too bad they didn’t build the smartest voter fraud organization and got caught.

Goofproof

Post by Goofproof » Fri Jun 01, 2007 9:55 am

Even if you must leave, don't forget us poor users out here, and you can comeback, we allow alter ego's. I enjoyed your posts. Jim
Use data to optimize your xPAP treatment!

"The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient while nature cures the disease." Voltaire

Wulfman

Post by Wulfman » Fri Jun 01, 2007 10:03 am

Darin,

Please check your PMs.

Best wishes,

Den
(5) REMstar Autos w/C-Flex & (6) REMstar Pro 2 CPAPs w/C-Flex - Pressure Setting = 14 cm.
"Passover" Humidification - ResMed Ultra Mirage FF - Encore Pro w/Card Reader & MyEncore software - Chiroflow pillow
User since 05/14/05

Daffney_Gillfin

Post by Daffney_Gillfin » Fri Jun 01, 2007 10:50 am

WillSucceed wrote: And... for those of you who don't like anonymous posters, this is a great example of why anonymous posters SHOULD be allowed. This guy should not have to worry about his job just because he posts on this forum.
It was his decision to reveal what he did about himself, where he lives, what he does for a living, what he looks like, etc. Simply choosing and consistently using a registered username reveals nothing. AFAIK, guest posting is still allowed, and had he wanted to hide behind that option, he could have. He chose not to. I'm not faulting him for that, but just saying....

I don't know how posting here threatened his job, but it is a shame that it happened. I found his posts helpful, and hope he is able to return.
--
DG
Silverlining output screenshots http://www.flickr.com/photos/daffneygillfin/
"Pain breeds compliance" -- Rudy Reyes
Pressure set at 11(min) - 15(max) Titrated 11

Slinky

Post by Slinky » Fri Jun 01, 2007 11:18 am

Please come back w/a new ID, akcpapguy! It helps that you advise us you are a PAPper and an RT or whatever but beyond that we don't give a hoot or need to know and thus avoid any chance you could be recognized by your employer.

As much as I regret those who chose to jump on you I regret your employer becoming aware of the "unfriendly" side of some of us in the forum. I would much rather he support referral to this forum for all his company's xPAP patients. Thanks for sharing w/us as much as you did. God bless!

My computer says I need to upgrade my brain to be compatible with its new software.

Babette

Post by Babette » Fri Jun 01, 2007 11:49 am

EDITTED 06/02/07 - LMMO was talking about a post by Snoredog, that was deleted before I got to this discussion. I apologize both to LMMO and this forum for my incivility.

lmmo wrote:I'm sorry that my patients have to be exposed to your rudeness. Aren't we all (cpappers) seeking the same thing? We should ALL be afforded support without intimidation, bashing and negative banter.

LMMO, who are you talking about? I'm certain you aren't talking about akcpapguy, as his posts have consistently been curteous and professional.

If your patients are offended by this forum, they should leave, not akcpapguy.

Offended by YOUR POST LMMO.
Barbara

Last edited by Babette on Sat Jun 02, 2007 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I currently have a stash of Nasal Aire II cannulas in Small or Extra Small. Please PM me if you would like them. I'm interested in bartering for something strange and wonderful that I don't currently own. Or a Large size NAII cannula. :)

neverbetter

Post by neverbetter » Fri Jun 01, 2007 11:55 am

What is the problem, wile your suppose to be working your employer caught you trolling the internet and posting on CPAPTALK ?
Did someone call your job and tell on you?
Why do you have to obstain and go away or risk loosing your job?

I work from home weather I'm in Miami, London, California or NY, but if I were in an office, I would not be logged on here or my fishing forums over hour a day, that's for sure.

Come back as bobo the clown.