General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
blowfish

Post by blowfish » Wed May 02, 2007 5:25 pm

Last edited by blowfish on Mon Nov 03, 2008 1:58 am, edited 3 times in total.

Jaggles

Post by Jaggles » Wed May 02, 2007 5:55 pm

I am not a fan of people who use their forum, which they provide as a free service, as a place to bash cpap.com. If you don't like their price, buy it elsewhere. My experience with cpap.com has been very favorable. I find their prices very very competitive and their service exceptional.

I suppose when you are invited to dinner, you criticize the host's cooking too.

blarg

Post by blarg » Thu May 03, 2007 12:55 am

Mike,

I believe I have particularly unique and strong position to come from when I say that you have nothing to be whining about here.
I'm a programmer Jim, not a doctor!

pedroski

Post by pedroski » Thu May 03, 2007 5:34 am

Sorry Mike,

I'm with Jaggles on this one. I've never bought anything from cpap.com but have received great help for free from this forum.

At the end of the day they are a business & entitled to charge what they want. If the customers don't like it they will vote with their feet.

Peter Image

CPAPopedia Keywords Contained In This Post (Click For Definition): cpap.com

Slinky

Post by Slinky » Thu May 03, 2007 6:16 am

Do you always bite the hand that feeds you, Mike? If you don't like their price, buy elsewhere.

My computer says I need to upgrade my brain to be compatible with its new software.

ejdischer

Post by ejdischer » Thu May 03, 2007 1:01 pm

I completely disagree, as I have before. It's ridiculous to say we can't criticize Cpap.com on this board just because they run the message board. This is exactly the type of reasoning that kept Imus on the air so long. He'd say things ten times worse than what he said about those Rutgers girls, but people would defend him and say, "oh but he does so much for charity." Just because they provide the board, doesn't make them immune to criticism or complaints. If anything, complaints on this board would be met with a more genuine response. If the people they provide a board for are complaining about them, then maybe they're in need of change. Just my $0.02.

EJD

oldgearhead

Post by oldgearhead » Thu May 03, 2007 1:17 pm

I STILL don't know why I have to vote twice for the vote to register.

People have more fun than anybody..

Goofproof

Post by Goofproof » Thu May 03, 2007 1:24 pm

ejdischer wrote:I completely disagree, as I have before. It's ridiculous to say we can't criticize Cpap.com on this board just because they run the message board. This is exactly the type of reasoning that kept Imus on the air so long. He'd say things ten times worse than what he said about those Rutgers girls, but people would defend him and say, "oh but he does so much for charity." Just because they provide the board, doesn't make them immune to criticism or complaints. If anything, complaints on this board would be met with a more genuine response. If the people they provide a board for are complaining about them, then maybe they're in need of change. Just my $0.02.
Your $0.02, is overvalued, You can criticize anyone, you want, as long as you are allowed, that however doesn't make it the polite, or the correct thing to do. The only way customers set prices are, by the gun, or vote with your billfold. Jim

What something is worth comes down to what it's worth to us, when we need it. Supply & Demand 101 I'll bet you still buy Gas for your car, someone must be.

Use data to optimize your xPAP treatment!

"The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient while nature cures the disease." Voltaire

mikemoran

Post by mikemoran » Thu May 03, 2007 1:35 pm

CPAP.com is as open to criticism as anything or anyone else on this board. However, when I read a poll that starts out with "Is CPAP.com ripping us off", that goes beyond criticism and is purely an attack. If you think the price is high then say so, but the implication is our forum sponsor is stealing from us.

That is both disrespectful to the company and personnel.

I would just like to note the administrator has not removed this thread, which would of occurred on other Forums.

DreamStalker

Post by DreamStalker » Thu May 03, 2007 1:38 pm

CPAP.COM has not taken anything from anyone by "force" ... the customers have a choice to buy or not to buy.

Silly humans ... always blaming someone else for their disappointments

President-pretender, J. Biden, said "the DNC has built the largest voter fraud organization in US history". Too bad they didn’t build the smartest voter fraud organization and got caught.

Elle

Post by Elle » Thu May 03, 2007 1:43 pm

Here's my experience.....A part from my supplier priced at $125. cost $35. at cpap.com.

I was offended by the subject line as well... ick

blowfish

Post by blowfish » Thu May 03, 2007 2:35 pm

Last edited by blowfish on Sun Nov 02, 2008 11:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Slinky

Post by Slinky » Thu May 03, 2007 3:05 pm

Have any of you asked cpap.com if they are willing to meet that price before buying elsewhere?

My computer says I need to upgrade my brain to be compatible with its new software.

blowfish

Post by blowfish » Thu May 03, 2007 3:06 pm

Last edited by blowfish on Sun Nov 02, 2008 11:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jaggles

Post by Jaggles » Thu May 03, 2007 3:14 pm

[quote="ejdischer"]I completely disagree, as I have before. It's ridiculous to say we can't criticize Cpap.com on this board just because they run the message board. This is exactly the type of reasoning that kept Imus on the air so long. He'd say things ten times worse than what he said about those Rutgers girls, but people would defend him and say, "oh but he does so much for charity." Just because they provide the board, doesn't make them immune to criticism or complaints. If anything, complaints on this board would be met with a more genuine response. If the people they provide a board for are complaining about them, then maybe they're in need of change. Just my $0.02.

EJD