Most Important CPAP Feature/Attribute

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.

What is the Most Important CPAP Feature/Attribute

Quietness
16%
Ease of Travel (Size and Weight)
1%
Ease of Use (User Display)
6%
Quality of Supporting Software
6%
Breathability
55%
None Of These - See My Comment
16%

Total votes: 77

rock and roll

Post by rock and roll » Sat Mar 26, 2005 9:20 pm

Go back and reread your post, you decided the thread was not going in the direction you liked so you tried to intimidate it back to what pleased you. SG and others clearly felt your force but you don't fool me. You may post more than anyone else but that does not make you boss of the forum, that falls to Johnny as it's his list. To me you are just a busy body with too much time on his hands!

wading thru the muck!

Post by wading thru the muck! » Sat Mar 26, 2005 9:44 pm

I wrote:Besides, this thread was about the machine and not the mask. If when asked what could be better about the machine, the answer given is it's all about the mask, then we won't get better machines. Leave the mask comments for the mask thread.
The above is my exact quote. I see no intimidation. You are the one using the vulgar language and Nazi references. It's too bad you need to bring this kind of abusive language to the forum. I, for one, see no value in it. Once again you choose to insult my contribution to the forum by claiming I"m a busy body with too much time on my hands. That is as far from the truth as you could know. Please keep your comments relevant to the forum and refrain from refering to me using such inflamatory terms.
Sincerely,
wading thru the muck of the sleep study/DME/Insurance money pit!

rock and roll

Post by rock and roll » Sat Mar 26, 2005 9:56 pm

You do not ask. You demand. I don't take commands from you. Read the few posts from others just after your post and read where they said don't be mad, and apologised for not being agreeable to your mood swing.

Muck, we have been through this,before. You seem to have a sense of ownership with this forum just because you post so much. I accepted your apology (after much negotiating on our part off forum) once before where you admited to being a hothead. Again, if you can acknowlege where you again barked, I will overlook. But I feel YOU are the one wrong here and I feel that you interfere to much on this forum and are therefore a detriment.

Thomas

Post by Thomas » Sun Mar 27, 2005 2:21 pm

Since I got my AutoSet Spirit I have discovered the invaluable feature of having my AHI readings immediately available to me. Now I know that someting isn't working right, and am on a quest to find out what it is. Without this feature, there was no way for me to know something has been wrong with my cpap treatment for a long time. Since I also have an underactive thyroid, which causes similar symptoms, I thought that was the culprit. So having a readout on the machine with critcal info is extremely important to me now as well as the downloadable info.

Tom

wading thru the muck!

Post by wading thru the muck! » Thu Mar 31, 2005 3:41 pm

TrippHammer (TAS) wrote:So anyone out there know of a Bi-level that will run on 12 VDC and a low current draw? I am a river rafter and am planning to do some trips (Desolation Canyon, Main Salmon and others) that will be at least 7 nights long or longer. Am hoping that somewhere out there is a manufacturer that will recognize the need to allow folks like myself to continue our outdoor activities. What I really am dreaming of is a waterproof (to survive the class IV and V rapids), low voltage, low current draw, bi-level machine that automatically adjusts for altitude changes. Am I asking to much? Take Care
Here's a request for a mchine with a combination of unique features from a poster on TAS
Sincerely,

chrisp

Post by chrisp » Thu Mar 31, 2005 5:13 pm

The PB 425 operates from 12V directly no inverters needed. Just the $7 cable from radio shack. It is similar to the PB420. That has a current draw of about .75 amps. Might check it out.

Chris

wading thru the muck!

Post by wading thru the muck! » Thu Mar 31, 2005 5:38 pm

Chris,

Is it waterproof?

Can you repeatedly submurge it while whitewater rafting?
Sincerely,

chrisp

Post by chrisp » Thu Mar 31, 2005 5:42 pm

Buy one and give it a try. The resmed spirit can ingest water and survive . The PB isnt as durable. Just invest in a good waterproof bag and go for it. Dont forget the 57 pound battery . Mine lasted over 2 weeks. You might try 1 of these http://www.pelican-case.com/

Last edited by chrisp on Thu Mar 31, 2005 8:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rock and roll

Post by rock and roll » Thu Mar 31, 2005 8:19 pm

Go to WalMart and buy a watertight tack box, I have one that I fish and hunt with and I have taken it in the water snorkeling and it had done fine. A battery would fit in it fine, even have big ones the whole CPAP would fit into. Cost of it is $14.99.

MeToo

Re: Most Important CPAP Feature/Attribute

Post by MeToo » Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:05 am

More effective interpretation and response to breathing disruptions.

RestedRebel

Post by RestedRebel » Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:45 am

My machine is small and quiet, which allows me to travel with it. It is comfortable, my nasal pillows give me the air I need, and I've never felt better. I guess I'd say the most important things to me are: comfort, quiet, and portability. It's impossible for me to list just one attribute.

OhHelpMe

Post by OhHelpMe » Mon Jan 06, 2014 2:41 pm

Most Important CPAP Feature/Attribute
Blows air?

Daydream Believer

Post by Daydream Believer » Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:03 am

Breathability - but that includes fast response in pressure changes, recognizing pressure relief needs and being flexible between auto-adjusting and hard-set options.

I'd love to have some built-in options for aromatherapy (I'm still working on finding some that work for me) and anything that might help us overcome congestion during a cold. The humidifier is just one piece of that puzzle.

Another possible improvement... An optional container that holds more distiller water and keeps the reservoir filled without having to worry that it runs dry overnight. Yes, the reservoir still needs to be cleaned on schedule - but how many of us forget to check the water level till we're settled into bed? This could make the process easier for those of us who have a hard time lifting the gallon jug every few days,too.

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Thu Aug 21, 2014 8:27 pm

Smaller containers are easier to handle for those with a tremor, too.

bwexler

Post by bwexler » Thu Aug 21, 2014 8:39 pm

All of the above is a good place to start.

Hopefully these prompt responses will make the cut before final design decisions are made on the new machines.