music in cpap machine

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
GarthsWorld

Post by GarthsWorld » Thu Apr 12, 2007 12:19 am

I know if I'm having a hard time hearing someone who is speaking softly (or, not that I would, but if I ever wanted to eavesdrop) and if I plug my nose briefly and push with a little air pressure I can often hear slightly better. Goes back to 'normal' when I swallow, sort of like relieving the pressure in ears when on a plane. Just a thought that the added pressure from the machine is helping you hear neighbors or such that you wouldn't otherwise?

Don't know that I'd particularly mind, would help drown out the cabs honking all night outside...

Linda3032

Post by Linda3032 » Thu Apr 12, 2007 5:43 pm

would help drown out the cabs honking all night outside...

I don't think there is a cab within 70 miles of us. In fact the only time we see a car, other than our own, is when we go to town. Mind you, town consists of 509 people. So not alot of cars there either. ...

Here we are in Hog Heaven.

Goofproof

Post by Goofproof » Thu Apr 12, 2007 5:54 pm

Linda3032 wrote:would help drown out the cabs honking all night outside...

I don't think there is a cab within 70 miles of us. In fact the only time we see a car, other than our own, is when we go to town. Mind you, town consists of 509 people. So not alot of cars there either. ...

Here we are in Hog Heaven.

If you mowed the lawn, you might find three cars. jim
Use data to optimize your xPAP treatment!

"The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient while nature cures the disease." Voltaire

whatrdreamsmadeof

Oh Man

Post by whatrdreamsmadeof » Thu Apr 12, 2007 6:15 pm

I wonder if cpap.com will swap out my machine for one that plays music.....all mine does is make my tear ducts whistle........Not fair.

Slinky

Post by Slinky » Thu Apr 12, 2007 7:37 pm

I wish MY CPAP would play the music I've put on my 'puter from my old 45s and 33s!! *sigh* You've got good taste in music, Dudley DoRight!

My computer says I need to upgrade my brain to be compatible with its new software.

Derk

There's a very simple solution

Post by Derk » Thu Apr 12, 2007 11:19 pm

Take a three foot long piece of aluminum foil.

Wrap it tightly around the upper part of your head, leaving your ears, eyes and rest of face exposed.

Slip your mask and headgear on, being sure to fit the headgear snugly over the foil.

You'll be fine.

rock and roll

Post by rock and roll » Thu Apr 12, 2007 11:38 pm

In my youth when I was cool and played in a rock band a long, long time ago, my amp. would pick up radio stations occasionally. I too have heard of people with fillings picking up signals and given the right circumstances, most electronic devises can be a receiver.

I would think if it was something I liked, in my case Led Zeppelin or Traffic, I would consider it a bonus. If it was Pavorati or Dixie Chicks....well I would put it in my trash compactor
TripGuy

tangents

Post by tangents » Fri Apr 13, 2007 7:03 am

Lin,

I know this thread has gone silly on you, but we really do care and sympathize with your dilemma. Have you tried the suggestion of plugging your machine into a computer power strip? Have you made any progress getting rid of the music? You can PM me if you want.

Cathy

debstieb

this happened to me last night...too funny

Post by debstieb » Fri Apr 13, 2007 7:28 am

I just told my daughter this am that I was getting mexican soccer on my cpap. then it switched to a rock station..I am laughing so hard right now because this is too much. When I saw this post I was shocked> I have a remstar Auto cpap from kaiser that is a loaner for a week to set the pressure. It has a smart card and I do not know what else...How funny

Deb

OwlCreekObserver

Post by OwlCreekObserver » Fri Apr 13, 2007 9:22 am

Well, obviously what you need is right here!

OCO

debstieb

LOLOLOLOLOLOLO!!!!!!!

Post by debstieb » Fri Apr 13, 2007 12:13 pm

I definitely will order one.. or maybe I can tune to a decent station

Thanks that was too cool!

Deb

debstieb

I hope you do not think I am making fun...I really hear this

Post by debstieb » Fri Apr 13, 2007 12:20 pm

I heard this ...I just don't want to let it get to me. Like when people talk about ghosts> I would rather laugh about them than acknowledge that they exist. I really, really hope that you do not think I was making fun, my post to you was serious about what I heard......The post after, I just had to laugh about though. Can you imaging if someone said this to you ,if you did not experience it...Please send a message to me if you want to discuss this....

Deb

Post by Guest » Sat Apr 14, 2007 7:56 pm

ARE YOU HEARING VOICES? MAY BE AUDITORY HALLUCINATIONS!

roster

Post by roster » Sun Apr 15, 2007 3:17 pm

Goofproof wrote:Try wearing glasses to bed, you may be getting free HBO. Jim
I love a good one-liner and thank you Goofproof for providing many!

I have a vision that we will figure out an easy way to ensure that children develop wide, deep, healthy and attractive jaws and then obstructive sleep apnea becomes an obscure bit of history.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ycw4uaX ... re=related

Wolfmarsh

Post by Wolfmarsh » Mon Apr 16, 2007 11:31 am

Have you tried the suggestion of plugging your machine into a computer power strip?
Just to clarify, I suggest a UPS, not just a regular power strip.

You want something with a power conditioner in it. Something like the APC BE350R (available at lots of places for around $40).

That will probably fix it.