Taping mask on your face

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
KTinTexas

Taping mask on your face

Post by KTinTexas » Fri Apr 05, 2024 12:01 pm

For those of you who have to tape the mask on your face, what kind of tape do you use? I have been using CPAP for over 5 years and I still have the problem of taking the mask off every night. Either I'm taking it off or it's coming off when I move around. My sleep doctor's office is always changin the pressure, but nothing makes a difference.

robbob2112

Re: Taping mask on your face

Post by robbob2112 » Fri Apr 05, 2024 10:21 pm

Cover-Roll Stretch, on amazon it runs about $12 for 2 rolls.

I tape my F&p evora half face mask to my chin.

vandownbytheriver

Post by vandownbytheriver » Sat Apr 06, 2024 8:59 am

KTinTexas wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2024 12:01 pm
For those of you who have to tape the mask on your face, what kind of tape do you use? I have been using CPAP for over 5 years and I still have the problem of taking the mask off every night. Either I'm taking it off or it's coming off when I move around. My sleep doctor's office is always changin the pressure, but nothing makes a difference.
What mask are you using? Taping the mask is not very common that I've seen... you should be acclimated by now. At least you're sleeping well! Perhaps a mask with better straps? My Vitera I'd have to be awake to remove for sure.
robbob2112 wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2024 10:21 pm
Cover-Roll Stretch, on amazon it runs about $12 for 2 rolls.

I tape my F&p evora half face mask to my chin.
Is that for leaks? Or for removal? I'm guessing leaking around the chin area... I tape my mouth using the Vitera FF, helps with jaw drop, that might be what's getting you there. Also stops drooling and mouth-breathing. Wanted to like the Evora FF, couldn't handle the nose friction.

The two-roll deal price has been fluctuating... last time I bought single rolls x2 to get a better deal... looks like the old twofer deal is back now.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01F9JFBBY/re ... _fuw_pd_pd

This is the LankyLefty27-approved mouth tape. I use it on my mouth (and O2Ring!) every night. Put balm on your lips and tuck them in if you use this stuff, it is very sticky. Water helps it release, I do get small injuries when I remove it without releasing it from places without facial hair.

Okie bipap

Post by Okie bipap » Sat Apr 06, 2024 10:57 am

When I taped my mask on, I just used plain white medical tape.

Growing old is mandatory, but growing up is optional.

robbob2112

Post by robbob2112 » Sat Apr 06, 2024 12:58 pm

I tape because of leaks. When my jaw relaxes I get leak around the chin area, especially if I haven't shaved in a week. The tape sticks fairly well over facial hair and doesn't give me a wax job when removing it.

When using it for mouth tape - chapstick on the lips and roll them in a bit when you apply it. Then when you take it off don't just pull out, grab a corner and pull back against it... i.e. take the left edge and pull towards the right. Keep the tape as close to your lips as possible when you pull. It comes off easy that way. And instead of just "rip" the tape off go slow.

for my mask I just take the over the head part off then pull straight down. After that it pulls away from the mask easy unless it was under the clip when wearing it. F&P uses plastic clips verse magnets like Resmed does.

Tony415

Post by Tony415 » Mon Apr 22, 2024 7:41 pm

KTinTexas wrote:
For those of you who have to tape the mask on your face, what kind of tape do you use? I have been using CPAP for over 5 years and I still have the problem of taking the mask off every night. Either I'm taking it off or it's coming off when I move around. My sleep doctor's office is always changing the pressure, but nothing makes a difference.
I use 3M Micropore tape to tape the frame on my face. I use the Philip Wisp mask, the tape holds very well. it helps to stop the leak. The pressure is staying in low side. If I dont tape the frame It usually leaks, I woke up at times, the pressure is high, I got very tire next day. I notice recently my mouth got very dry and cracking lips I dont know because the mask is leaking or my blood glucose is getting higher at 135 in the morning. But taping the mask frame would help alot. I dont use regular pillow any more. I use those camping pillow so I can adjust the air pressure to the high for comfortable. The mask is also not getting pushing aside. Here is the link for the tape.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003T ... UTF8&psc=1
The pillow is "TREKOLOGY Ultralight Inflatable Camping Travel Pillow" also on Amazon. I use it every where.
I am thinking of buying the 2in width tape to tape my mouth to make shure it wont open as I fall asleep.

ChicagoGranny

Post by ChicagoGranny » Tue Apr 23, 2024 1:11 pm

KTinTexas wrote:
My sleep doctor's office is always changin the pressure
After all these years, you are still depending on other people to do that?? Get busy and take control of your therapy. No one has more at stake than you.