Help with Oscar

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Ana2024

Re: Help with Oscar

Post by Ana2024 » Fri Mar 01, 2024 2:02 pm

I have an account on SleepHQ but I cannot upload any files.
I wake up sweating and alarmed once or twice per night. Most times it happens at my "normal" wake up time around 4:30-5:00 am.

Rubicon

Post by Rubicon » Fri Mar 01, 2024 2:51 pm

Freeze this moment a little bit longer.
Make each sensation a little bit stronger.
Experience slips away.

Rubicon

Post by Rubicon » Fri Mar 01, 2024 3:06 pm

And then just copy the address in the address bar.

You can also use Dashboard. Different addresses for the same date:

https://sleephq.com/public/4e315b67-dd1 ... 421c66b589

https://sleephq.com/public/737ca5c9-125 ... fade117042
Experience slips away.

Ana2024

Post by Ana2024 » Fri Mar 01, 2024 11:46 pm

I'm very clumsy or stupid but his is what I get.
The tab data imports doesn't allow to begin upload.
And I cannot copy anything on the tab Share Links either. I tried to apply the path from my computer's Oscar screenshots and it shows on SleepHQ as "failed".

My apologies
Attachments
Naamloos1.png
Naamloos1.png (109.95 KiB) Viewed 6519 times

ozij

Post by ozij » Sat Mar 02, 2024 1:46 am

You have to import from the SD card, just like you do with OSCAR.

SleepHq is recent development, an alternative to OSCAR when you want to share data.
It has to read the data from you SD card. It has to upload it. Do you see the "upload" button on the right?

Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Good advice is compromised by missing data
Forum member Dog Slobber Nov. 2023

Ana2024

Post by Ana2024 » Sun Mar 03, 2024 11:25 pm

My apologies for the delay. I've asked for help from a family member but I still can't upload de data required by SleepHQ
This is what I get
Attachments
Screenshot.png
Screenshot.png (113.65 KiB) Viewed 6159 times

Rubicon

Post by Rubicon » Mon Mar 04, 2024 5:24 am

You're trying to upload a single day. If you want to use SleepHQ you need to load the entire contents of your SD card (although you can upload a single day if you create a new "SD" folder with only the desired day in the DATALOG folder).

You may also need to zip up the SD card before you are able to upload.

See below. You went all the way into DATALOG and that's too far:

Experience slips away.

Ana2024

Post by Ana2024 » Tue Mar 19, 2024 8:14 pm

My apologies for the delay. SleepHQ froze everytime I tried to upload files. I've now uploaded the files from January 1st.

Would these two links serve as an example? Tonight I woke up at 1 AM sweating.

https://sleephq.com/account/teams/JWbbq ... _id=jxLoMj

https://sleephq.com/account/teams/JWbbq ... _id=jxLoMj

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Tue Mar 19, 2024 8:38 pm

Your links take me to your login page I think... You need to make the links public and not private.

There's a way to make the link public but I don't know the steps.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

ozij

Post by ozij » Tue Mar 19, 2024 11:56 pm

Congratulations, Ana, the last two links let us see your breathing during the night.

Here's what I see:
You're using a constant pressure of 7.
This pressure is low enough to let you snore, and, while you're snoring your breath form also shows signs of partial obstruction (flow limitations)
This means that for parts of the night, the pressure isn't high enough to keep your airway open (the technical term is "patent")

You aim should be to sleep at a pressure high enough to keep your airway from those partial collapses, or else, to set up the machine to respond with higher pressure the minute those partial collapses begin.

In other words:
Either the machine has to be at a fixed higher pressure, or else, it has to set up as in automatic mode, with a higher maximum than 7 which will let it raise the pressure in response to snores and flow limitations.

Some people do better with fixed higher pressure. Others do better when the machine changes pressure in accordance with their breathing.

You will have to find out, by trial and error, which mode is better for you.
The present fixed pressure of 7 is simply not enough to keep you breathing properly throughout the night.

Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Ana2024

Post by Ana2024 » Wed Mar 20, 2024 1:08 am

Thank you, ozij.
As I wrote earlier, the pressure has been fixed at 7 and I can't change it to see if a higher or flexible pressure would help.

My question is of there is a correlation between the fixed pressure and experiencing those night sweats.

ozij

Post by ozij » Wed Mar 20, 2024 2:41 am

Ana2024 wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2024 1:08 am
Thank you, ozij.
As I wrote earlier, the pressure has been fixed at 7 and I can't change it to see if a higher or flexible pressure would help.

My question is of there is a correlation between the fixed pressure and experiencing those night sweats.
You are undertreated and you have night sweats. That is reason enough to change the machine's settings.
I have no idea how the medical system works in Holland.

If you had diabetes, you would decide, based on your blood sugar results, how much insulin to take.
Technically, it's very easy for you to change you machine settings - nobody "locked" it.
Perhaps you don't want to - that's your right.
But if you don't do it, you have to find a doctor who will look at your detailed results, realize you're undertreated, and either change your pressure and follow you, or let you change you own and follow you.

Let me emphasize again: You have every right to decide that you don't want to change your pressure by yourself. But, you - anyone - can change the pressure. All it takes is getting into the clinical menu.
Here's a video, created for the US population - but relevant to all of us. (I'm not from there either.) Please, just watch all of it. Then decide.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XjsQUFJeb7U

Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Ana2024

Post by Ana2024 » Wed Mar 20, 2024 3:48 am

Thanks. I watched that video and I'm ready to change the pressure.
What would be the right range of pressure? 7-10?
EPR On or Out?

ozij

Post by ozij » Wed Mar 20, 2024 4:16 am

Ana2024 wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2024 3:48 am
I watched that video and I'm ready to change the pressure.
:D

I wouldn't touch the EPR at this point - making more than one change at a time just confuses us.

I think 7-10 is a good idea. Make that change, see how you feel, and keep track of you results on OSCAR. Stick to it for 5 nights or so, unless something is really really bad.

You can always add more to the maximum pressure if 10 isn't enough, or decide to raise the minimum to a pressure that eliminates almost all snoring.
Share your results and tell us how you feel.
And try to put the mask back on after you've woken up. Your brain has to learn that there is simply no sleeping without CPAP.

Antoine de Saint-Exupery