What a difference with Air Sense 11

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
MVPinBoynton

What a difference with Air Sense 11

Post by MVPinBoynton » Tue Jan 02, 2024 6:24 pm

I’ve used an Air Sense 10 for just over 5 years. For the last year and a half it has not worked quite right, so I was so glad to get a new AS11. I can’t believe how much better it works for me. The 10 must have had issues, since they aren’t that different. What has amazed me is that I haven’t had leaks on the same P30 mask I have been using for several months. I rarely got perfect 20’s on the My Air app, but that is what I have had for 3 of the 4 days I have had it. Needless to say, I am very pleased with the new AS11. Maybe my 10 was just defective, but I wouldn’t think it would impact the mask seal.
ResMed AirSense 10 Auto Set
Mask: AirFit P10

Miss Emerita

Re: What a difference with Air Sense 11

Post by Miss Emerita » Tue Jan 02, 2024 9:13 pm

Congratulations on your results with your new machine! Out of curiosity, have you checked to see whether every setting is the same on your new machine as on the old one?
Oscar software is available at https://www.sleepfiles.com/OSCAR/

MVPinBoynton

Post by MVPinBoynton » Tue Jan 02, 2024 9:18 pm

I had originally raised the minimum pressure to 7 since it wasn’t putting out enough to start. The new machine was at 4, so I left it. Everything else the same.

Vako

Post by Vako » Tue Jan 02, 2024 11:00 pm

MVPinBoynton wrote:
Tue Jan 02, 2024 6:24 pm
I’ve used an Air Sense 10 for just over 5 years. For the last year and a half it has not worked quite right, so I was so glad to get a new AS11. I can’t believe how much better it works for me. The 10 must have had issues, since they aren’t that different. What has amazed me is that I haven’t had leaks on the same P30 mask I have been using for several months. I rarely got perfect 20’s on the My Air app, but that is what I have had for 3 of the 4 days I have had it. Needless to say, I am very pleased with the new AS11. Maybe my 10 was just defective, but I wouldn’t think it would impact the mask seal.
2 things, you should definitely look at both settings because the AS 10 is superior than the 11, the only "cool" thing is the touchscreen.

Don't trust the myair app. That's total rubbish. You can have your mask of for 2 hours still get 100% . Trust Oscar or go to sleepHQ and load your SD card data there, you'll get much better info 🙏

If you need a nice discount on the Bleep Eclipse just shoot me a PM.

Vako!
God Bless!

MVPinBoynton

Post by MVPinBoynton » Wed Jan 03, 2024 6:37 am

Vako wrote:
Tue Jan 02, 2024 11:00 pm
MVPinBoynton wrote:
Tue Jan 02, 2024 6:24 pm
2 things, you should definitely look at both settings because the AS 10 is superior than the 11, the only "cool" thing is the touchscreen.

Don't trust the myair app. That's total rubbish. You can have your mask of for 2 hours still get 100% . Trust Oscar or go to sleepHQ and load your SD card data there, you'll get much better info 🙏
I’m waiting a week before uploading to Oscar. I want to have enough data to compare. I liked the old screen better, since it showed more info when I turned it off. I am sleeping better the 11 and don’t take it off at 4:00 AM when the 10 wasn’t providing enough air at times.

ozij

Post by ozij » Wed Jan 03, 2024 7:20 am

I bet your AS 11 is set to all defaults -- including what you see on the screen.

Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Good advice is compromised by missing data
Forum member Dog Slobber Nov. 2023

MVPinBoynton

Post by MVPinBoynton » Wed Jan 03, 2024 7:24 am

I did change some settings, but didn’t realize I could change the screen. I was going to check that out, but will now look today. Thanks.

Vako

Post by Vako » Wed Jan 03, 2024 12:16 pm

I am with the other poster. I'm willing to bet both have totally different configurations that's why you feel better with one and not the other. The model of a machine shouldn't change your comfortability specially if set with the same stats, for example you may have mon/max pressure at 3-10 and the other at 5-20. That's a rough example this making you feel better with the one that has the correct setting for you

If you need a nice discount on the Bleep Eclipse just shoot me a PM.

Vako!
God Bless!

MVPinBoynton

Post by MVPinBoynton » Wed Jan 03, 2024 12:59 pm

Vako wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2024 12:16 pm
I am with the other poster. I'm willing to bet both have totally different configurations that's why you feel better with one and not the other. The model of a machine shouldn't change your comfortability specially if set with the same stats, for example you may have mon/max pressure at 3-10 and the other at 5-20. That's a rough example this making you feel better with the one that has the correct setting for you
I have both machine set at the same settings through the clinician schedule other than the minimum pressure at 4 rather than 7. I do believe my 10 had some issues, but they started when the Phillips recall started, so Apria wasn’t able to look at the machine. They were slammed. I just lived with it, since I knew a new machine was on the horizon.

I did change the screen setting where I can now see a lot more than what the old machine showed.

ozij

Post by ozij » Wed Jan 03, 2024 10:20 pm

MVPinBoynton wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2024 12:59 pm
Vako wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2024 12:16 pm
I have both machine set at the same settings through the clinician schedule other than the minimum pressure at 4 rather than 7. I do believe my 10 had some issues, but they started when the Phillips recall started, so Apria wasn’t able to look at the machine. They were slammed. I just lived with it, since I knew a new machine was on the horizon.

I did change the screen setting where I can now see a lot more than what the old machine showed.
It will be very interesting to see you OSCAR reports. Please make sure to post the part where OSCAR shows the device settings.

Antoine de Saint-Exupery

loggerhead12

Post by loggerhead12 » Thu Jan 04, 2024 10:04 am

Vako wrote:
Tue Jan 02, 2024 11:00 pm

Don't trust the myair app. That's total rubbish. You can have your mask of for 2 hours still get 100% .
All of this is incorrect.

MVPinBoynton

Post by MVPinBoynton » Thu Jan 04, 2024 10:09 am

Why is the 10 superior to the 11? The only negative comments I have read are about the water tank, which I think is fine.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Thu Jan 04, 2024 10:29 am

MVPinBoynton wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2024 10:09 am
Why is the 10 superior to the 11?
It's not superior. IMHO
It's one person's (or multiple persons') personal opinion(s) as is what I just said....my own opinion.

People get to have their opinions....right or wrong or whether "we" agree or not...they get to have their opinion about whatever.

People prefer the 10 series models for various reasons just as people prefer the 11 series for various reasons.

It's just their own personal opinion though....it's not the gospel set in stone though.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

MVPinBoynton

Post by MVPinBoynton » Thu Jan 04, 2024 10:35 am

Pugsy wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2024 10:29 am
MVPinBoynton wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2024 10:09 am
Why is the 10 superior to the 11?
It's not superior. IMHO
It's one person's (or multiple persons') personal opinion(s) as is what I just said....my own opinion.

People get to have their opinions....right or wrong or whether "we" agree or not...they get to have their opinion about whatever.

People prefer the 10 series models for various reasons just as people prefer the 11 series for various reasons.

It's just their own personal opinion though....it's not the gospel set in stone though.
Thanks for your opinion. I certainly understand differing opinions.

ozij

Post by ozij » Thu Jan 04, 2024 12:20 pm

One difference between the A10 and AS11:
The "garden variety" (black) AS10 APAP doesn't have the "For Her" algorithm, You have buy a "For Her" machine for that.
All the AS11 APAP's have both algorithms.

Antoine de Saint-Exupery