airsense 10 vs 11

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
onward60

airsense 10 vs 11

Post by onward60 » Sun Jul 24, 2022 9:39 pm

Does anyone know what the difference is between the airsense 10 and 11? I think my trial was on airsense 10 autoset for her, if I remember correctly. They seem to be out of stock everywhere now. Would the airsense 11 be basically the same? I am so sleep deprived, I can't figure it out.

latskogkatt

Re: airsense 10 vs 11

Post by latskogkatt » Mon Jul 25, 2022 1:33 am

Based on what I've read here while I was lurking, the 11 includes the optional settings/alternate algorithm that came with the 10 "for her" model... which means it would work nicely. (If I'm wrong, I'm sure someone will correct me.)

ChicagoGranny

Post by ChicagoGranny » Mon Jul 25, 2022 5:45 am

onward60 wrote:
Sun Jul 24, 2022 9:39 pm
Would the airsense 11 be basically the same?
Yes, as long as it is the AirSense 11 AutoSet.

onward60

Post by onward60 » Mon Jul 25, 2022 12:50 pm

Thanks. I've seen some negative reviews about various things about the 11. I thought the 10 was OK. Does anyone know if there were any changes that were bad about the 11? I'm no judge if the complaints are legit or not.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Mon Jul 25, 2022 2:44 pm

onward60 wrote:
Mon Jul 25, 2022 12:50 pm
Thanks. I've seen some negative reviews about various things about the 11. I thought the 10 was OK. Does anyone know if there were any changes that were bad about the 11? I'm no judge if the complaints are legit or not.
I haven't heard of any change with the AirSense 11 models that would be a deal breaker for me.
Most of it was minor setting changes...like with the AirSense 10 you had SmartStart and that took care of Auto On and Auto Off with one setting and with the AirSense 11 they now have 2 independent options for auto on and auto off.

The only real potential negative I have heard of is the fact there is no clock to set with the AirSense 11.
There is only a time zone setting and it can't be changed easily....setting the clock was easy.
Changing the time zone requires erasing all past data and starting over.
Sure screws up OSCAR reports when DST does its thing in spring and fall but there is a workaround using OSCAR for that when a person just has to have start times be perfectly accurate.

A huge plus in the addition of the for Her auto adjusting algorithm to the machine menu.
So you get 3 modes of operation on the AutoSet and don't have to buy a separate model machine to get that extra for Her mode.
With the AirSense 11 AutoSet you get 3 modes
1...cpap fixed mode
2...regular auto adjusting mode
3...and the for her auto adjusting mode.

Not everyone will need or want that extra mode but it might come in handy for someone.

For me there's nothing on the AirSense/AirCurve 11 models that would be a deal breaker for me and if I got a chance to get one at the right price...I wouldn't hesitate to get it.

Now some people like the latest and greatest of anything...and others prefer to wait and see if something is buggy or not.
I tend to be one of those people not afraid to try the latest and greatest and I don't worry about proven bugs or not. :lol:
So it kind of depends on how you feel about using something that is fairly new to the market.
The AirSense 11 models have been available for several months now...it's not like it was just released last week.
ResMed doesn't have the AirCurve 11 model line yet available but I would assume it to be reliable as well.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

Dog Slobber

Post by Dog Slobber » Mon Jul 25, 2022 2:59 pm

Pugsy wrote:
Mon Jul 25, 2022 2:44 pm
A huge plus in the addition of the for Her auto adjusting algorithm to the machine menu.
So you get 3 modes of operation on the AutoSet and don't have to buy a separate model machine to get that extra for Her mode.
1...cpap fixed mode
The inclusion of For Her Mode in the standard Air11 AutoSet is a *huge* disadvantage for Canadians living in Ontario.

With the Air10 the AutoSet for Her, was (incorrectly) as a CPAP device by the OHIP assisted device program. It is very difficult to get an APAP prescription in Ontario and this omission was the only legitimate way to get one, if one didn't qualify for APAP.

With the Air11 line no longer having a For Her model, that APAP loophole has been closed, and it will be tough for Ontarians to getting APAPs.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Mon Jul 25, 2022 3:03 pm

Dog Slobber wrote:
Mon Jul 25, 2022 2:59 pm
Pugsy wrote:
Mon Jul 25, 2022 2:44 pm
1...cpap fixed mode
The inclusion of For Her Mode in the standard Air11 AutoSet is a *huge* disadvantage for Canadians living in Ontario.

With the Air10 the AutoSet for Her, was (incorrectly) as a CPAP device by the OHIP assisted device program. It is very difficult to get an APAP prescription in Ontario and this omission was the only legitimate way to get one, if one didn't qualify for APAP.

With the Air11 line no longer having a For Her model, that APAP loophole has been closed, and it will be tough for Ontarians to getting APAPs.

I had forgotten about that little loophole that you Canadians had. Bummer...it does totally screw you guys.
I don't have anything in my little bag of tricks to fix that problem.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

onward60

Post by onward60 » Mon Jul 25, 2022 3:17 pm

There don't seem to be airsense 10 "for her" machines available. That's why I'm looking at the 11. If it has the "for her" integrated, that sounds good.

Can someone explain the difference between the different tubings?

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Mon Jul 25, 2022 3:22 pm

What different tubings?

The heated hose for each model is model specific...can't use the Airsense 10 Heated hose with the AirSense 11 machines.

But any non heated hoses are interchangeable between all the model lines.

Is that your question?

onward60

Post by onward60 » Mon Jul 25, 2022 3:23 pm

Also, my sister uses Lofta, but they are sold out of the airsense 11 autoset. Are there other reputable online sellers? I have never ordered this sort of thing online.

onward60

Post by onward60 » Mon Jul 25, 2022 3:25 pm

Pugsy wrote:
Mon Jul 25, 2022 3:22 pm
What different tubings?

The heated hose for each model is model specific...can't use the Airsense 10 Heated hose with the AirSense 11 machines.

But any non heated hoses are interchangeable between all the model lines.

Is that your question?
The site said SELECT TUBING. One was called slimline and the other climateline. Slimline cost more.

I found another site that said nothing about different tubings.

My sister is doing this for me. I am too tired to figure this out. She just wants to know what to buy in place of my "for her" that seems to be sold out everywhere. Then she is going to help me get a machine.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Mon Jul 25, 2022 3:39 pm

Slimline tubes/hoses are non heated hoses and the diameter is smaller than standard non heated hoses.
Generally they are also a little more flexible and don't weigh quite so much.

The ClimateLine is the name for the heated hose that is integrated with the machine.

So 3 choices...standard non heated...slimline non heated is smaller than standard but I forget exact measurements for standard...but the slimline is 15 mm I think.
And the ClimateLine heated hose which is also 15 mm I think.
When someone plugs in the ClimateLine hose the machine will automatically set the hose diameter setting it needs.
If you use a non heated hose you have to select the hose diameter manually.

cpap.com shows the AirSense 11 AutoSet currently available.
https://www.cpap.com/productpage/resmed ... 11-autoset

I am sure that other online sources will probably also have them but I don't follow the other sites much and have no past experience with them. I have bought machines from cpap.com who also pay the bills for us to have this forum.
Prices have sure gone up...sticker shock for sure.

onward60

Post by onward60 » Mon Jul 25, 2022 5:20 pm

Pugsy wrote:
Mon Jul 25, 2022 3:39 pm
Slimline tubes/hoses are non heated hoses and the diameter is smaller than standard non heated hoses.
Generally they are also a little more flexible and don't weigh quite so much.

The ClimateLine is the name for the heated hose that is integrated with the machine.

So 3 choices...standard non heated...slimline non heated is smaller than standard but I forget exact measurements for standard...but the slimline is 15 mm I think.
And the ClimateLine heated hose which is also 15 mm I think.
When someone plugs in the ClimateLine hose the machine will automatically set the hose diameter setting it needs.
If you use a non heated hose you have to select the hose diameter manually.

cpap.com shows the AirSense 11 AutoSet currently available.
https://www.cpap.com/productpage/resmed ... 11-autoset

I am sure that other online sources will probably also have them but I don't follow the other sites much and have no past experience with them. I have bought machines from cpap.com who also pay the bills for us to have this forum.
Prices have sure gone up...sticker shock for sure.
Sticker shock is right!!!

clownbell

Post by clownbell » Mon Jul 25, 2022 5:50 pm

@ Dog Slobber - I don't mean to hijack the thread but just have to ask - - - - Why would the medical system not want Canadians in Ontario to get APAP machines? I don't doubt what you say, just don't understand the why part.
ResMed AirSense 10 Autoset with built in humidifier
Resmed P10 pillow mask

Dog Slobber

Post by Dog Slobber » Tue Jul 26, 2022 7:10 am

clownbell wrote:
Mon Jul 25, 2022 5:50 pm
@ Dog Slobber - I don't mean to hijack the thread but just have to ask - - - - Why would the medical system not want Canadians in Ontario to get APAP machines? I don't doubt what you say, just don't understand the why part.
It's not about the medical system wanting CPAP over APAP, it's about cost.

CPAPs are (typically) cheaper than APAPs, and APAPs cheaper than BiLevel. The government subsidy program has have a pre-approved price for each class of device and one must meet specific criteria for each class of device.