First night on Resmed after 5.5 yrs on Dreamstation

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Thumper1947

First night on Resmed after 5.5 yrs on Dreamstation

Post by Thumper1947 » Fri Jul 09, 2021 1:40 pm

Last night was my first night on my new Resmed Airsense 10 after 5.5 yrs on the Dreamstation. Over the past year accordig to Oscar I had an average AHI of 1.32, more hypopnias than anything else. Not bad, but I had many, many RERA's, Flow Limitations, Both kinds of snores,variable and periodic breathing, and even some breathing not detected. I would rate my sleep as pretty good for about 4 hours, and then fair for the next 3. I have never had a chart on Oscar that looked so normal, like the one last night, and I felt like I got a really good nights sleep, along with the lowest AHI I have ever had. I have a few questions for you Resmed users if you could help.
1.when I set it up, I selected Auto for climate control with a level of 4. In the morning, my mouth and sinuses felt dry and the water tray was still about full, and I know the heating element works.I want to try it on manual, but the Climate control option is no longer on the menu. The only thing I can think of is to reset to factory defaults and start over. Any other ideas.
2. My phone works fine in my bedroom, but the CPAP machine shows barely one bar and will not transmit data to the My Air Map.The manual says other options are,card to cloud data, or SD card to Rescan.
There are no instructions and I don't know how to doe either one.Apparently, no WiFi or Bluetooth capability.
3. What is the difference between pressure and mask pressure. Pressure I can understand, but does Mask Pressure serve a useful purpose? It just seems to follow the pressure.
That's it. I like the machine, and for me, I had a great nights sleep and better numbers than I have ever had. Thanks if anyone has anything to add.
Thumper
Attachments
1st night Resmed.png
1st night Resmed.png (124.75 KiB) Viewed 1021 times
Mask: Dreamware FF
Machine: Resmed Autosense 10 APAP

palerider

Re: First night on Resmed after 5.5 yrs on Dreamstation

Post by palerider » Fri Jul 09, 2021 2:22 pm

You included a bunch of charts that aren't requested in the standard chart organization and didn't include some we like to see, http://cpaptalk.com/wiki/index.php/Oscar:organize so it's harder to see, but the machine is being prevented from being able to adequately treat you by the max pressure you've got set.

Set maxps to 20, and let the machine do it's job.

Re do your chart as show in the tutorial above. and let us see tomorrow's data.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Fri Jul 09, 2021 3:15 pm

You have to go to the clinical setup menu area to get to where you can change humidity (Climate Control) off of "auto" to "manual".

Also make sure that any "patient locks" are all off....If they are on they are denying you access to setting changes that would otherwise be available outside the clinical setup menu.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

Thumper1947

Post by Thumper1947 » Fri Jul 09, 2021 3:51 pm

Pugsy,
Thanks. That's the problem, the Climate Control prompt is no longer there. The only thing I can do is change the level. Climate control was available during setup and I selected Auto, but now the prompt for Climate Control is missing.
Thumper

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Fri Jul 09, 2021 4:00 pm

It's gotta be there somewhere. I have gone back and forth between auto and manual on my machine several times.
Let me go look to see if I can spot something that is preventing you from getting it back.
I know it can be done without a total reset of the machine back to factory defaults....I have done it several times.
Are you sure you are in the clinical setup menu area???? Same place where you can set pressures???

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

Thumper1947

Post by Thumper1947 » Fri Jul 09, 2021 4:09 pm

Palerider,
My point in posting was not to try and get a better outcome. In my mind, I just hit a home run, and you're talking about changing my swing. This pressure range has proven over the years to give me the best outcome, a balance between comfort and efficacy. I was asking about 3 areas about equipment settings. As far as the chart goes, combining the Oscar information with the oximetry, pulse, and movement provides me with so much more useful information about my sleep, I am in a far better place than not using information available. To each his own. Again, I was trying to get some info about the machine. Take care.
Thumper

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Fri Jul 09, 2021 4:12 pm

Has your heated hose been plugged into the machine while you are looking for "climate control"???
If not, plug it in.
If it has...unplug it and plug it back in and make sure the machine recognizes it.

The heated hose MUST be plugged in to see the "Climate Control" setting choice and on my machine I don't even have to be in the clinical setup menu are to see it and change it but as soon as I unplug it....it goes away.

Thumper1947

Post by Thumper1947 » Fri Jul 09, 2021 4:13 pm

Pugsy,
Yes, I'm positive. I even followed and paused a step by step Resmed video on climate control and it just isn't there anymore. It was there when I set it up. Thanks.
Thumper

Thumper1947

Post by Thumper1947 » Fri Jul 09, 2021 4:34 pm

Pugsy,
Maybe this is the problem. I don’t have the heated hose, I have the slimline. I don’t see why that would prevent me from using Manual, but what else could it be.
Thumper

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Fri Jul 09, 2021 5:04 pm

Without the heated hose you are going to default to manual humidity and you won't see "climate control"....instead you should just see a humidity setting that is a number and you should be able to change the number by turning the round dial after you highlight the humidity number 4 that you see..

Go to where you see the humidity level of 4....punch the round button once...then you should see a circle pop up with it set to 4...
So turn the round knob....it will change...to the right it increases and to the left it decreases.

I don't know why you saw "climate control" "auto" without having a heated hose in the first place.

palerider

Post by palerider » Fri Jul 09, 2021 5:15 pm

Thumper1947 wrote:
Fri Jul 09, 2021 4:09 pm
Palerider,
My point in posting was not to try and get a better outcome. I
Well if you're happy and don't want to improve,keeping in mind that settings are different between different types of machinesz then carry on.

"Mask pressure" is the *measured* pressure, "pressure" is the *intended* pressure.

For your purposes, just look at pressure. Mask pressure is only helpful if you're examining individual breaths, or have horrible leaks.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

Thumper1947

Post by Thumper1947 » Fri Jul 09, 2021 5:52 pm

Pugsy and pale rider,
That makes sense, thanks. I liked the Dreamstation, but so far I’m really liking the new machine. I slept really well last night, much better than I had been sleeping recently. I’ve never had a night free of all those other things that don’t count towards the AHI.Hope it keeps up. Thanks to both of you for the help.
Thumper

zonker

Post by zonker » Fri Jul 09, 2021 6:51 pm

Thumper1947 wrote:
Fri Jul 09, 2021 5:52 pm
Pugsy and pale rider,
That makes sense, thanks. I liked the Dreamstation, but so far I’m really liking the new machine. I slept really well last night, much better than I had been sleeping recently. I’ve never had a night free of all those other things that don’t count towards the AHI.Hope it keeps up. Thanks to both of you for the help.
Thumper
now, here's the odd thing. and i think it once again highlights how individually we react to cpap.

my experience is just the opposite of what you have experienced. i'm actually getting higher ahi on the resmed than on the resperonics.

not terribly high, but high enough to make me wonder.

i'll be interested as we move on how other folks do with the switch.
people say i'm self absorbed.
but that's enough about them.
Oscar-Win
https://www.apneaboard.com/OSCAR/OSCAR-1.5.1-Win64.exe
Oscar-Mac
https://www.apneaboard.com/OSCAR/OSCAR-1.5.1.dmg

Woody

Post by Woody » Sat Jul 10, 2021 8:13 am

Well almost like you except it's my first night on Resmed after 4.5 on Dreamstation. Funny
in the last few months my Dreamstation auto had been reporting higher and higher AHI even
as the 95% pressure was maxing out at 18 sometimes 20. But when I tried an old S8 Autoser
vantage set for 12 to 16 it reported my 95% pressure was 13 and my AHI was 5.2 . Then to
sort of check this I hooked my S9 Elite a fixed presure machine set to 14 and my AHI was 2.07
one night then the next day it shows me wirh an AHI of only 2 But that included a 1 hr nap while
the AHI was only 1.5 . Makes me think perhaps my Dreamstation was defective.

Additional Comments: SleapyHead software

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Sat Jul 10, 2021 10:28 am

" . . . defective."
That's one possibility.
Resmed is number one; that leaves all the other numbers.