Help with settings for PR 960 bipap asv

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Nooblakahn

Help with settings for PR 960 bipap asv

Post by Nooblakahn » Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:13 am

Hey,

Recently purchased the machine in the subject line for a backup. Should receive today. From what I understand the pressures will be the same as my resmed s9 or s10 ASV machines. Only thing that I guess it's different is this one uses breaths per minute. I've no idea what to set that too. It's there any reports from my s9 and s10 that I can share for someone to look at to clue me in to what to use?

And if I understand correctly... The resmed algorithm just kinda senses when it needs to do breaths, but the resperonics needs to be told when to switch between inhale and exhale breaths?

Thanks all

“I wonder if I've been changed in the night. Let me think. Was I the same when I got up this morning? I almost think I can remember feeling a little different."
― Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Pugsy

Re: Help with settings for PR 960 bipap asv

Post by Pugsy » Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:40 am

Breaths per minute setting is an automatic setting determined by an average of breaths over a period of time when a person first starts the machine each night...on the ResMed machine. I forget how long it takes to get that average but it's just a few minutes. Then the algorithm kicks in when you don't breath often enough to meet what it thinks you need to breath to match what you did at the beginning of the night.
This happens every night...once you turn the machine off it totally forgets that average breath per minute it figured up.

If the Respironics machine doesn't have a setting where it can configure a similar automatic setting for breaths per minute I would go with a low normal setting maybe around 8 or 10. If you set it too high the machine will try to force you to breath faster than you might want.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

Nooblakahn

Re: Help with settings for PR 960 bipap asv

Post by Nooblakahn » Mon Feb 22, 2021 12:23 pm

Perfect. I know you told me that was the only setting that was different... But had no clue how it worked.

Thanks!

“I wonder if I've been changed in the night. Let me think. Was I the same when I got up this morning? I almost think I can remember feeling a little different."
― Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland