Have you had a COVID-19 Vaccine or have an appt?

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
JLROhio

Re: Have you had a COVID-19 Vaccine or have an appt?

Post by JLROhio » Tue Jan 19, 2021 10:58 am

palerider wrote:
Tue Jan 19, 2021 12:32 am

Will it make a difference if I get exposed to SARS-COV-2? I don't know... have I *BEEN* exposed and never had anything other than a low fever for a couple days? maybe, I don't know, haven't had a test.
Luckily for you...if you want to find out if you have been exposed to COVID-19 and subsequently made it through with flying colors and not realized it, the Red Cross offers free COVID-19 Antibody testing for blood donations!! :wink:

Just go https://www.redcrossblood.org/donate-bl ... sting.html to this link and sign up to donate blood. The Red Cross will test your blood and let you know if you have antibodies already in your body from prior exposure.

I don't know how this would affect those who also got the vaccine...maybe you could go in, a couple of weeks after your 2nd shot and see how your antibody numbers are doing...
* This is the internet - what I write will probably NOT come across as it would in person; where one can read a person's face.
My posts are sometimes tongue & cheek w/some snarky sarcasm mixed in.
I leave it up to you to figure it out!
:wink:

--

BlueDragon

Post by BlueDragon » Tue Jan 19, 2021 12:35 pm

I got my first shot this morning, of the Moderna vaccine.

OSCAR 1.5.1 is the latest release.
OSCAR Team
ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto, F&P Brevida.
FlashAir SD and FlashPap for data transfer.

Dog Slobber

Post by Dog Slobber » Tue Jan 19, 2021 1:40 pm

Reading this topic infuriates me, not at you guys, but ay how incompetent our Canadian government has been in contracting and rolling out COVID vaccines.

As demonstrated in this topic, many of you are now receiving or scheduled to receive your shots, we are MONTHS and MONTHS away.

Some comparisons:
  • USA has vaccinated ~4.5% of the population
    Canada has vaccinated ~1.5% of the population
  • US has used ~47% of its current supply, with no anticipation of interruption of the supply chain.
    Canada is on the verge of running out of current supply, Pfizer has announced an interruption in supply to Canada
  • Canada is now considering expanding the recommended waiting times for the second shot to 42 days. For Pfizer it's 21 days, for Moderna 28 days. This considerably drops the effectiveness of the shot and exposes the population to viral mutations and inadequate immunity.
Trudeau seriously dropped the ball.

ChicagoGranny

Post by ChicagoGranny » Tue Jan 19, 2021 1:51 pm

Oops
Last edited by ChicagoGranny on Tue Jan 19, 2021 1:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ChicagoGranny

Post by ChicagoGranny » Tue Jan 19, 2021 1:52 pm

Dog Slobber wrote:
Tue Jan 19, 2021 1:40 pm
exposes the population to viral mutations and inadequate immunity.
So sorry. Yeah, if the virus is not circulating, it's not mutating. When it's circulating, it's always mutating.
Dog Slobber wrote:
Canada is now considering expanding the recommended waiting times for the second shot to 42 days. For Pfizer it's 21 days, for Moderna 28 days. This considerably drops the effectiveness of the shot
Extending the time until the second dose leaves a person suboptimally protected for a longer period. :(

Do you have evidence that an extension reduces the effectiveness of the two doses? My information says the effectiveness after the second dose would be just as good if given up to a year after the first dose.

Dog Slobber

Post by Dog Slobber » Tue Jan 19, 2021 2:24 pm

ChicagoGranny wrote:
Tue Jan 19, 2021 1:52 pm
Dog Slobber wrote:
exposes the population to viral mutations and inadequate immunity.
So sorry. Yeah, if the virus is not circulating, it's not mutating. When it's circulating, it's always mutating.
Dog Slobber wrote:
Canada is now considering expanding the recommended waiting times for the second shot to 42 days. For Pfizer it's 21 days, for Moderna 28 days. This considerably drops the effectiveness of the shot
Extending the time until the second dose leaves a person suboptimally protected for a longer period. :(

Do you have evidence that an extension reduces the effectiveness of the two doses? My information says the effectiveness after the second dose would be just as good if given up to a year after the first dose.
Poor wording on my part, instead of saying "Drops the effectiveness....", I should have phrased it similar to how you did. "Leaves a person sub optimally protected....."

JLROhio

Post by JLROhio » Tue Jan 19, 2021 4:42 pm

Dog Slobber wrote:
Reading this topic infuriates me, not at you guys, but ay how incompetent our Canadian government has been in contracting and rolling out COVID vaccines.

As demonstrated in this topic, many of you are now receiving or scheduled to receive your shots, we are MONTHS and MONTHS away.

Some comparisons:
  • USA has vaccinated ~4.5% of the population
    Canada has vaccinated ~1.5% of the population
  • US has used ~47% of its current supply, with no anticipation of interruption of the supply chain.
    Canada is on the verge of running out of current supply, Pfizer has announced an interruption in supply to Canada
  • Canada is now considering expanding the recommended waiting times for the second shot to 42 days. For Pfizer it's 21 days, for Moderna 28 days. This considerably drops the effectiveness of the shot and exposes the population to viral mutations and inadequate immunity.
Trudeau seriously dropped the ball.
Oh, don't worry too much about the wait times, as it may only get worse...for both the US & Canada.

The head of the UN's World Health Organization yesterday said that it was not fair that western/rich countries were vaccinating their younger generations before less well-off countries were able to vaccinate their elderly populations.

https://news.un.org/en/story/2021/01/1082362

It seems that he believes, western countries should give up their vaccinations for the time being...until the world's most vulnerable populations are inoculated first.

One part of me says this is the right thing to do...the other part of me reminds me of the saying, "What is fair, is not always right. What is right, is not always fair."
* This is the internet - what I write will probably NOT come across as it would in person; where one can read a person's face.
My posts are sometimes tongue & cheek w/some snarky sarcasm mixed in.
I leave it up to you to figure it out!
:wink:

--

palerider

Post by palerider » Tue Jan 19, 2021 7:56 pm

ChicagoGranny wrote:
Tue Jan 19, 2021 10:48 am
palerider wrote:
Tue Jan 19, 2021 12:32 am
Will it make a difference if I get exposed to SARS-COV-2?
When are you getting vaccinated?
Beats me... I'm supposedly "on the list".
Have they told me WHEN? no.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Tue Jan 19, 2021 8:58 pm

The flight attendants direct us to take care of ourselves first,
so we can be able to help others.
As good and pure as sacrifice sounds, it may be a poor strategy.

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Wed Jan 20, 2021 10:57 pm

Got up early this morning--the online vaccine registration site opened at 8 am,
and the bullfrog got us both in under stage 1b, within the first 6 minutes.
45 minutes after 8, the site crashed.
No idea how long it took to get their wires uncrossed, but they finally got it running again.
Now we wait for the phone calls to get our appointments.
Looks like we are stuck answering every !@#$%& scam call that comes our way,
for a few days, at least.
Froggie can be exceedingly rude to the random phone grifter . . .
And she delights in how nasty she can get when it is excusable.

LSAT

Post by LSAT » Thu Jan 21, 2021 8:33 am

Boy, were we lucky. The state of Wisconsin will start immunizing age 65+ on Monday. Last night my wife and I were grocery shopping (We shop at 7PM to avoid crowds). We stopped at the store pharmacy and asked about appointments for next week. The pharmacist sad they had unexpectantly received some of the vaccine that afternoon. They were near closing but agreed to give my wife and I the Pfizer vaccine before they closed. He said that we would have priority when we needed the second shot in 3 weeks. This morning neither of us have any reaction except for a sore arm...just like Flue and Shingles shots.

Nick Danger

Post by Nick Danger » Thu Jan 21, 2021 9:55 am

I work in a university healthcare clinic - I will get my second dose in 1 week. My wife is over 65 and got her first dose this past Tuesday. It took some luck to get her in on Tuesday - hit the website the moment it opened for the week's appointments and selected one of the county's sites that is in a less populated area of the county. I'm Pfizer, she's Moderna. No side effects other than sore arms for a few hours - less soreness than the flu vaccine.

khauser

Post by khauser » Thu Jan 21, 2021 10:23 pm

This isn't exactly an OT thread folks...

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Fri Jan 22, 2021 2:26 pm

The political crap has been removed.

If you all want to go down the politics crap road...start your own OT topic/thread and duke it out...
but remember even OT threads are subject to all the same rules in the terms of agreement you all agreed to when you signed up here.
If any of you have forgotten...you might want to read them closely again.

And don't play the innocent with me. It won't fly. I know pure politics when I see it and it doesn't belong in this thread.

It makes me want to puke.

Better yet...go to a political forum of some sort.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

booksfan

Post by booksfan » Fri Jan 22, 2021 8:02 pm

Our state in its infinite wisdom has decided to disregard the updated CDC guidelines, so hubby and I are not yet eligible to sign up for the vaccine :x . When the local health dept FINALLY opened sign ups for only 65+ earlier this week, both phone lines and website crashed within minutes. And they were surprised. A friend of mine said no appts for MONTHS! However, my DIL's father was able to get a vaccine today by driving about 2 hours each way. He signed up on multiple sites (different hospital systems), which is actually being encouraged here, and got a call yesterday that a vaccine was available if he wanted to make the drive.

Mask: Bleep Eclipse/Halos
Machine: ResMed AirSense 11 AutoSet