Question for Simplus FFM users

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
RoboLobo

Question for Simplus FFM users

Post by RoboLobo » Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:35 pm

Hi everyone, long time no visit, hope you are all well and safe! So, I have been using the Simplus FFM for many years now, and overall it has worked the best of all FFMs I have tried. But occasionally, I receive cushions from my DME that don't fit quite right. How so, you ask? The cushion just clips ("easy clips", F&P calls it) semi-loosely onto the frame, it does not snap in or have any sort of locking mechanism. And occasionally, there is just too much play between the frame and the cushion where the open part of the frame fits over the air diffuser. And this is in turn causing the mask to leak somewhere around that location (and not anywhere the cushion is touching my face, especially since I use a mask liner as well). It seems to be a problem with the cushions I am receiving, because I have received other cushions that fit just fine (nice and tight). So I am just wondering if anyone has experienced this issue with the Simplus, and if they have found a workaround. Thx!

LSAT

Re: Question for Simplus FFM users

Post by LSAT » Sun Nov 22, 2020 4:13 pm

I really do not change my cushions that often. My current cushion is about 7 months old. I did, however, have a similar problem with my previous cushion. It did come open a few times, but I did not feel it was that serious. I still have it. When I do change cushions, I keep the previous cushion as a back up along with a new one. You might take a look at the Vitera. It is supposed to be an upgrade to the Simplus. I do have one and have used it for a while. I think I still prefer the Simplus.

RoboLobo

Post by RoboLobo » Sun Nov 22, 2020 4:25 pm

Thanks LSAT. I have been blessed with good insurance so I generally get all my CPAP parts on a set schedule (and pay for them of course). I will try your advice about keeping my (good) cushion(s) longer. I do believe they lose their shape after a while and *should* be replaced, but I am probably replacing them sooner than necessary. In the meantime I will bug my DME (Verus, formerly Sleepmed) and see if they will send me a replacement cushion. We'll see how much they appreciate my business. P.S. I also stuck a small strip of double stick tape between the frame and the cushion to eliminate the play, we'll see how that works just for fun.

LSAT

Post by LSAT » Sun Nov 22, 2020 5:04 pm

I'm on Medicare and can get a new cushion every month...but why? They last me a long time and I don't believe in abusing insurance. Our health care is in enough trouble.

babydinosnoreless

Post by babydinosnoreless » Sun Nov 22, 2020 5:53 pm

LSAT wrote:
Sun Nov 22, 2020 5:04 pm
I'm on Medicare and can get a new cushion every month...but why? They last me a long time and I don't believe in abusing insurance. Our health care is in enough trouble.
I had built up a stash of two of everything but when hubby got laid off and we went on cobra, I started letting them send me what they wanted thinking who knows when I'll have decent insurance again. I now believe I have a lifetime supply of everything but the filters, which is a good thing because yes the insurance I have now is crap !

RoboLobo

Post by RoboLobo » Mon Nov 23, 2020 9:39 am

Thanks again for all the good advice. Last night I went through my cushions and tossed the ones that don't fit properly. 2 out of 6 I think it was. A manufacturing defect as far as I can tell, I looked at the F&P Healthcare website with the idea of hooting at them, and I did not even see any contact info. Oh well!

LSAT

Post by LSAT » Mon Nov 23, 2020 11:14 am

RoboLobo wrote:
Mon Nov 23, 2020 9:39 am
Thanks again for all the good advice. Last night I went through my cushions and tossed the ones that don't fit properly. 2 out of 6 I think it was. A manufacturing defect as far as I can tell, I looked at the F&P Healthcare website with the idea of hooting at them, and I did not even see any contact info. Oh well!
https://www.fphcare.com/us/