Would like to buy a Cpap in ~2 weeks, Preference Resmed airsense 10

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
violentvix

Would like to buy a Cpap in ~2 weeks, Preference Resmed airsense 10

Post by violentvix » Fri Oct 30, 2020 7:19 am

Hello. Last year i had a resmed airsense 10 from a job but i was renting it so i had to give it back when i left. Long story short i was given the cpap and a test but i was never really given a paper or results from the watchpat used to diagnose my sleep apnea (ahi 9, 19 in rem). So i never really got a prescription and i cannot get one without going back to the job or taking a sleep study (1k-5k). I also called the job to see if they had my old results but they deleted them i guess?

I was wondering if anyone was selling one in around 2 weeks and if i could arrange something and what would be your requirements and price etc.

For me i am mostly just looking for the resmed airsense 10 with heated tube since it is the one im most familiar with. I think it would even be fine to just get the machine as i know you can separately buy other parts from amazon. Thanks a bunch!

ChicagoGranny

Re: Would like to buy a Cpap in ~2 weeks, Preference Resmed airsense 10

Post by ChicagoGranny » Fri Oct 30, 2020 11:02 am

violentvix wrote:
Fri Oct 30, 2020 7:19 am
resmed airsense 10
- No!
ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet
- Yes!

violentvix

Post by violentvix » Fri Oct 30, 2020 11:45 am

Yes you are right I apologize. I didnt think they had any other version that is naive of me. Also another note I would definitely prefer PayPal as method of use, I think it is the safest bet. But yes the auto set one!

Dog Slobber

Post by Dog Slobber » Fri Oct 30, 2020 11:46 am

ChicagoGranny wrote:
Fri Oct 30, 2020 11:02 am
violentvix wrote:
resmed airsense 10
- No!
- Yes!
or
ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet for Her
- Yes, even if you're a non-Her!

Dog Slobber

Post by Dog Slobber » Fri Oct 30, 2020 11:48 am

violentvix wrote:

I was wondering if anyone was selling one in around 2 weeks and if i could arrange something and what would be your requirements and price etc.

A member named LSAT is always selling low hour ResMed AutoSets. He has an excellent reputation, shoot him a PM.

violentvix

Post by violentvix » Fri Oct 30, 2020 11:51 am

Dog Slobber wrote:
Fri Oct 30, 2020 11:46 am
ChicagoGranny wrote:
violentvix wrote:
resmed airsense 10
- No!
- Yes!
or
Thank you for the recommendation. I am a her but I didn’t know if there was a difference between them. I will probably end up buying the cheaper one overall not gonna lie lol. I will search the forum for the difference between them within the next day or so just out of curiosity though

violentvix

Post by violentvix » Fri Oct 30, 2020 11:52 am

Dog Slobber wrote:
Fri Oct 30, 2020 11:48 am
violentvix wrote:

A member named LSAT is always selling low hour ResMed AutoSets. He has an excellent reputation, shoot him a PM.

Ok will do thank you.

Dog Slobber

Post by Dog Slobber » Fri Oct 30, 2020 11:56 am

violentvix wrote:
Fri Oct 30, 2020 11:51 am
Dog Slobber wrote:
Fri Oct 30, 2020 11:46 am
ChicagoGranny wrote:
violentvix wrote:
resmed airsense 10
- No!
- Yes!
or
Thank you for the recommendation. I am a her but I didn’t know if there was a difference between them. I will probably end up buying the cheaper one overall not gonna lie lol. I will search the forum for the difference between them within the next day or so just out of curiosity though
There are three differences between the two two models:
  1. The for Her model is beige with a vine pattern on it.
  2. The for Her model has an extra, optional mode especially designed for the female breathing pattern.
  3. Chicks dig guys who use the for Her model. They also might dig other chicks who use the for Her model, but I have no direct experience to draw from.

nanwilson

Post by nanwilson » Fri Oct 30, 2020 1:26 pm

Definitely pm LSAT, he sold me one in May, hardly had any use...... basically new. He has a connection that allows him to sell "barely"
used machines at a fantastic price. Yes he does use paypal to answer you question. I am extremely happy with my "new" Resmed autoset and would recommend him to anyone!!!

Cheers
Nan
Started cpap in 2010.. still at it with great results.

Okie bipap

Post by Okie bipap » Fri Oct 30, 2020 2:54 pm

Check your local Craig's List and Facebook Marketplace. People sell machines on those sites quite often.

Growing old is mandatory, but growing up is optional.

violentvix

Post by violentvix » Fri Oct 30, 2020 3:59 pm

Okie bipap wrote:
Fri Oct 30, 2020 2:54 pm
Check your local Craig's List and Facebook Marketplace. People sell machines on those sites quite often.
I’m kind of afraid to buy from Craigslist but I was looking at Facebook market place. I feel the Facebook has less anonymity and I think you can review people so I will also be checking there. I just wanted to keep my options open for the best opportunity and you guys seem really knowledgeable and trustworthy so I wanted to try here too :)

I feel like the machines only do one thing so it’s hard to sell something broken and get ripped off on Facebook or Craigslist but I feel like somehow it can still happen lol.

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Fri Oct 30, 2020 5:18 pm

violentvix wrote:
Fri Oct 30, 2020 11:45 am
Yes you are right I apologize. I didnt think they had any other version that is naive of me. Also another note I would definitely prefer PayPal as method of use, I think it is the safest bet. But yes the auto set one!
Consumer ignorance is like currency to the unscrupulous.

Dog Slobber

Post by Dog Slobber » Fri Oct 30, 2020 5:21 pm

I've bought a few machines of public buy/sell sites. Things to watch out for:
  • High hour machines, many sellers don't know how to properly check run hours and sometime confuse run hours with usage hours over a smaller time period.
  • Misrepresenting machines, many sellers don't even know the actual model number of the machine.
  • Do not buy a machine from a smoking household. The smell will get into the machine and may have trouble tolerating it. Smell the machine with it running and not running before buying it.
By the way, all the above issues are non-issues when buying from LSAT.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Fri Oct 30, 2020 6:26 pm

I have bought several machines from LSAT. 2 or 3 for my own personal use and at least 3 for other people that I end up shipping around the world. I totally trust him. His prices are very fair and the machines are always as presented.
Send him a note and ask him what he has now or will be getting in the future and how much you can comfortably afford to spend.

As for the ResMed AirSense AutoSet for Her model...yes it is nice to have that extra mode available for sure but it's not the end of the world if you don't and money is extremely tight. There is usually a higher demand for that model (it's in short supply on the used market) and it will drive the price up a bit.
There are some situations where that extra mode isn't the right choice for some people. Unfortunately we don't have any way to know what you need or don't need or what would be the best way for you to go right now. A lot depends on just how much pressure you end up needing to hold your airway open.

Here's a combination clinical/provider manual that explains the various features. Hold on to it as it also explains how to get to the secret menu where you can change your own settings.
https://www.respshop.com/manuals/ResMed ... %20her.pdf

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

violentvix

Post by violentvix » Sat Oct 31, 2020 4:01 am

Dog Slobber wrote:
Fri Oct 30, 2020 5:21 pm
I've bought a few machines of public buy/sell sites. Things to watch out for:
  • High hour machines, many sellers don't know how to properly check run hours and sometime confuse run hours with usage hours over a smaller time period.
  • Misrepresenting machines, many sellers don't even know the actual model number of the machine.
  • Do not buy a machine from a smoking household. The smell will get into the machine and may have trouble tolerating it. Smell the machine with it running and not running before buying it.
By the way, all the above issues are non-issues when buying from LSAT.
Yes I have contacted them successfully. Also thanks a ton for that info!! I NEVER thought about the smoking aspect.