Happy Sleep Apnea Awareness Day!

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
-SWS

Post by -SWS » Fri Mar 09, 2007 7:15 pm

LDuyer wrote:-SWS,

You are my hero!

Now, did you manage to get someone to take a photo of you on one of your rounds?? Huh, huh, huh? ... Inquiring minds.

Linda
LOL! Hey, Linda! With spring right around the corner I was wondering just where those yellow peeps might be. No pictures unfortunately. But I was out there alright. And it felt pretty darn empowering! In a very good way.

I'm glad you showed up, Linda. Why don't you ask Ed and Mike if they wouldn't mind making some easy-to-print literature available on the ASAA's web site. I went there to evaluate literature that I might hand out on Sleep Apnea Awareness Day. I just wasn't sure what was copyright protected.

I personally thought it was such a great idea of SleepGuy to make Dr. Standage's article and the Berlin questionnaire readily available on the Pur-Sleep web site. My heartfelt thanks to Dr. Standage for writing his "Sleeping With the Enemy" article to be freely distributed, and also my sincere thanks to SleepGuy for making both documents readily available in PDF format.

I bet that if the ASAA and the NSF had easy-to-print literature readily available on their web sites that volunteers such as myself would distribute those documents from time to time---especially on Sleep Apnea Awareness Day.

You know what they say about web pages with links to literature that we patients are allowed to hand out:
BUILD IT AND THEY WILL COME!

kavanaugh1950

Post by kavanaugh1950 » Sat Mar 10, 2007 12:07 am

sws, i am so proud of you! that was great. p.s. your avatar says location-what is your location just for curiosity sake? pat

blarg

Post by blarg » Sat Mar 10, 2007 12:51 am

-SWS wrote:BUILD IT AND THEY WILL COME!
But I don't know anyone that knows how to make a website.

<.<
>.>

Ok, fine, let me get done with MaskTrade first though.
I'm a programmer Jim, not a doctor!

-SWS

Post by -SWS » Sat Mar 10, 2007 9:49 pm

blarg wrote:
-SWS wrote:BUILD IT AND THEY WILL COME!
But I don't know anyone that knows how to make a website.
LOL! I love it! Blarg, you're turning my own tongue-in-cheek words/attitude on me, aren't you? Beautiful!!
blarg wrote:Ok, fine, let me get done with MaskTrade first though.
As if you hadn't already impressed the heck out of me and so many others here from day one. Some of our very best contributors are young contributors. I can't tell you how absolutely great the continuity of spirit and even keen intellect across the generations feels to me. You are one of my contributing heroes, Blarg. College Girl is too, by the way.

-SWS

Post by -SWS » Sat Mar 10, 2007 10:05 pm

kavanaugh1950 wrote:sws, i am so proud of you! that was great. p.s. your avatar says location-what is your location just for curiosity sake? pat
Hey, Pat- Chicago metro area here. I went to a couple large and overly busy medical complexes in two different communities. I was on a mission to drop my "apnea information bombs"---my "payload" if you may---where I might get the biggest return for my efforts, as a determined "fighter" of sleep apnea that is.

Despite some of those medical offices being incredibly busy, they were very kind and even receptive to my efforts. That in and of itself says a lot in my opinion. Those medical offices were generally receptive to the information, with nothing more than a courteous smile, sincerity, and respect on my part.