I'm Back!

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Georgio

I'm Back!

Post by Georgio » Fri Jul 17, 2020 9:41 am

Hello Everyone,

It has been awhile, I have been pretty successful for the past 12 years on my CPAP. Over the past week I started having some headaches, bodyaches, lightheaded ness, and weakness in arms! It took about 3 days for me to realize I am having reoccurring sleep apnea. : ( It has been a long time since my initial research here that taught me to manage my apnea. I have forgotten a lot and having difficulty reading my overnight data. I switched to my identical backup, M-Series machine on the same settings last night. Been replacing parts on my Swift Lt mask. It looks like I have a leak problem? I may need to switch out the whole body of my mask, it is probably a few years old. I'm had some sinus drips (not covid I was tested) and some nasal head congestion and using Nelli Rinse for that. Any input on my overnight report will be much appreciated, not used to feeling like my butt is kicked! Report below.
Attachments
SLEEP.jpg
SLEEP.jpg (475.25 KiB) Viewed 1031 times
Last edited by Georgio on Fri Jul 17, 2020 11:03 am, edited 2 times in total.
M-Series W/Aflex, Swift LT, Encoreviewer

Pugsy

Re: I'm Back!

Post by Pugsy » Fri Jul 17, 2020 9:45 am

Ooops...don't see a report attached.

If you did the attachment thing and it didn't work...the image file might be too large.
Often people use png files which are big...try jpg which are smaller.
File size limit is 1 MB I think.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

zonker

Post by zonker » Fri Jul 17, 2020 11:20 am

Pugsy wrote:
Fri Jul 17, 2020 9:45 am
Ooops...don't see a report attached.

If you did the attachment thing and it didn't work...the image file might be too large.
Often people use png files which are big...try jpg which are smaller.
File size limit is 1 MB I think.
i see it. and it's not too large.

however, it isn't oscar. i guess it's that resmed software??

anyway, to the op: sorry, i don't have enough knowledge to help!

ETA: can you see it now?

SLEEP.jpg
people say i'm self absorbed.
but that's enough about them.
Oscar-Win
https://www.apneaboard.com/OSCAR/OSCAR-1.5.1-Win64.exe
Oscar-Mac
https://www.apneaboard.com/OSCAR/OSCAR-1.5.1.dmg

Julie

Post by Julie » Fri Jul 17, 2020 3:07 pm

Sorry to be asking, but... when were you been tested for Covid... you are in Florida and the symptoms sound likely.
Last edited by Julie on Fri Jul 17, 2020 3:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

shragae

Post by shragae » Fri Jul 17, 2020 3:15 pm

He said he was tested for COVID and it was negative. Still there are many false reports, especially before you are symptomatic. The symptoms do sound like COVID (I'm in Florida, too).

jimbud

Post by jimbud » Fri Jul 17, 2020 3:54 pm

Have you had blood work done lately.
Those symptoms are similar to:

Hyponatremia signs and symptoms may include:

Nausea and vomiting
Headache
Confusion
Loss of energy, drowsiness and fatigue
Restlessness and irritability
Muscle weakness, spasms or cramps

Low sodium got me a few years ago.
Trip to Hospital for a few days.

Do not mess around, get checked out.

Good luck.

JPB

Georgio

Post by Georgio » Fri Jul 17, 2020 5:50 pm

Thanks for your input. Yes this is a covid hot spot and I am as carefull as possible but you cant eliminate all risk. My test was about a week and a half ago negative and I will probably try and get tested at least monthly. If my symptoms worsen I would be right over there. I don't know what Covid feels like and at 69 don't want to. I recall the apnea symptoms well from a few years ago so I think that's what is going on. My current theory is sinus congestion is hampering my machine's theropy because I wake in the night and have difficulty inhaling through my nose. Mouth has some unusual dryness. Taking Sudafed tonight to combat nasal conjestion and ordered a new Swift Lt overnight today. Meanwhile I'm trying to interprete my overnight report.. I think the leak rate is high but that may be because my sinus too clogged for machine to combat. AHI is a couple points higher than I had. I do get yearly physical and labs.

Julie

Post by Julie » Fri Jul 17, 2020 6:14 pm

Please don't wait another 3 wks for restesting... please.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Fri Jul 17, 2020 6:20 pm

Your leak rate is fine. You had one very brief period of large leak and that's it. Leaks aren't your problem unless they are waking you up.

I think you need a minimum pressure adjustment upwards.
Looks like the minimum pressure is 7 cm...if you can handle 9 cm minimum...give it a try. If that's a bit much in the comfort department try 8 for a few nights and then move up to 9.
The FLs, snores, OAs and hyponeas are pointing to the airway either trying to collapse or fully collapsing and there enough happening there to seriously impact your sleep quality and cause a lot of wake ups that you may or may not remember.

While your AHI isn't horrible...you have a lot of snores and Flow Limitations which aren't part of the AHI but they are indications the airway is closing at least partially. Might not be enough to earn an OA or hyponea flag but sure enough to mess with your sleep.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

Georgio

Post by Georgio » Fri Jul 17, 2020 6:39 pm

Thank you that is helpful. Airway restriction sounds like good possibility, I wake at night with machine ramped up blowing like crazy I drop my mask and have difficulty inhaling through nose. I have nasal interface and mouth is trained to stay shut...I think. Taking sudafed before bed and some tape on mouth. Then look at bumping numbers. Looking into getting another Covid test in the AM just in case and it's the socially responsible thing.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Fri Jul 17, 2020 6:41 pm

Be careful with Sudafed especially at bedtime. It can really mess with your sleep quality....make it hard to go to sleep or stay asleep or get back to sleep if you wake up. If I took it at bedtime I wouldn't be falling asleep until about 6 AM. It's well known to mess with sleep.

Georgio

Post by Georgio » Sun Jul 19, 2020 11:27 am

Thank you all for valued advice. Saturday morning I decided I definitely had a sinus infection. I first went to get Covid tested then went to MD and got antibiotics. MD examined up nose and said sinuses are inflamed. I think that may be the source of my problem. Treating that. Covid results take 7-10 days. Sad, but I feel like I will be fine. Will update after recovered. And thanks again for being there and caring! I believe CPAPTALK is what kept me alive after being diagnosed with sleep apnea.