finally a solution to my drawn out sinus prob & update :

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
woozle

finally a solution to my drawn out sinus prob & update :

Post by woozle » Tue Mar 06, 2007 4:08 pm

Just wanted to let people know that after almost a year on cpap - I have FINALLY resolved my sinus issues - I have had MAJOR sinus issues/infections since starting cpap april of 06. My favorite mask was swift - but I have found after twelve different masks that I cannot use pillows at all - I had sinus/deviated septum/turbinate redcution in november and that REALLY helped but I still had severe headaches and sinus problems - only thing that came close to helping was prednisone - but that is a short term solution

so - I asked to go to an allergist - no one recommended it which bothers me - but anyway - come to find out I am allergic to cats - now it ALL makes since - we got cats in 05 and that is when I started having problems and gained weight and apneas got REALLY bad - so after seeing different doctors this year, ent, allergist, etc, etc. -(I swear I have been to a dr of some type EVERY week since Janaury) I am starting allergy shots, we moved our cats to the basement and did as much environmental stuff we could to clean the house, got a leather couch for me to sit on due to tiny allergens from cats in house/couches, etc, and taking zyrtec and I feel better this last week than I have the entire year - no more headache and no more sinus probs - I still can't use the swift - but can use the flexi fit 407 which I cut at the top of the silicone so it won't cut into the bridge of my nose - so after a very, very long year - things are finally working out and I can get the sleep I need AND not be in pain the next day - new concept for me

also went to a new sleep doc and based on that I also lost 20 lbs. and got sinus surgery - I am getting a new sleep study and may be down to mild/moderate level of apneas and will then research dental appliances

anyway - being persistent pays off - I had to be a very aggressive advocate for myself to have the dr's listen up and help me figure out the problem
so keep trying if you are discouraged and good luck

Post by Guest » Tue Mar 06, 2007 4:30 pm

I was having the same sinus problems and it helped alot to cut down
the heat on my heater, i had it on 7 now on 2.

fwiw
bill

kteague

Finally!

Post by kteague » Tue Mar 06, 2007 10:08 pm

So glad to hear you've finally gotten answers and are feeling better. Please let us know how that next sleep study goes after all you've done to make things better.
Kathy

ZZZzzz

Post by ZZZzzz » Wed Mar 07, 2007 8:25 am

**Bingo**

Good for you.
In my research last month, I also learned from my allergist and another ENT doctor:

"Make sure you keep any allergies and acid reflex problems in check.
These conditions make nasal and throat tissues swollen and contribute to your Sleep Apnea."

My allergist thought that my allergies was the biggest factor working against me.
Drat. He also advised against surgery. (For me.)

-Bev
Today I bent the truth to be kind, and I have no regrets; for I am far surer of what is kind, than I am of what is true.