OT: GERD, Famotidine and loose stools...

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
nicholasjh1

Re: OT: GERD, Famotidine and loose stools...

Post by nicholasjh1 » Fri May 15, 2020 2:37 pm

DreamDiver wrote:
Fri May 15, 2020 11:58 am
nicholasjh1 wrote:
Fri May 15, 2020 11:16 am
Been dealing with loose stools for years. I now take a shake in the morning that has me completely solid every day. 1 scoop of seed fiber from garden of eden, 2 tablespoons of chocolate "nibs" (not the sweet chocolates but basically cracked chocolate beans), 1 table spoon non-alkalized chocolate powder, half a frozen beet. 1 tumeric root, about 20 pepper corns, a scoop of "golden milk". The pepper corns in particular slow digestion, fiber makes it regular, powdered and nib chocolate calms inflamtion. not sure the tumeric does anything for it, I'm just taking that for other reasons.
It sounds like a savory chai! Is it tasty?
Are you adding water, almond milk or soy milk?

I'm guessing:
whole uncracked pepper corns
a scoop of fiber (psyllium husk?) is about 1 tablespoon
a scoop of golden milk is half a cup

Turmeric is another anti-flammatory. I think that's available at our local grocery.
I'll check it out.

Chris
I use water and a veggie based protein powder that has only 2 carbs. Milk or almond milk would probably be great with it. biggest taste that some might not like is the beet- But frozen banana etc would probably be fine. I just like beets, I buy them bulk and roast them then freeze. Adding something frozen helps everything blend smooth. The seed fiber is actually a mix, it does include some psyillium, but also flax and other seed as well as ceylon cinnamon. I'm sure psyillium would be fine. but between the beats and seed mix my fiber has increased quite a bit (though likely only to the recommended amount I think that a lot of people don't get enough fiber). The biggest differentiators that helped my stool though when I added them (or ran out) were the pure chocolate nibs (which have a lot of fiber themselves and slowly digest throughout the day releasing antioxidents throughout the day) and the pepper. Also yes whole peppercorns.
Instead of Sleep apnea it should be called "Sleep deprivation, starving of oxygen, being poisoned by high CO2 levels, damaging the body and brain while it's supposed to be healing so that you constantly get worse and can never get healthy Apnea"

Joe Snooze

Post by Joe Snooze » Sat May 16, 2020 10:03 pm

I take protonix for GERD. I also have a hiatal hernia. Eating smaller meals and avoiding food at bedtime helps.

There is a product called Gaviscon that help. The one sold here in the US drugstores is just an antacid. The one you want has sodium alginate and coats your esophagus. It really helps a lot.
You can get the right one from that alphabet company that delivers 3verything.

https://www.amazon.com/Gaviscon-Advance ... e35d7258cc

DreamDiver

Post by DreamDiver » Sun May 17, 2020 5:56 am

Joe Snooze wrote:
Sat May 16, 2020 10:03 pm
I take protonix for GERD. I also have a hiatal hernia. Eating smaller meals and avoiding food at bedtime helps.

There is a product called Gaviscon that help. The one sold here in the US drugstores is just an antacid. The one you want has sodium alginate and coats your esophagus. It really helps a lot.
You can get the right one from that alphabet company that delivers 3verything.

https://www.amazon.com/Gaviscon-Advance ... 004M9MCAG/
Thanks for your reply! Hiatal hernia is going to be the main topic at doc visit up-coming. That Gaviscon Advance must be magical stuff at $26 for 8 ounces!

Chris

Most members of this forum are wonderful.
However, if you are the target of bullying on this forum, please consider these excellent alternative forums:
Apnea Board
Sleep Apnea Talk Forum
Free CPAP Advice

Be well,
Chris