New user - Steep learning curve

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Deborah K.

Re: New user - Steep learning curve

Post by Deborah K. » Wed May 13, 2020 8:23 pm

Miss Emerita wrote:
Tue May 05, 2020 3:35 pm
AussieBob, no one is quite sure what VS2 measures, if anything, so pay attention just to VS. The experts often advise people just to turn VS2 off and avoid visual clutter.
Miss E, How does one turn off VS2? I'd like to get rid of it too.
Machine: Resmed AirSense 10 Autoset For Her
Mask: Bleep Dreamport mask system

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Wed May 13, 2020 8:31 pm

Deborah K. wrote:
Wed May 13, 2020 8:23 pm
How does one turn off VS2? I'd like to get rid of it too.

Go to Preferences/ Events tab...remove check mark for VS2 snores...click okay.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

Deborah K.

Post by Deborah K. » Wed May 13, 2020 9:17 pm

Pugsy wrote:
Wed May 13, 2020 8:31 pm
Deborah K. wrote:

Thanks Pugsy. I did that. But when I clicked out of Oscar and came back, nothing had changed; VS2 is still there. Might I disappear on my next night of sleep?

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Wed May 13, 2020 9:23 pm

Deborah K. wrote:
Wed May 13, 2020 9:17 pm
Pugsy wrote:
Deborah K. wrote:

Thanks Pugsy. I did that. But when I clicked out of Oscar and came back, nothing had changed; VS2 is still there. Might I disappear on my next night of sleep?
Hmmm... I just tested it before I typed it. Tested it on a DreamStation report from data someone sent me since I don't have a Respironics machine.
When I removed the check mark for VS2...the VS2 stuff went away...when I put the check mark back again ...the VS2 flags came back again. So it worked on my OSCAR and I have no idea why it won't work for you. Sorry.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

Deborah K.

Post by Deborah K. » Wed May 13, 2020 9:26 pm

Pugsy wrote:
Wed May 13, 2020 9:23 pm
Deborah K. wrote:
Wed May 13, 2020 9:17 pm
Pugsy wrote:
Deborah K. wrote:

Hmmm... I just tested it before I typed it. Tested it on a DreamStation report from data someone sent me since I don't have a Respironics machine.
When I removed the check mark for VS2...the VS2 stuff went away...when I put the check mark back again ...the VS2 flags came back again. So it worked on my OSCAR and I have no idea why it won't work for you. Sorry.
Thanks for trying. I'll try some more tomorrow.

AussieBob

Post by AussieBob » Tue May 19, 2020 4:09 am

DreamDiver wrote:
Tue May 05, 2020 12:29 pm
If you've been comfortable, not getting any aerophagia, minimal CA's, why not try moving your minimum pressure up plus 1cm? Then show us a couple nights' graphs?
Still going strong and no symptoms of aerophagia. Exercising every couple of days now because I have the energy which seems to be improving my sleep even more. Starting to realize how bad things had got with my focus, patience and lack of motivation.

Had a couple of 'rough' nights (I say rough but I know that in the grand scheme, I am having a very cruisy time) but found that even those nights, I took the mask off and went back to sleep, only to wake an hour or two later and put it back on. Cannot believe the bloody great success that I am having.

Last 3 nights charts below -
16520.PNG
16520.PNG (375.53 KiB) Viewed 665 times
17520.PNG
17520.PNG (350.27 KiB) Viewed 665 times
18520.PNG
18520.PNG (356.14 KiB) Viewed 665 times

DreamDiver

Post by DreamDiver » Tue May 19, 2020 6:25 am

AussieBob wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 4:09 am
Still going strong and no symptoms of aerophagia. Exercising every couple of days now because I have the energy which seems to be improving my sleep even more. Starting to realize how bad things had got with my focus, patience and lack of motivation.

Had a couple of 'rough' nights (I say rough but I know that in the grand scheme, I am having a very cruisy time) but found that even those nights, I took the mask off and went back to sleep, only to wake an hour or two later and put it back on. Cannot believe the bloody great success that I am having.

Last 3 nights charts below -

16520.PNG
17520.PNG
18520.PNG
So fantastic! A couple options, since you're getting close. You could carry on with your current settings to see how they pan out, or maybe up your minimum pressure 0.5 cm to see if you can get rid of those snores.

I'm curious about what changed in your normal habits for such excellent results on the 18th, given that machine settings remain the same. Good work!

Chris

Most members of this forum are wonderful.
However, if you are the target of bullying on this forum, please consider these excellent alternative forums:
Apnea Board
Sleep Apnea Talk Forum
Free CPAP Advice

Be well,
Chris

AussieBob

Post by AussieBob » Tue May 19, 2020 4:53 pm

Cheers Chris. Will bump it a little and see what happens.
I have no idea what was different on the 18th. I know I did a bit more exercise than normal on that day so when I went to sleep, I passed straight out. Wouldn't have thought it would make that much of a difference but will certainly try doing it again over the next few days to see if it was the cause or coincidence.

AussieBob

Post by AussieBob » Wed May 27, 2020 3:51 am

Funny thing - exercise is definitely a factor. On the days I put in maximum effort (bad Deadpool reference) I am seeing lower API numbers. Bumping it to 12 minimum certainly made a difference also.

Exercised for an hour Thursday
210520.PNG
210520.PNG (368.61 KiB) Viewed 619 times
Same again Friday
220520.PNG
220520.PNG (462.17 KiB) Viewed 619 times
Took a day off on Saturday
230520.PNG
230520.PNG (362.36 KiB) Viewed 619 times
Last night was AHI of 0.98 - worked out for 1/2 hour.

Still feeling comfortable with 12 set to minimum. Tempted to go a little higher next week when I am working from home again to see if I can get the numbers consistent.

DreamDiver

Post by DreamDiver » Wed May 27, 2020 10:39 am

AussieBob wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 3:51 am
Funny thing - exercise is definitely a factor. On the days I put in maximum effort (bad Deadpool reference) I am seeing lower API numbers. Bumping it to 12 minimum certainly made a difference also.

Still feeling comfortable with 12 set to minimum. Tempted to go a little higher next week when I am working from home again to see if I can get the numbers consistent.
Yep, exercise seems to be a factor with me too. It looks like you're well on your way! You seem close to dialed in. Once again, you're in the zone where you could try half-centimeter changes if you like. Here's to getting even lower AHI!

Chris

Most members of this forum are wonderful.
However, if you are the target of bullying on this forum, please consider these excellent alternative forums:
Apnea Board
Sleep Apnea Talk Forum
Free CPAP Advice

Be well,
Chris

zonker

Post by zonker » Wed May 27, 2020 10:43 am

AussieBob wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 3:51 am
for me as well. and it doesn't even have to be anything other than mild. or at least, that's the case for me.
people say i'm self absorbed.
but that's enough about them.
Oscar-Win
https://www.apneaboard.com/OSCAR/OSCAR-1.5.1-Win64.exe
Oscar-Mac
https://www.apneaboard.com/OSCAR/OSCAR-1.5.1.dmg