OSCAR v1.1.0 is now Released!!

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
palerider

Re: OSCAR v1.1.0 is now Released!!

Post by palerider » Sat May 02, 2020 1:08 pm

Neither Oscar, not sleepyhead has ever been able to import data from a smart card, like the M series used. Something else is going on.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

unidee

Post by unidee » Sat May 02, 2020 1:42 pm

I think that Oscar 1.1.0 is big improvement. And it doesn't stop. There are new features which are coming to users in future!

ronragus

Post by ronragus » Sat May 02, 2020 3:33 pm

Hi,

I see that under the "preferences" section of SH, theres an option to ignore short sessions under certain duration. it seems this function is lost in OSCAR? thanks

ClayL
Location: Palisade, CO now, was Full time in a motor home for 12 years- Anywhere USA

Post by ClayL » Sun May 03, 2020 6:56 am

palerider wrote:
Sat May 02, 2020 1:08 pm
Neither Oscar, not sleepyhead has ever been able to import data from a smart card, like the M series used. Something else is going on.
Sleepyhead could read and import data from a smart card. A specific reader was required (DT3500). Card reader services had to be turned on in the computer also. There were a lot of posts concerning how to get it to work at the time.
Respironics DreamStation
Pressure = 11.5 min 14.5 max
C-Flex = 1

Dreamwear FF

ClayL
Location: Palisade, CO now, was Full time in a motor home for 12 years- Anywhere USA

Post by ClayL » Sun May 03, 2020 7:03 am

Pugsy wrote:
Sat May 02, 2020 12:54 pm
BlueDragon wrote:
Sat May 02, 2020 12:31 pm
What is the model number of the Respironics M series machine so I can check to see that we have tested OSCAR with that model?
M Series machines all use the smart card for data storage and they also require the Infineer DT 3500 for the card reading and install to the software on the computer. No other way to do it to my knowledge and I don't think SleepyHead was ever compatible with any machine (ResMed S8 and older also used the smart card technology) that used smart cards.

If OSCAR continually asks for something to help it with the M series stuff it may be that what it needs isn't available but it still wants to look.

Did you all ever use Smart Cards for data???
Yes I did. The early Sleepyhead versions did not support smart cards but later versions did. I imported data from my M series cpap to Sleepyhead for several years.
Respironics DreamStation
C-Flex = 1

Dreamwear FF

DreamDiver

Post by DreamDiver » Sun May 03, 2020 8:17 am

ClayL wrote:
Sun May 03, 2020 6:56 am
palerider wrote:
Sleepyhead could read and import data from a smart card. A specific reader was required (DT3500). Card reader services had to be turned on in the computer also. There were a lot of posts concerning how to get it to work at the time.
I still have my DT3500 somewhere. I agree. I was able to import my data into sleepyhead long ago from the smart-card reader. It was a bear, but it did work.

Chris

Most members of this forum are wonderful.
However, if you are the target of bullying on this forum, please consider these excellent alternative forums:
Apnea Board
Sleep Apnea Talk Forum
Free CPAP Advice

Be well,
Chris

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Sun May 03, 2020 8:25 am

Well....I stand corrected then. I guess there was a version of SleepyHead that would work with the Smart Cards.
I don't remember it ever being discussed or even seeing a report but then sometimes I don't remember a lot of things. :lol:
The machines using smart cards were discontinued in terms of production in 2009 and 2010. The data they did gather was limited when compared to the data now available.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

ClayL

Post by ClayL » Sun May 03, 2020 9:14 am

Pugsy wrote:
Sun May 03, 2020 8:25 am
Well....I stand corrected then. I guess there was a version of SleepyHead that would work with the Smart Cards.
I don't remember it ever being discussed or even seeing a report but then sometimes I don't remember a lot of things. :lol:
The machines using smart cards were discontinued in terms of production in 2009 and 2010. The data they did gather was limited when compared to the data now available.
It was a while back for sure - 2007 or so? I don't remember exactly. :)
Respironics DreamStation
C-Flex = 1

Dreamwear FF

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Sun May 03, 2020 9:31 am

ClayL wrote:
Sun May 03, 2020 9:14 am
It was a while back for sure - 2007 or so? I don't remember exactly.
2011 maybe when SleepyHead was first developed. It wasn't 2010 that I know for sure.
I started therapy in 2009 with a M series machine and there was no SleepyHead then for sure....not in 2010 either. I am certain of that.
Mark started SH so he could see his data on his System One machine without having to mess with Encore which is a bitch to install and use.
I think he maybe started in early 2011 and once he had the first version the then added ResMed S9 data capabilities.
He must have added M series data to a later version but I don't know when it was.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

palerider

Post by palerider » Sun May 03, 2020 4:02 pm

ClayL wrote:
Sun May 03, 2020 6:56 am
palerider wrote:
No, sleepyhead could *NOT* read data from the smart card, the only software that could read that data was Encore.

You weren't on the sleepyhead development team, I was.

There's even a post around here somewhere where Mark talks about how he couldn't do anything with the smart card data.

Support for them wouldn't have been dropped, if it'd ever been in there.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

JDS74

Post by JDS74 » Thu May 07, 2020 6:46 am

Doesn't work well for me. The data reported is wildly different from Encore. Submitted files to the developers.
I'm glad it does work for most folks.

Oracle 452 Lessons Learned Updated
DSX900 AutoSV with HC150 extra humidifier and Hibernite heated hose
Settings: EPAP Min-10.0, EPAP Max-17, PS Min-3, PS Max-10, Max Pressure-20, Rate-Auto, Biflex-1.
Sleepyhead and Encore Pro 2.21.

palerider

Post by palerider » Thu May 07, 2020 7:05 am

JDS74 wrote:
Thu May 07, 2020 6:46 am
Doesn't work well for me. The data reported is wildly different from Encore. Submitted files to the developers.
I'm glad it does work for most folks.
Thank you for submitting supporting data, we can't fix the problems unless we can see them. :)
and by "we" I mean the great team, that I'm mostly on the sidelines of, these days, certainly not one of the great coders that's contributing so much goodness to the project.

BlueDragon

Post by BlueDragon » Sat May 09, 2020 1:01 am

ClayL wrote:
Wed Apr 29, 2020 12:01 pm
Since I updated to the latest version two days ago, when Oscar first comes up a box wanting to update the data base comes up. After I click OK then another box just like the one before comes up. After I click it Oscar opens up properly. This occurs every I time open Oscar.
We have found two situations that can cause this. In both cases, OSCAR is updating the database but not changing the database version number to show it was updated. Both situations will be fixed in version 1.1.1.

OSCAR 1.5.1 is the latest release.
OSCAR Team
ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto, F&P Brevida.
FlashAir SD and FlashPap for data transfer.

ClayL

Post by ClayL » Sat May 09, 2020 7:35 am

Thanks. Not hard to click the two boxes. :)
Respironics DreamStation
C-Flex = 1

Dreamwear FF

Paul_H

Post by Paul_H » Sun May 10, 2020 8:21 pm

Thanks to the developers of Oscar, and previous to that, Sleepyhead. These programs have been and are a wonderful tool to monitor my sleep apnea status. As a Mac user, I appreciate the Mac version having been updated at the same time.

Kudos to you all.

- Paul