Leaky amara view mask are you

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Forman

Leaky amara view mask are you

Post by Forman » Fri Feb 21, 2020 7:14 am

hi there seems to be a leak from between the frame and mask. If the mask is angled slightly the wrong way this air blows up into my eyes. Has anyone had this problem. When I go back to the hospital the nurse says it’s all about fitting it properly this is not the case here. The air is blowing from between the frame and the mask at the top front. Please if anyone can help.

upforsleep

Re: Leaky amara view mask are you

Post by upforsleep » Fri Feb 21, 2020 8:16 am

The Amara View mask snaps into the frame and should not leak. Reinstall your mask into the frame until you are sure it's in as far as it will go. If it leaks, then the frame is warped and needs replaced. You can get the frames and mask on Amazon without a RX.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Fri Feb 21, 2020 8:19 am

Where are you located?
What size cushion are you using?

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

hueyville

Post by hueyville » Fri Feb 21, 2020 3:51 pm

My Amery mask leaks but have a full beard in winter then shave in warmer weather. DME rep and doctor both told me leaks are better than no leaks as may increase tension on headgear to reduce leaks and do damage to face. My leak percentage is high with the beard and drops a lot when it is shaved off. Unless leaks are annoying you or causing your AHI to increase would not overly worry.
For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine, but according to their own desires, because they have itching ears, they will heap up for themselves teachers; and they will turn their ears away from the truth