My sleep Dr. Dropped me

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
bluper@cableone.net

My sleep Dr. Dropped me

Post by bluper@cableone.net » Mon Feb 17, 2020 1:02 pm

Hi all. I just need to vent. I just went to my appt. at my sleep clinic and was told the Dr. won't see me anymore because I don't appreciate him. They didn't even call me to save me the trip. Last visit my husband and I asked if the Dr. should be monitoring my treatment. Every time I go in, he just briefly looks at my file and says, "All is good, see you in 6 months.". In the 2 years I have been going there, he has not changed anything. You all told me how to make adjustments for better results. I'm doing much better now, thanks to all of you. My Dr. did nothing but collect my money and insurance . There is not another sleep Dr. Within 200 miles of my home, so now I'm on my own. My Medicare just told me they can't pay for my supplies unless I get another prescription from another Dr. I guess Amazon is my new supplier. Can I buy a backup machine without a prescription? My 2 year old Dreamstation is telling me I snore constantly. I wear a tight chin strap and my husband says I don't snore so I think my cpap is sick.
Bluper

dreamingofdreaming

Re: My sleep Dr. Dropped me

Post by dreamingofdreaming » Mon Feb 17, 2020 1:17 pm

Can ask your primary care doctor for a prescription? That is where I got my prescription from.

Wulfman...

Post by Wulfman... » Mon Feb 17, 2020 1:18 pm

bluper@cableone.net wrote:
Mon Feb 17, 2020 1:02 pm
Hi all. I just need to vent. I just went to my appt. at my sleep clinic and was told the Dr. won't see me anymore because I don't appreciate him. They didn't even call me to save me the trip. Last visit my husband and I asked if the Dr. should be monitoring my treatment. Every time I go in, he just briefly looks at my file and says, "All is good, see you in 6 months.". In the 2 years I have been going there, he has not changed anything. You all told me how to make adjustments for better results. I'm doing much better now, thanks to all of you. My Dr. did nothing but collect my money and insurance . There is not another sleep Dr. Within 200 miles of my home, so now I'm on my own. My Medicare just told me they can't pay for my supplies unless I get another prescription from another Dr. I guess Amazon is my new supplier. Can I buy a backup machine without a prescription? My 2 year old Dreamstation is telling me I snore constantly. I wear a tight chin strap and my husband says I don't snore so I think my cpap is sick.
Do you currently have a copy of your prescription? If not, be sure to get one that is non-expiring. You're entitled to it.
But, many of us have purchased equipment without prescriptions. Other than my original machine and mask (which my insurance provider reimbursed me for), I've purchased all of my equipment and supplies without insurance paying for them.
CPAP.COM has a copy of my prescription and over the years, I've purchased most of my equipment and supplies from them.
Even after going on Medicare seven years ago, I have not asked them to pay for any of my CPAP equipment or supplies. I've purchased virtually all of my equipment and supplies out-of-pocket.
Machines and masks can be purchased from individuals without a prescription. Mask kits and mask parts can be purchased without a prescription. The only time you need a prescription is for a machine or complete mask from an online seller or DME provider.

Many ways to get around the prescription requirements. And, there are other types of "doctors" who can write prescriptions.......including dentists, family doctors, etc.

Den

(5) REMstar Autos w/C-Flex & (6) REMstar Pro 2 CPAPs w/C-Flex - Pressure Setting = 14 cm.
"Passover" Humidification - ResMed Ultra Mirage FF - Encore Pro w/Card Reader & MyEncore software - Chiroflow pillow
User since 05/14/05

bluper@cableone.net

Post by bluper@cableone.net » Mon Feb 17, 2020 1:40 pm

Clinic won't give me a prescription. Today's visit was to get a new one.
Bluper

Wulfman...

Post by Wulfman... » Mon Feb 17, 2020 2:17 pm

Mon Feb 17, 2020 1:40 pm
Clinic won't give me a prescription. Today's visit was to get a new one.
They HAVE to. It's no different than a prescription for eye glasses. You have a right to have it and your medical records under the HIPAA Law/Rules.

Den

(5) REMstar Autos w/C-Flex & (6) REMstar Pro 2 CPAPs w/C-Flex - Pressure Setting = 14 cm.
"Passover" Humidification - ResMed Ultra Mirage FF - Encore Pro w/Card Reader & MyEncore software - Chiroflow pillow
User since 05/14/05

zonker

Post by zonker » Mon Feb 17, 2020 2:25 pm

can you say "God Complex"? this doctor is quite the delicate flower, isn't he? good job you have us to go to. :lol:

when looking for a backup machine, the only choice you may have is "peer to peer"; that is, buying from a regular person.

forum member lsat has gently used machines from time to time. i would suggest you PM him to see what he has. others here can verify his trustworthiness.

good luck!
people say i'm self absorbed.
but that's enough about them.
Oscar-Win
https://www.apneaboard.com/OSCAR/OSCAR-1.5.1-Win64.exe
Oscar-Mac
https://www.apneaboard.com/OSCAR/OSCAR-1.5.1.dmg

palerider

Post by palerider » Mon Feb 17, 2020 2:50 pm

Hi all. I just need to vent. I just went to my appt. at my sleep clinic and was told the Dr. won't see me anymore because I don't appreciate him. They didn't even call me to save me the trip. Last visit my husband and I asked if the Dr. should be monitoring my treatment. Every time I go in, he just briefly looks at my file and says, "All is good, see you in 6 months.". In the 2 years I have been going there, he has not changed anything.
Frankly, you're better off.
I guess Amazon is my new supplier.
Only replacing things when you *need* to, you'll likely save a chunk of change.
Can I buy a backup machine without a prescription? My 2 year old Dreamstation is telling me I snore constantly. I wear a tight chin strap and my husband says I don't snore so I think my cpap is sick.
Unlikely, "snoring" is a fluctuation in the airflow.
If the machine says you're snoring, you're almost certainly snoring, whether your husband can hear it or not.

Raise the pressure a little more

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

ChicagoGranny

Post by ChicagoGranny » Mon Feb 17, 2020 2:52 pm

There is not another sleep Dr. Within 200 miles of my home, so now I'm on my own.
My sleep doctor left town. My family doctor is happy to write prescriptions for me. He said, "I don't know much about it. Just tell me what to write on the script. I do this for other patients."

zonker wrote:
Mon Feb 17, 2020 2:25 pm
"God Complex"? this doctor is quite the delicate flower

D.H.

Post by D.H. » Mon Feb 17, 2020 4:41 pm

No other sleep Dr with 200 miles (322 km)?

There are seven sleep centers in your state. Three are in Albuquerque, two in Rio Rancho, and on in Santa Fe. I don't know where in the state you are or if any are the one who "threw you out." Also, some insurance will cover "remote visits,"
especially if you live in a remote area.

Try this link ===> http://sleepeducation.org/find-a-facility

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Mon Feb 17, 2020 10:26 pm

If your primary care doc will not write an Rx, ask your DENTIST.
If you have no dentist, you probably need one--yesterday.
Ask for the cpap prescription up front.

Wulfman...

Post by Wulfman... » Mon Feb 17, 2020 10:41 pm

https://www.cpap.com/cpap-faq/Prescriptions

One of the few exceptions to the link would be that a prescription is not required if you are purchasing from an individual.
The requirement for a prescription only applies to licensed sellers......like DMEs.

Den

User since 05/14/05

Okie bipap

Post by Okie bipap » Tue Feb 18, 2020 10:30 am

I recently got a new prescription for supplies. When you ask your PCP or dentist to write you a prescription, have them word it similar to this. This will cover any supplies you need on a recurring basis.

Mask of patient’s choice (HCPC A7030 or A7034)
Replacement cushion (HCPC A7031 or A7032 or A7033)
Head Gear (HCPC A7035)
Heated Humidifier (HCPC E0562)
Humidifier Chamber (HCPC A7046)
Heated Tubing (HPC A4604) or
Tubing (HPC A7037)
Chin Strap (HCPC A7037)
Filter (HCPC A7038) and supplies as needed

Length of Need: >99 months
Prognosis: Good

Growing old is mandatory, but growing up is optional.

babydinosnoreless

Post by babydinosnoreless » Tue Feb 18, 2020 11:08 am

This was on fb this morning.
8C274C7C-44CA-4C3A-ACA7-15F40F2AF756.jpeg

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Tue Feb 18, 2020 2:41 pm

babydinosnoreless wrote:
Tue Feb 18, 2020 11:08 am
This was on fb this morning. 8C274C7C-44CA-4C3A-ACA7-15F40F2AF756.jpeg
Not a viewable file.
Can you capture it for those of us who eschew fb?

ChicagoGranny

Post by ChicagoGranny » Tue Feb 18, 2020 2:49 pm

chunkyfrog wrote:
Tue Feb 18, 2020 2:41 pm
babydinosnoreless wrote:
Tue Feb 18, 2020 11:08 am
This was on fb this morning. 8C274C7C-44CA-4C3A-ACA7-15F40F2AF756.jpeg
Not a viewable file.
Can you capture it for those of us who eschew fb?
https://blog.easybreathe.com/free-cpap- ... auto-cpap/