AirSense 10 Autoset Oddities

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Suenyo

AirSense 10 Autoset Oddities

Post by Suenyo » Tue Jan 07, 2020 2:23 pm

Just bought a used Autoset which I dismantled to clean. Last night was my first night and I noticed that it doesn't shut completely off when I remove the mask. You can hear the fan running at a very low speed and just a bit of air coming out. Is this normal? I hit the power button and the machine restarted so I hit the power button again and it did shut off the fan, but the indicator light was blinking and it posted a leak notice to which I responded "Ok".

One, Is there a correct way to stop the machine?

Two, I wasn't sure I wanted to share my data so I put it on Airplane Mode, but it nags me to turn that off every time I start it up. Is there a way to not be nagged?

Third, are software updates possible with these machines?

Fourth, is there any way to install the "For Her" algorhythm on a black Autoset?
Life is a dream…if I'm wearing my Resmed AirTouch F20 cushion and my Autosense 10 Autoset isn't being hijacked by some dung-eating state security troll.

Pugsy

Re: AirSense 10 Autoset Oddities

Post by Pugsy » Tue Jan 07, 2020 2:30 pm

Suenyo wrote:
Tue Jan 07, 2020 2:23 pm
I noticed that it doesn't shut completely off when I remove the mask. You can hear the fan running at a very low speed and just a bit of air coming out. Is this normal?
This is a normal feature. It's called cool down mode and used to dry out the hose a bit. It will stop on its own after about 30 minutes or so.
Only way to turn it off otherwise...unplug it from the electric.
Suenyo wrote:
Fourth, is there any way to install the "For Her" algorhythm on a black Autoset?
No.
Suenyo wrote:
Not really unless ResMed forces one out via the cellular modem function which won't work if someone is using airplane mode.
I only know of it being done one time with the AirSense machine and that was to fix a software problem with the humidifier.
It was done years ago not long after the AirSense models were first released. Nothing since then.
Suenyo wrote:
Two, I wasn't sure I wanted to share my data so I put it on Airplane Mode, but it nags me to turn that off every time I start it up. Is there a way to not be nagged?
There is a way to permanently disable that feature....been discussed here in the past and there's a thread explaining how to do it but I don't have the link to that thread handy. It's unlikely anyone is even looking at the data anyway...they don't know it is you for one thing and the other is they stop monitoring any data from a machine that hasn't been used in a while anyway.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

zonker

Post by zonker » Tue Jan 07, 2020 2:30 pm

Suenyo wrote:
Just bought a used Autoset which I dismantled to clean. Last night was my first night and I noticed that it doesn't shut completely off when I remove the mask. You can hear the fan running at a very low speed and just a bit of air coming out. Is this normal? I hit the power button and the machine restarted so I hit the power button again and it did shut off the fan, but the indicator light was blinking and it posted a leak notice to which I responded "Ok".

i'll let others answer your next questions.

no there is no "correct" way to stop your machine. you have it set for autostart so it starts when you put on the mask and stops when you take off the mask. however, the "stops" part doesn't happen straight away. it slows down to a trickle then eventually stops. don't worry, no harm will come from it.

or if that annoys you, just push the stop button.

entirely up to you.

edit: :oops: i see pugsy has replied.
people say i'm self absorbed.
but that's enough about them.
Oscar-Win
https://www.apneaboard.com/OSCAR/OSCAR-1.5.1-Win64.exe
Oscar-Mac
https://www.apneaboard.com/OSCAR/OSCAR-1.5.1.dmg

Dog Slobber

Post by Dog Slobber » Tue Jan 07, 2020 2:36 pm

Suenyo wrote:
This is the proper behaviour for the machine.

It's "cooling down mode" you should see a little snowflake in the upper right corner, lasts about 20 minutes and is blowing humidity out of hose.

Press button on top, or just take mask off, SmartStart will turn it off (if activated). Some complain that SmartStart doesn't turn machine off reliably.

I use the top button.
There is a topic that describes how to semi-permantly disable the modem, involves taking it apart, which you're obviously comfortable with.

Who cares though, you bought it used. Any data is not associated with you anyway.
ResMed (AirSense 10) has a way of upgrading the firmware over-the-air. It's only been done once and that was a few years ago to address a bug that disabled the humidifier.

There is no documented, user supported firmware upgrade method.
No.

palerider

Post by palerider » Tue Jan 07, 2020 3:14 pm

Manuals... how do they work?

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

Jas_williams

Post by Jas_williams » Tue Jan 07, 2020 3:20 pm

This thread shows you how to unplug the modem.

viewtopic/t104578/Semipermanently-disab ... se-10.html

Suenyo

Post by Suenyo » Tue Jan 07, 2020 8:48 pm

Jas Williams,

Thank you so much! Great pictures and I know exactly the connector you describe. It is tricky, only two inches long and you have to hold both motherboard and SD card board upside down while manipulating the connector which does not plug in as one might assume. It rather snaps over the pins vertically. Your post also serves as a ResMed dissassembly guide!

by Jas_williams » Tue Jan 07, 2020 4:20 pm
This thread shows you how to unplug the modem.

viewtopic/t104578/Semipermanently-disab ... se-10.html
Life is a dream…if I'm wearing my Resmed AirTouch F20 cushion and my Autosense 10 Autoset isn't being hijacked by some dung-eating state security troll.

palerider

Post by palerider » Wed Jan 08, 2020 12:12 am

Suenyo wrote:
Honestly, who cares? All Resmed will do is use it to help make more effective cpaps in the future, the dirty bastards.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Wed Jan 08, 2020 12:50 am

Erecting a Faraday cage around your cpap might block the signals
without fooling around inside its guts.
I discovered that low-E windows block SiriusXM radio, and our home wi-fi.
Maybe a low-E pyramid . . . :mrgreen: