Two questions about Airsense 10

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
rufusmcd

Two questions about Airsense 10

Post by rufusmcd » Mon Dec 16, 2019 10:34 am

Hi, I have an Airsense 10 . My first question is I can not get it to stop leaking. I had some old equipment and a hose that had a hole in it but I taped it up. The first night after I taped it it showed that I did not have a leaking problem. After that it said it leaked. I was finally able to replace everything. So with all brand new equipment it still says I have a leak even though I can not feel or hear one. And according to my air the leak is as big as it was before I taped up the old hose with the hole in it. So how can I fix this or could the machine be wrong? I have adjusted the straps several times. I do have a beard but I have always had one and before I got the leak in the hose I did not have a major problem. Any thoughts? Also looking forward I will not have insurance the next time I need equipment. Is there a non heated hose that might be cheaper that will fit the Airsense 10? Or any other after market equipment that is cheaper? Thank you!

LSAT

Re: Two questions about Airsense 10

Post by LSAT » Mon Dec 16, 2019 11:00 am

Any non-heated hose will fit the Airsense 10 machine. Only heated hoses are unique to specific machines. Standard hoses are as cheap as $5 on ebay with free shipping. Most leaks come from the mask..not the machine or hose. You can check the seal around the humidifier tub..they do occasionally leak, but they are noisy.

Dog Slobber

Post by Dog Slobber » Mon Dec 16, 2019 11:08 am

This does not sound like the leak is coming from the Device or the tubing.

It sounds like it's coming from the mask seal or you're opening your mouth.

To help resolve:
  • list your mask
  • download OSCAR (see pinned topic)
  • post graphs
  • depending on graph data, consider changing mask types

palerider

Post by palerider » Mon Dec 16, 2019 2:05 pm

rufusmcd wrote:
Mon Dec 16, 2019 10:34 am
Hi, I have an Airsense 10 .
That is one of four different *machines*. wiki/index.php/CPAP_models WHICH?

That has nothing to do with leaks.

Buy a new hose, they're cheap on amazon/ebay.
rufusmcd wrote:

Any thoughts?
Since you haven't told us what kind of mask you have (and don't just say "resmed" or "Respironics") no, no thoughts.
rufusmcd wrote:
Also looking forward I will not have insurance the next time I need equipment.
Amazon/ebay

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

tedtomato

Post by tedtomato » Fri Dec 20, 2019 10:29 pm

rufusmcd wrote:
Hi, I have an Airsense 10 . My first question is I can not get it to stop leaking.
I am assuming you say it's leaking because the machine itself is reporting some leaks, as opposed to you hearing something?

If so, it most likely means your mask is moving/lifting when you sleep, and therefore air is leaking and treatment is not as effective as it should be.

It's very common for CPAP users to have leaks, and it's most of the time nothing to do with a faulty machine or equipment, but more about the mask not adjusted/fitted properly or not optimum for the patient (so another mask or type of mask is required).