Why all the hate?

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Nathansmith50

Why all the hate?

Post by Nathansmith50 » Sat Nov 16, 2019 4:21 am

Why do the people who want to spoof a sleep study get so much hate on here?

I found this site trying to spoof a sleep study so as not to show apnea because of a DOT exam. And before you people climb up my ass I have no trouble sleeping. I Never feel tired driving and I feel rested after I awake though I will admit to about 15 minutes of sluggishness at first. I get up twice every night to urinate. Why the hell should the DOT decide that my sleep is not adequate and I need to A. Spend money that I do not have on a machine that will lead to B. Wearing a machine that will actually prevent me from sleeping.(I am very sensitive to touch and awake immediately if someone touches me. I have tried sleeping with a sleep mask(on my eyes) and that is a definite no go.

Pugsy

Re: Why all the hate?

Post by Pugsy » Sat Nov 16, 2019 7:43 am

Why try to cheat on a sleep study if you are so damn sure you don't have a sleep apnea problem?

If you do have sleep apnea then you have to follow the laws set forth.....it's the law. Don't like the law then go find a job where that law doesn't play a factor.

Why the hate? Because we don't like being put in danger by anyone with any condition that could potentially cause an accident that can kill people when there is a fix for that condition available.
We don't have any patience for cheaters....be it drug tests or sleep tests or diabetes treatment or blood pressure issues. Cheaters are a potential threat to the public.

Grow up and quit your bitching. It's the law. Your employer expects you to follow all the laws. If you want to work for them...you play by their rules.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

Sheriff Buford

Post by Sheriff Buford » Sat Nov 16, 2019 8:08 am

I live in Texas.... the DOT requires a 30 day sleep report (OSCAR is adequate) signed by a doctor. Do that and you are good for a year. There....

Sheriff

Nathansmith50

Post by Nathansmith50 » Sat Nov 16, 2019 8:58 am

Facts of this “case”

1. I will not use a CPAP device. Full stop
2. I do not have any issue with restful sleep though the sleep study showed “apnea’s” and movement
3. I highly suspect a large part of the problem being the following
A. It is a human instinct to sleep lighter the first night or two that you are in a new place.
B. The bed in the sleep center(glorified hospital room) is not even in the same comfort universe as my bed at home.

I can’t do OSCAR see point number 1

xxxxx profanity removed by moderatorxxxx
I am not putting anyone in danger nor would I. I say again wether the machines think so or not I do not have a problem with restful sleep. And have never even felt drowsy while driving.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Sat Nov 16, 2019 9:08 am

It's the law....like it or leave it and find other employment that doesn't have that law.
Those are your choices. Cold hard fact of life.
Bitch and whine if you must but it doesn't change the cold hard facts of life.

If you got the diagnosis despite poor sleep quality in the sleep lab....you still got the diagnosis. If you had slept better it likely would be even worse. No one gives a rats ass if you don't think you have any issues.

Again...grow up.

You came to a cpap help forum....did you really think we would pat you on the back and tell you how sorry we feel for your all your perceived injustices?

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

jimbud

Post by jimbud » Sat Nov 16, 2019 9:31 am

Nathansmith50 wrote:
Sat Nov 16, 2019 8:58 am
Facts of this “case”

Why are you here.

Stir up the old folks?
Have a little fun?

We do CPAP.
You don't.

Figure out some other rant. (like maybe you won't wear depends)
And tell it to the "Depends Help Forum".

JPB

Dog Slobber

Post by Dog Slobber » Sat Nov 16, 2019 9:37 am

LSAT

Post by LSAT » Sat Nov 16, 2019 9:38 am

Nathansmith50 wrote:
Facts of this “case”

2. I do not have any issue with restful sleep though the sleep study showed “apnea’s” and movement
A. It is a human instinct to sleep lighter the first night or two that you are in a new place.
B. The bed in the sleep center(glorified hospital room) is not even in the same comfort universe as my bed at home.

I am not putting anyone in danger nor would I. I say again wether the machines think so or not I do not have a problem with restful sleep. And have never even felt drowsy while driving.
Why are you here wasting our time if you are not going to use a CPAP? This site is called CPAPTALK.

prodigyplace

Post by prodigyplace » Sat Nov 16, 2019 9:50 am

LSAT wrote:
Sat Nov 16, 2019 9:38 am
Nathansmith50 wrote:
Facts of this “case”

Why are you here wasting our time if you are not going to use a CPAP? This site is called CPAPTALK.
They misread and thought it was CRAPTalk. :roll:

Please visit our sponsor, CPAP.com at https://www.cpap.com/ for all your CPAP needs.

ChicagoGranny

Post by ChicagoGranny » Sat Nov 16, 2019 10:09 am

Nathansmith50 wrote:
the sleep study showed “apnea’s”
Get another career where you do not drive or operate machinery. Move to a place where you can walk or take public transportation everywhere you go.

D.H.

Post by D.H. » Sat Nov 16, 2019 10:11 am

Nathansmith50 wrote:
Sat Nov 16, 2019 4:21 am

I found this site trying to spoof a sleep study so as not to show apnea because of a DOT exam. And before you people climb up my ass I have no trouble sleeping. I Never feel tired driving and I feel rested after I awake though I will admit to about 15 minutes of sluggishness at first. I get up twice every night to urinate. Why the hell should the DOT decide that my sleep is not adequate and I need to A. Spend money that I do not have on a machine that will lead to B. Wearing a machine that will actually prevent me from sleeping.(I am very sensitive to touch and awake immediately if someone touches me. I have tried sleeping with a sleep mask(on my eyes) and that is a definite no go.
It was proved that two back-to-back railway accidents happened in the New Jersey and New York in the last decade. Also, the captain of the Exxon Valdez was exonerated due to undiagnosed Sleep Apnea. It is also believed that the Chernobyl nuclear disaster was - in part - caused by drowsy operators, perhaps due to sleep apnea.

palerider

Post by palerider » Sat Nov 16, 2019 10:40 am

Nathansmith50 wrote:
Sat Nov 16, 2019 4:21 am
Why should we encourage stupidity from a sociopath?

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

Dog Slobber

Post by Dog Slobber » Sat Nov 16, 2019 11:12 am

D.H. wrote:
Sat Nov 16, 2019 10:11 am

It was proved that two back-to-back railway accidents happened in the New Jersey and New York in the last decade. Also, the captain of the Exxon Valdez was exonerated due to undiagnosed Sleep Apnea. It is also believed that the Chernobyl nuclear disaster was - in part - caused by drowsy operators, perhaps due to sleep apnea.
The OP is full of crap and likely a troll.

But responding with crap of our own does not strengthen our position, in fact it often weakens it.

TropicalDiver

Post by TropicalDiver » Sat Nov 16, 2019 11:53 am

I appreciate the position the OP is in -- he is being told he has a medical issue that, if untreated, will prevent him from being able to continue his current occupation. And he doesn't believe the diagnosis so, to him, getting around this is no big deal. To everyone else, he is putting his own life at risk AND placing the safety of everyone who drives at risk as well. While the OP may be a troll, others may read this in the future.

Setting aside treatment and occupational choices for the moment, the OP feels he doesn't have apnea because: a) he doesn't feel tired during the day; b) the bed was uncomfortable; and c)he is a light sleeper the first few nights in a new place.

Daytime drowsiness is one indicator of possible apnea -- but it is possible to have apnea and feel like you are not drowsy during the day. And daytime drowsiness is not the only negative consequence of untreated apnea. There is an increased risk of heart attack and stroke. The DOT physical also screens for hypertension -- because of those same risks.

Now, the light sleeping thing. The test doesn't simply measure how many times you woke up. It measures instances where you paused breathing longer than normal (and where typical respiratory effort provided less tidal volume). In the lab, did you experience meaningful oxygen desating? If so, that has nothing to do with being uncomfortable or a light sleeper -- it means you have periodically stopped breathing. If you want proof, there is sleep lab in LA that another person posts about where they do an endoscope while you are asleep (you could even get color photos). Without seeing the lab results it impossible to be certain but I am at least 95% confident that the results are reasonable accurate (even in a new and uncomfortable bed). And light sleeping likely resulted in the test results showing less apnea than would show with normal sleep.

Now, the treatment thing. Let me use an analogy. In a standard urine test for your DOT, you test very positive for diabetes. You have no symptoms and you feel great. But you hate needles. Do you disregard the test results? Do you smuggle in urine for a restest? Or do you learn how to manage your disease (for the benefit of you, those who care about you, and the motoring public)?

In the case of apnea, it might require congnitive behavioral therapy. It might require exploring non-cpap options. In the end, if treatment fails, you will not hold a CDL. Just as with diabetes or hypertension.

Then there are the risks to you personally. If anyone ever learns of your efforts to spoof a test and you are in an accident with a serious injury: a) expect to be criminally charged; b) expect to be held liable for all damages; c) expect to have your CDL revoked. Oh, and the whole dementia (correlation studies at this point), stroke, diabetes thing...
Machine: Aircurve 10 Vauto (Prior S9 VPAP)
Mask: Quattro Air FFM and AirTouch F20 FFM

jimbud

Post by jimbud » Sat Nov 16, 2019 1:56 pm

Oh, come on now.
The poster comes on here and it's first post says:

by Nathansmith50 » Sat Nov 16, 2019 4:21 am

How does it know it is going to get hate.
It came on here to do it's troll thing.

It probably heard on some other social media source that this forum has a rep. for low tolerance.
Bunch of grumpy sleep deprived oldies that will rip you to shreds if you say the wrong thing. :evil:
Came on here to stir it up and get it's troll fix.

No longer than I have been on here I have seen this same formula used several times.

Maybe I'm wrong, but...

JPB