SUPOTTO-BELT CPAP BELT

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
NateS

SUPOTTO-BELT CPAP BELT

Post by NateS » Tue Aug 27, 2019 3:36 pm

Doing a search, it appears that no one has yet reviewed this alternative headgear for FFM users.

Since going back to the Phillips Dreamware Original as my best choice mask, I am back to the problem of the flimsy little backstrap repeatedly sliding up the back of my head during the night, which of course causes the cushion in front to slip slightly away from the bottom of my nose, reducing my therapy. Nothing I have tried so far to hold that backstrap in place has been effective, not even wrapping the backstrap in a thick tube of flannel material.

I have been jealous of the two strap designs of FFM masks because of the way they seem to enclose the round shape of the back of the head, locking themselves into place; and with the appearance of this item on the web I am even more jealous:

SUPOTTO-BELT CPAP BELT
https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01H6N2D58/ ... _lig_dp_it

the reason being that the material is described as sort of an open mesh with rubbery fibers tending to grip the hair on the back of the head. I don't see anyone here on cpaptalk who has tried and reported on this alternative yet. I have been in touch with the manufacturer in Japan, and they indicate that they are planning to come out with a nasal mask version but it sounds a little indefinite.

So I have two questions:

1) Has anyone come up with a similar (single or double) backstrap which is as wide as this and is made of non-slip materials like the Supotto?

2) Putting aside the better grip, has anyone with a nasal mask figured out a way to attach ANY two strap, head-enclosing designed "universal replacement" backstrap, probably intended for FFMs, instead to a nasal mask that has only one place to attach a backstrap? This is a very clever and creative group, so maybe someone has tried this and succeeded and can share their method.

Best wishes, Nate :D

Present Rx: EPAP: 8; IPAPlo:11; IPAPHi: 23; PSMin: 3; PSMax: 15
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it." —Groucho Marx

Thumper68

Re: SUPOTTO-BELT CPAP BELT

Post by Thumper68 » Tue Aug 27, 2019 7:35 pm

I don't have a 2 strap solution to share, but I have been using a resmed N30i single strap on my dreamwear nasal. It has moderately improved the slipping up on the back of the head. It also doesn't stretch out as quickly. I been using my current one for around 6 months and it is still "like" new condition.

D.H.

Post by D.H. » Tue Aug 27, 2019 8:17 pm

I'm going to try one.

babydinosnoreless

Post by babydinosnoreless » Tue Aug 27, 2019 8:36 pm

Someone a while back mentioned wrapping vet wrap around the headgear strap to keep it from slipping.

NateS

Post by NateS » Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:30 pm

Thumper68 wrote:
Tue Aug 27, 2019 7:35 pm
I don't have a 2 strap solution to share, but I have been using a resmed N30i single strap on my dreamwear nasal. It has moderately improved the slipping up on the back of the head. It also doesn't stretch out as quickly. I been using my current one for around 6 months and it is still "like" new condition.
Thanks for the tip as maybe an interim solution. Are you saying that it's "grippier" than the Dreamwear backstrap?
Or is it shaped differently?

Nate

Present Rx: EPAP: 8; IPAPlo:11; IPAPHi: 23; PSMin: 3; PSMax: 15
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it." —Groucho Marx

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Tue Aug 27, 2019 10:41 pm

A product sold by Michael's craft stores: "Aleene's Tack-it over and over" gives me an idea.
I am thinking of applying dots of the adhesive to the inside back strap of my P10 headgear.
Once dry, it is tacky without being messy; and is washable/reusable/brilliant.