Remstar Error Codes

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
timbalionguy

Re: Remstar Error Codes

Post by timbalionguy » Mon Oct 26, 2009 8:27 pm

Wow!! I wish the equipment I work with every day had diagnostics that comprehensive! One also gets a good feel for the electronic and software architecture of the machine from reading that list.

Clive

Post by Clive » Thu Dec 24, 2009 2:37 am

Hi, guys, I need some help. My remstar display this error code of E-83 ERR_PRESSURE_CIRCUIT_ERROR, what is this means? when I use it the minimum pressure set for 5, 6, and 7 cmH2O, it will display this error. But when I set the minimum pressure for 8 cmH2O, the remstar is ok,no problem at all. Do you guys have any idea about this?

Wulfman

Post by Wulfman » Thu Dec 24, 2009 3:56 pm

Clive wrote:Hi, guys, I need some help. My remstar display this error code of E-83 ERR_PRESSURE_CIRCUIT_ERROR, what is this means? when I use it the minimum pressure set for 5, 6, and 7 cmH2O, it will display this error. But when I set the minimum pressure for 8 cmH2O, the remstar is ok,no problem at all. Do you guys have any idea about this?
It depends on WHICH REMstar machine/model you have. Different models used different codes over the years. But, if it IS applicable to your machine (and it sounds like you may have a "Pressure-circuit-error"), then it is probably having issues with some of the sensors.
Did you, by any chance, get water inside it?
How long has it been this way?

If you can't get it to do what it's supposed to do, it probably needs to be fixed or replaced with a different one. Chances are, it's about 5 or more years old.

Den
(5) REMstar Autos w/C-Flex & (6) REMstar Pro 2 CPAPs w/C-Flex - Pressure Setting = 14 cm.
"Passover" Humidification - ResMed Ultra Mirage FF - Encore Pro w/Card Reader & MyEncore software - Chiroflow pillow
User since 05/14/05

Clive

Post by Clive » Sun Dec 27, 2009 8:28 pm

It depends on WHICH REMstar machine/model you have. Different models used different codes over the years. But, if it IS applicable to your machine (and it sounds like you may have a "Pressure-circuit-error"), then it is probably having issues with some of the sensors.

If you can't get it to do what it's supposed to do, it probably needs to be fixed or replaced with a different one. Chances are, it's about 5 or more years old.

Wulfman, thanks your information. Between, if let say there is any chance the water get inside it, the blower should have problem, but some how I find out, the blower still in good condition. May be like you mention, there is sensors problem, but how will the sensor problem relate to cause my remstar display error for pressure from 5cmH2o to 7cmH2o?In addition, I think it has been this way for one year. Do you have any idea, what is the exact problem of my remstar? Izzit possible because of my flow element problem or pressure tube too old already?

Thank you very much

Clive

Wulfman

Post by Wulfman » Sun Dec 27, 2009 8:46 pm

Clive wrote:It depends on WHICH REMstar machine/model you have. Different models used different codes over the years. But, if it IS applicable to your machine (and it sounds like you may have a "Pressure-circuit-error"), then it is probably having issues with some of the sensors.

Wulfman, thanks your information. Between, if let say there is any chance the water get inside it, the blower should have problem, but some how I find out, the blower still in good condition. May be like you mention, there is sensors problem, but how will the sensor problem relate to cause my remstar display error for pressure from 5cmH2o to 7cmH2o?In addition, I think it has been this way for one year. Do you have any idea, what is the exact problem of my remstar? Izzit possible because of my flow element problem or pressure tube too old already?

Thank you very much

Clive
No, I don't. I'm not a CPAP "mechanic" and am just grabbing at straws and relating from what problems others have had that I've read about on this forum.

If you'd like, you can go to this link and select "Look inside CPAPs" and select the one for "REMstar Auto w/C-Flex" if you want to see what the inside of yours MAY look like.

http://www.internetage.com/cpapinfo/

Den
(5) REMstar Autos w/C-Flex & (6) REMstar Pro 2 CPAPs w/C-Flex - Pressure Setting = 14 cm.
"Passover" Humidification - ResMed Ultra Mirage FF - Encore Pro w/Card Reader & MyEncore software - Chiroflow pillow
User since 05/14/05

ruthven78

Re: Error Codes

Post by ruthven78 » Thu Aug 26, 2010 11:17 am

Wulfman wrote:
RB wrote:Once again does anyone know where to find a complete listing of the error codes for the Remstar Auto? Not just one at a time but the complete list.

Thank you
Yeah.....they're in the "Service Manual" for the machines. The manuals are in .pdf format.

But.....just for YOU.....I've converted that section to text format and am posting the complete list for the Auto and Pro 2. Be sure to copy them to your computer so I don't have to do this AGAIN!

REMstar Auto & Pro 2 error codes:

Error Code - Description - Probable Cause - Corrective Action

E-0 NO_ERROR •Reserved •N/A
E-1 ERR_SOFTWARE •Reserved •Replace Main PCA
E-2 ERR_PROGRAM_CRC_FAILURE •Defective FLASH chip •Replace Main PCA
E-3 ERR_EXTERNAL_RAM_FAILURE •Defective RAM chip •Replace Main PCA
E-4 ERR_FIQ_STACK_OVERFLOW •Defective RAM chip •Replace Main PCA
E-5 ERR_FIQ_STACK_UNDERFLOW •Defective RAM chip •Replace Main PCA
E-6 ERR_NEST_STACK_OVERFLOW •Defective RAM chip •Replace Main PCA
E-7 ERR_NEST_STACK_UNDERFLOW •Defective RAM chip •Replace Main PCA
E-8 ERR_IRQ_STACK_OVERFLOW •Defective RAM chip •Replace Main PCA
E-9 ERR_IRQ_STACK_UNDERFLOW •Defective RAM chip •Replace Main PCA
E-10 ERR_TMR_STACK_OVERFLOW •Defective RAM chip •Replace Main PCA
E-11 ERR_TMR_STACK_UNDERFLOW •Defective RAM chip •Replace Main PCA
E-12 ERR_SVC_STACK_OVERFLOW •Defective RAM chip •Replace Main PCA
E-13 ERR_SVC_STACK_UNDERFLOW •Defective RAM chip •Replace Main PCA
E-14 ERR_THREAD_STACK_OVERFLOW •Defective RAM chip •Replace Main PCA
E-15 ERR_ARM_UNDEFINED_INSTRUCTION_EXCEPTION •Defective FLASH chip •Replace Main PCA
E-16 ERR_ARM_SWI_EXCEPTION •Defective FLASH chip •Replace Main PCA
E-17 ERR_ARM_PREFETCH_EXCEPTION •Defective FLASH chip •Replace Main PCA
E-18 ERR_ARM_ABORT_EXCEPTION •Defective RAM chip •Replace Main PCA
E-19 ERR_ARM_RESERVED_EXCEPTION •Defective FLASH chip •Defective microprocessor •Replace Main PCA •Replace Main PCA
E-20 ERR_AIC_DEFAULT_HANDLER •Defective FLASH chip •Replace Main PCA
E-21 ERR_AIC_SPURIOUS_HANDLER •Defective FLASH or RAM chip •Replace Main PCA
E-22 ERR_CAL_DATA_CRC_FAILURE •Improper calibration •Defective FLASH chip •Recalibrate •Replace Main PCA
E-23 ERR_INVALID_DRIFT_INDEX_AT_CAL •Improper calibration •Occluded or restricted pressure tube •Defective flow sensor •Recalibrate •Replace pressure tube •Replace Main PCA
E-24 ERR_UNRECOGNIZED_CAL_VERSION_BY_SW •Improper calibration •Defective FLASH chip •Recalibrate •Replace Main PCA
E-25 ERR_DRIFT_FLOW_TOO_HIGH •Occluded or restricted pressure tube •Defective flow sensor •Replace Flow Tube •Replace Main PCA
E-26 ERR_UI_DISPLAY_FAILURE •Defective LCD driver chip •Replace Main PCA
E-27 ERR_DRIFT_PRESSURE_TOO_HIGH •Occluded or restricted pressure tube •Defective pressure sensors •Replace pressure tubing •Replace Main PCA
E-28 ERR_CAL_DATA_BLANK •Improper calibration •Defective FLASH chip •Recalibrate •Replace Main PCA
E-29 ERR_DRIFT_SECONDARY_PRESSURE_TOO_HIGH •Occluded or restricted pressure tube •Defective pressure sensors •Replace pressure tubing •Replace Main PCA
E-30 ERR_INVALID_NVDATA_SCHEMA •Normal for first time power up •Defective EEPROM •Remove & restore power •Replace Main PCA
E-31 ERR_INVALID_NVDATA_LOCK •Defective EEPROM •Replace Main PCA
E-32 ERR_INVALID_NVDATA_CHECKSUM •Normal for first time power up •Defective EEPROM •Remove & restore power •Replace Main PCA
E-33 ERR_NVDATA_STORAGE_ERROR •Defective EEPROM •Replace Main PCA
E-34 ERR_NVDATA_QUEUE_FULL •Defective EEPROM •Replace Main PCA
E-35 ERR_NVDATA_READBACK_FAILURE •Defective EEPROM •Replace Main PCA
E-36 ERR_NVDATA_RANGE_FAILURE •Defective EEPROM •Replace Main PCA
E-37 ERR_CORRUPT_RTC_VALUE •Defective microprocessor •Replace Main PCA
E-38 ERR_RTC_NOT_TICKING •Defective microprocessor •Defective crystal •Replace Main PCA •Replace Main PCA
E-39 ERR_UI_QUEUE_FULL •Defective PCA •Replace Main PCA
E-40 ERR_INVALID_BIST_TEST_CALL •Invalid RASP command •Reissue RASP command
E-41 ERR_BIST_THREAD_LOCKED •Defective PCA •Replace Main PCA
E-42 ERR_ALARM_VOLTAGE_FAILURE •Defective power supply •Replace Main PCA
E-43 ERR_12VREF_FAILURE •Defective power supply •Replace Main PCA
E-44 ERR_5VREF_FAILURE •Defective power supply •Replace Main PCA
E-45 ERR_VBULK_FAILURE •Defective power supply •Replace Main PCA
E-46 ERR_NEG15VREF_FAILURE •Defective power supply •Replace Main PCA
E-47 ERR_FL12_SENSOR_RAILED •Occluded or restricted pressure tube •Defective flow sensor •Replace flow tube •Replace Main PCA
E-48 ERR_PV2_SENSOR_RAILED •Occluded or restricted pressure tube •Defective pressure sensor •Replace pressure tube •Replace Main PCA
E-49 ERR_FLASH_FAILURE •Defective FLASH chip •Replace Main PCA
E-50 ERR_UNRECOGNIZED_BOARD_REV •Needs new software •Defective PCA •Replace Main PCA •Replace Main PCA
E-51 ERR_MOTOR_FAILURE •Defective motor drive chip •Replace Main PCA
E-52 ERR_BLOWER_RPM_FAILED_TOLERANCE •Stalled or locked blower •Replace Blower •Replace Main PCA
E-53 ERR_BLOWER_OFF_CURRENT_HIGH •Stalled or locked motor •Defective motor drive chip •Replace Blower •Replace Main PCA
E-54 ERR_BLOWER_ON_CURRENT_HIGH •Stalled or locked motor •Defective motor drive chip •Replace Blower •Replace Main PCA
E-55 ERR_PRINTF_BUFFER_OVERFLOW •Defective PCA •Replace Main PCA
E-56 ERR_THERAPY_EVENT_QUEUE_FULL •Defective PCA •Replace Main PCA
E-57 ERR_KEYPAD_STUCK_KEY •Verify all keys protrude through top •Defective Keypad •Defective pad on PCA •Align keys with top •Replace Keypad •Replace Main PCA
E-58 ERR_UNUSED_58 •Reserved
E-59 ERR_UNUSED_59 •Reserved
E-60 ERR_UNUSED_60 •Reserved
E-61 ERR_UNUSED_61 •Reserved
E-62 ERR_UNUSED_62 •Reserved
E-63 ERR_WATCHDOG_FAILURE •Defective microprocessor •Replace Main PCA
E-64 ERR_UNEXPECTED_WATCHDOG •Defective FLASH chip •Defective RAM chip •Replace Main PCA •Replace Main PCA
E-65 ERR_UNUSED_65 •Reserved
E-66 ERR_RTOS_INIT_FAILURE •Defective PCA •Replace Main PCA
E-67 ERR_SERIAL_QUEUE_FULL •Defective PCA •Replace Main PCA
E-68 ERR_SNORE_SAMPLING_THREAD_LOCKED •Defective PCA •Replace Main PCA
E-69 ERR_MAIN_EXECUTION_THREAD_LOCKED •Defective PCA •Replace Main PCA
E-70 ERR_INTERNAL_RAM_FAILURE •Defective microprocessor •Replace Main PCA
E-71 ERR_EVENT_LOG_QUEUE_FULL •Defective PCA •Replace Main PCA
E-72 ERR_TREND_DIV_BY_ZERO •Defective RAM chip •Replace Main PCA
E-73 ERR_ROLLOVER_CASE •Defective RAM chip •Replace Main PCA
E-74 ERR_WRONG_DISPLAY_TYPE •Defective PCA •Replace Main PCA
E-75 ERR_ALARM_CAPACITOR_FAILURE •Defective PCA •Replace Main PCA
E-76 ERR_OVER_PRESSURE •Occluded or restricted tube •Defective PCA •Replace Pressure tubing •Replace Main PCA
E-77 ERR_UNDER_PRESSURE •Occluded or restricted tube •Defective PCA •Replace Pressure tubing •Replace Main PCA
E-78 ERR_OVER_PRESSURE_REG •Occluded or restricted tube •Defective PCA •Replace Pressure tubing •Replace Main PCA
E-79 ERR_UNDER_PRESSURE_REG •Occluded or restricted tube •Defective PCA •Replace Pressure tubing •Replace Main PCA
E-80 ERR_ROTOR_LOCKED •Locked Motor •Defective PCA •Replace Motor •Replace PCA
E-81 ERR_MOTOR_EDGE_MISSED •Defective Motor •Defective PCA •Replace Motor •Replace PCA
E-82 ERR_MOTOR_EDGE_EXTRA •Defective Motor •Defective PCA •Replace Motor •Replace PCA
E-83 ERR_MOTOR_OVERSPEED •Defective Motor •Defective PCA •Replace Motor •Replace PCA
E-84 ERR_MOTOR_BRAKE •Defective Motor •Defective PCA •Replace Motor •Replace PCA
E-85 ERR_MOTOR_CURRENT •Defective Motor •Defective PCA •Replace Motor •Replace PCA
E-86 ERR_INVALID_ERROR_CODE •Reserved

6.5 SmartCard Error Codes - Code Label - User Action

C-1 SMARTCARD_12C_WRITE_FAIL Card inserted upside-down. Remove card and reinsert properly. Otherwise, card is corrupt and should be reprogrammed.
C-2 SMARTCARD_BAD_CARD_TYPE Card is not supported by this device. Otherwise, card is corrupt and should be reprogrammed.
C-3 SMARTCARD_BAD_CIB_VERSION Card is corrupt and should be reprogrammed.
C-4 SMARTCARD_SCRIPT_DURING_PROVIDER_MODE Remove card. Exit Provider Mode screens. Then reinsert card.
C-5 SMARTCARD_PRESENT_IN_CAL_MODE Remove card. Exit Calibration Mode. Then reinsert card.
C-6 SMARTCARD_BAD_CIB_CHECKSUM Card is corrupt and should be reprogrammed.
C-7 SMARTCARD_NOT_PRESENT
C-8 SMARTCARD_12C_READ_FAIL Card inserted upside down. Remove card and reinsert properly. Otherwise, card is corrupt and should be reprogrammed.
C-9 SMARTCARD_WRITE_CONFIRM_FAIL Card is corrupt and should be reprogrammed. Otherwise, replace card.
C-10 SMARTCARD_BAD_RI_BRAND Card is corrupt and should be reprogrammed.
C-100 SMARTCARD_BAD_CPB_CHECKSUM Card is corrupt and should be reprogrammed.
C-101 SMARTCARD_BAD_CPB_VERSION Card is corrupt and should be reprogrammed.
C-102 SMARTCARD_INVALID_UNIT
C-103 SMARTCARD_UNKNOWN_CPB_FORMAT Card contains a prescription format that is not supported. Perhaps card is intended for another device.
C-104 SMARTCARD_UNKNOWN_CPB_PRESCRIPTION Card contains a prescription type that is not supported. Perhaps card is intended for another device.
C-105 SMARTCARD_SCRIPT_PARM_RANGE Card contains prescription settings that are outside of this device’s range. Perhaps card is intended for another device.
C-106 SMARTCARD_BAD_CPB_SCRIPT_READY Card is corrupt and should be reprogrammed.
C-107 SMARTCARD_BAD_CPB_START_ADDR Card is corrupt and should be reprogrammed.
C-108 SMARTCARD_BAD_CPB_END_ADDR Card is corrupt and should be reprogrammed.
C-109 SMARTCARD_BAD_CPB_ERASE_PERMISSION Card is corrupt and should be reprogrammed.
C-200 SMARTCARD_BAD_CDCB_VERSION Card is corrupt and should be reprogrammed.
C-201 SMARTCARD_BAD_CDB_VERSION Card contains a storage format that is not supported. Perhaps card is intended for another device.
C-202 SMARTCARD_BAD_CDCB_CHECKSUM Card is corrupt and should be reprogrammed.
C-203 SMARTCARD_BAD_CDCB_CONTROL_BLOCKS Card is corrupt and should be reprogrammed.
C-204 SMARTCARD_BAD_CDCB_START_ADDR Card is corrupt and should be reprogrammed.
C-205 SMARTCARD_BAD_CDCB_END_ADDR Card is corrupt and should be reprogrammed.
C-206 SMARTCARD_BAD_CDB_START_ADDR Card is corrupt and should be reprogrammed.
C-207 SMARTCARD_BAD_CDB_END_ADDR Card is corrupt and should be reprogrammed.
C-300 SMARTCARD_BAD_UIDB_VERSION Card is corrupt and should be reprogrammed.
C-301 SMARTCARD_BAD_UIDB_CHECKSUM Card is corrupt and should be reprogrammed.
C-302 SMARTCARD_BAD_UIDB_START_ADDR Card is corrupt and should be reprogrammed.
C-303 SMARTCARD_BAD_UIDB_END_ADDR Card is corrupt and should be reprogrammed.
C-400 SMARTCARD_BAD_DDCB_VERSION Card is corrupt and should be reprogrammed.
C-401 SMARTCARD_BAD_DDCB_CHECKSUM Card is corrupt and should be reprogrammed.
C-402 SMARTCARD_BAD_DDCB_PROFILE_CONTROL_BLOCKS Card is corrupt and should be reprogrammed.
C-403 SMARTCARD_BAD_DDCB_HISTOGRAM_CONTROL_BLOCKS Card is corrupt and should be reprogrammed.
C-404 SMARTCARD_BAD_DDCB_FOSQ_COMPL_CONTROL_BLOCKS Card is corrupt and should be reprogrammed.
C-500 SMARTCARD_FILE_OPEN_FAIL Card is corrupt and should be reprogrammed.
C-501 SMARTCARD_FILE_TELL_FAIL Card is corrupt and should be reprogrammed.
C-502 SMARTCARD_FILE_SEEK_FAIL Card is corrupt and should be reprogrammed.
C-503 SMARTCARD_FILE_READ_FAIL Card is corrupt and should be reprogrammed.
C-504 SMARTCARD_FILE_WRITE_FAIL Card is corrupt and should be reprogrammed.
C-505 SMARTCARD_FILE_GET_PTR_FAIL Card is corrupt and should be reprogrammed.
C-506 SMARTCARD_FILE_SET_PTR_FAIL Card is corrupt and should be reprogrammed.
Just wanted to say how much of a help thse list of codes is for me clinically when I dont have access to the service manual! I always seem to get theese calls when I dont have ready access to the manual and can get right back to the patient within the same minute usually and let them know what the problem is, thank you!

sonoio

Post by sonoio » Mon Mar 05, 2012 5:54 pm

Hello,

I have a BIPAP AUTO BI FLEX PR. My main PCA needs replacement. The device is out of warranty and I live overseas now. I am willing to buy one. How/where I can order that in the US?

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:04 pm

sonoio wrote:I have a BIPAP AUTO BI FLEX PR. My main PCA needs replacement. The device is out of warranty and I live overseas now. I am willing to buy one. How/where I can order that in the US?
We don't normally get into this type of replacement parts.
You might try this place as they reportedly do repair machines and might have a source for you.
http://www.acbio.com/

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

6PtStar

Post by 6PtStar » Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:14 pm

sonoio wrote:Hello,

I have a BIPAP AUTO BI FLEX PR. My main PCA needs replacement. The device is out of warranty and I live overseas now. I am willing to buy one. How/where I can order that in the US?

If you are trying to purchase the PCB and do the repair your self..........DON'T!! You can send to to the link Pugy gave you. The PCB does not come programed and the sensors are not set. In order to program the board takes a Sleep Link Cable and Card as well as the diagnostic program to install the firmware (which you will need also). It also takes two computers a valve and a special flow meter to calibrate the sensors. The flow meter cost around $1000. The Sleep Link Card & Cable is around $125 if you can find it. A lot more than the average user generally do.

Jerry

I still play Cowboys and Bad Guys but now I use real bullets. CAS

Post by Guest » Tue Feb 03, 2015 8:48 pm

how do i reset e 21 on a cpap remstar

Goofproof

Post by Goofproof » Tue Feb 03, 2015 8:55 pm

Guest wrote:how do i reset e 21 on a cpap remstar
1. You read the posts in this thread. Then you send it in to be repaired. When it repaired, unplugging it should reset it, but it won't repair anything.
Use data to optimize your xPAP treatment!

"The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient while nature cures the disease." Voltaire

Wulfman...

Post by Wulfman... » Tue Feb 03, 2015 9:17 pm

Guest wrote:how do i reset e 21 on a cpap remstar
You didn't say WHICH REMstar.
But, you could TRY this and see what happens. You probably won't be in any worse place than you are now.
AND, this is why we always recommend owners of CPAP machines have spares.
They are subject to "Murphy's Laws" and WILL fail at the worst possible time.
Good luck!

Den

6.4 System Error codes
This section contains information on extracting error codes that have
occurred during use of the REMstar Auto with C-Flex or REMstar Pro 2.
There are two ways to extract the information.

6.4.1 Extracting Error Codes from the Unit
Step 1 Hold the humidifier button and ramp button down while
plugging in the power cord. Continue holding the buttons
down until the unit beeps.
Step 2 The most recent error code will be displayed. By pressing
the humidifier key, the unit will show the previous error code,
allowing the user to view the entire error log in a circular buffer
fashion. Only the ten most recent errors will be shown. An E-0
indicates no error.
Step 3 By pressing the ramp key, the unit will display the blower hours
when the error occurred. Pressing the humidifier key will allow the
user to view the hours that each error occurred in a circular buffer
fashion.
Step 4 To erase the error logs, press the right user button. An X will
appear in the lower left corner of the LCD. Then press the
Pressure On / Off key. This will erase all errors and the blower
hours at which the errors occurred, and return the unit to the
system self test screen.

User since 05/14/05

W. Salter

Post by W. Salter » Thu May 28, 2015 12:38 am

My REMstar pro 2 suddenly ceased functioning and gave an error 77 message. I see that error 77 means: "E-77 ERR_UNDER_PRESSURE •Occluded or restricted tube •Defective PCA •Replace Pressure tubing •Replace Main PCA "

What tube does the error message refer to? Is replacing it or cleaning it a fair easy DIY?

Thanks for any help.

Julie

Post by Julie » Thu May 28, 2015 3:55 am

We generally just bring our machines to the dealer as getting inside them is not recommended, even if a handful of very tech-oriented people occasionally do that... but you haven't said how old yours is or whether you're covered for a new one (usually after 5 yrs). To me that message sounds like it might refer to a hose blockage somewhere, along with something else I don't understand (not being a techie), but unless there's an obvious blockage you can see from the outside, I'd either take it in and/or go for a new machine if you can.

rogue1832

Post by rogue1832 » Tue Aug 25, 2015 10:04 am

I just wanted to post that my Pro 2 just gave the Error code 80 - Rotor Lock after approximately 8 years of use. Which in my mind is a good amount of time. I just wish that it had provided some type of warning so I could work on replacing it before it went out.