OT: I am no longer pugless...pics of mine and I would like to see pics of your furbabies

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Pugsy

OT: I am no longer pugless...pics of mine and I would like to see pics of your furbabies

Post by Pugsy » Wed May 22, 2019 6:56 pm

Sarge who is the pug in my avatar crossed the Rainbow Bridge this past February. He was not quite 10 years old. Had a sudden onset of some sore of heart problem. They think it might have been genetic and not unheard of in pugs in the 8 to 10 years of age bracket.
He loved me to death. I have had pugs for over 35 years and with his passing I was pugless for the first time in over 35 years. Seems like I have had a pug in my life forever...nearly half my life for sure.

So I was on a hunt to find another pug but I couldn't afford a puppy and really wasn't wanting one. I wanted to rescue another pug.
Sarge was a rescue as were a couple of other pugs in the past and my other 3 dogs that I currently have (not pugs) ....they all came from the local animal shelter.
I was having trouble finding a rescue place who would "approve" me for an adoptive parent. I swear I could adopt a human baby easier.
I think one thing that counted against me...I have a big dog in the household and all the applications said big dogs were a no no but sometimes exceptions could be made.
My big dog...Sally, the black and tan coon hound that is at least 14 maybe 15 years old and doesn't have an aggressive bone in her body.
She's one of the reasons I don't get good sleep....she wakes me up to tell me she peed her diaper. :lol:

So I poured over all the pug rescue places for another pug. Fairly wide open really...age not a deal breaker unless it was like 14 and one foot on the Rainbow bridge....color didn't matter....sex not a deal breaker but prefer female this time. Toby (picture later) is a boy and and a marker....I got real tired of Sarge and Toby having peeing contests to see who could get the last squirt in. With Sarge no longer being in the picture Toby's marking has all but stopped and he's unlikely to mark so much with a female.
I would have taken a pug with health issues and needing meds...that didn't scare me at all but 4 applications (and you have to send a little money with the application) and not a single one even replied back to me. I got real discouraged. The applications are quite extensive...pretty much everything asked for except a copy of your tax returns but the big dog thing was a question on all the applications.
So I opted to go a different avenue...I knew someone who knew someone that has access to breeders and often there are puppies with health problems that makes them not saleable so I said I would take one of those....or even a female past breeding age who needs to be rehomed. Took me two weeks exactly once I put those feelers out and I have my new baby.

Lucy...6 year old spayed (don't know why but something must have happened with last batch of puppies) fawn pug became available.
She's tiny...weighs 15 pounds and about the size now that Sarge was at 6 months. Sarge was a chunk...big for a pug...not fat just big all over.

And here is the old coon hound she has bonded with and likes to sleep next to on the couch...that big bad coon hound that makes me an unfit mommy. :lol: :lol:
Sally wouldn't hurt a fly.

I will have more pics in a bit...one of Toby that I need to get off my phone and a couple of others of Lucy. Weather has been so stormy lately the lighting makes for poor photos so don't have many good ones yet.

So...this thread isn't just for me to brag....I want to see other people fur babies and pets. We had a thread like this several years ago and it was really fun seeing everyone's babies. Guaranteed to bring a smile to your face.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

Goofproof

Re: OT: I am no longer pugless...pics of mine and I would like to see pics of your furbabies

Post by Goofproof » Wed May 22, 2019 7:35 pm

My daughter has pugs, but I vote for the Coon Hound. I also realize Hunting dogs can be a little flakey. I had a Dalmation/Bird dog mix, he was crazy. Jim
Use data to optimize your xPAP treatment!

"The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient while nature cures the disease." Voltaire

katestyles

Re: OT: I am no longer pugless...pics of mine and I would like to see pics of your furbabies

Post by katestyles » Wed May 22, 2019 8:01 pm

My Buddy passed over the rainbow bridge just before Christmas.

We had him for 5 joy filled years, adopting him when he retired from hunting.

Attachments
buddy 11-6-13.jpg
buddy 11-6-13.jpg (78.3 KiB) Viewed 3447 times

zoocrewphoto

Post by zoocrewphoto » Wed May 22, 2019 8:34 pm

So glad to hear you found one. I was at a local Petpalooza event this past weekend, and I thought of you every time I saw a Pug.

We got turned down a few times. Once for having a male human in the house, once for being out of state (but with references from 3 different rescues). The last one was a lady, not a rescue. She originally tuned us down as thecat did not get along with other animals, andwe had 3 cats and 2 dogs. The cat looked and sounded really good for what my mom wanted.I gently explained that most people who are willing to take a pet with issues already have pets. And that we have introduced difficult animals before. We chatted back andforth, and she let us get her. We were picking her up on the way through Portland after a cat show, heading back to Seattle. The lady's father went into the hospital, so we picked her up 3 hours early in a very rushed transfer. this cat hated us. She was very stressed. We set up a large tent in the living room so that everybody could meet and get used to each other without actual contact. It took a few days, but she relaxed. She loves my mom, sleeps on her like crazy (exactly what my mom had been missing). And she loves playing with my big boy. They romp around and have a great time. SHe is a real joy.

The sealpoint is the new youngster. She has darkened since then. The boy in the chair is Regulus. He does commercial work. Sassy is theblue bicolor. And Quinn is my avatar.

Attachments
00O0O_5K5bXuU5MFg_600x450.jpg
00O0O_5K5bXuU5MFg_600x450.jpg (12.26 KiB) Viewed 3433 times
sassytaz18.jpg
sassytaz18.jpg (113.06 KiB) Viewed 3433 times
Regulus1.jpg
Regulus1.jpg (325.65 KiB) Viewed 3433 times
Who would have thought it would be this challenging to sleep and breathe at the same time?

roadcycler

Post by roadcycler » Wed May 22, 2019 9:22 pm

Here is my wife's and mine
Attachments
IMG_5717.jpg
IMG_5717.jpg (674.12 KiB) Viewed 3417 times

zoocrewphoto

Post by zoocrewphoto » Wed May 22, 2019 9:35 pm

roadcycler wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 9:22 pm
Here is my wife's and mine
I love Berners! We have a couple sheltie mixes right now, but I really want toget one of these. I used to have a friend with 2,and they were awesome.

Who would have thought it would be this challenging to sleep and breathe at the same time?

babydinosnoreless

Post by babydinosnoreless » Wed May 22, 2019 9:38 pm

I apologize in advance for all the furbaby spam I am about to dump on you. Only three pictures per post so here we go.

I volunteered in rescue. I will start with my most recent loss my because facebook just reminded me of her this week its been 1 year and it still made me cry. Tasha nicknamed bunnybutt came to us without a tail. She was a papered shepherd from famous bloodlines. After her owner died she was left in a backard and ignored. The people who surrendered her said she was snappy.

The shelter discovered she was snappy because her tail was so infected they had to amputate. Luckily the shelter saw something in her and managed to get her to rescue where I was asked to try and track her breeder. The breeder was no longer in business but by that time we had fallen in love with her and decided to adopt her.
DE40480A-7C45-452E-A2D2-89E4EA914C36.jpeg
Now on to my current kids. This is Ivan. I got him as a 4 month old puppy from the local shelter. He was on the euth list because he was completely shut down. His neck had burns from a shock collar that had been used on him. He was my biggest project. We spent weeks hanging out at the vets office a hour a day to get him socialized and used to people and animals. It took me months to get a collar on him we did most of our socializing in a harness. Now he loves his collar and he loves everyone. And he likes to grab my ball of yarn as you may have seen in the thread I shared my hose cozy. :lol:
DE09DFF4-E12D-4BAB-AFB2-BA9806EA6A5D.jpeg
My wiggles is my most normal dog. She came from the shelter as a 8 month old puppy. I was down there donating blankets or something and my friend the ACO officer insisted I come inside and walk through the kennels. Wiggles was there in the back an all black doggie. I know the statistics for all black dogs making it out of the shelters and I couldn't resist. After wiggles my husband banned me from the shelter for a while. :lol:
86822DDB-C1CA-4CEC-8C00-9B1D844F987F.jpeg

roadcycler

Post by roadcycler » Wed May 22, 2019 9:39 pm

My wife breeds and shows them. They are all in molt right now. Clean the house with a leaf blower, you can borrow them for a couple of weeks. :lol: :mrgreen:

babydinosnoreless

Post by babydinosnoreless » Wed May 22, 2019 9:47 pm

This is Kiska. She also came from the shelter. I got a text from my aco friend. She said I have a dog you need to meet. We were on our way home from a doctors appointment and detoured to the shelter. We knew right away she would be a good fit but we had to wait 5 days until her stray hold was up. My poor girl was so skinny.
1C7B6551-C2B0-49C4-A75D-A81326A50BB3.jpeg
I also have a grand puppy and 4 grand kitties. (The grand kitties live with us) Here is my most recent grand kitty and my grand puppy.

Chris8243

Post by Chris8243 » Wed May 22, 2019 10:27 pm

We have a family of three Mini-Aussies: Trixie (daughter), Chico (father) and Amiga (mother)
Attachments
IMG_0646.JPG
IMG_0646.JPG (96.46 KiB) Viewed 3392 times

roadcycler

Post by roadcycler » Wed May 22, 2019 10:37 pm

"We have a family of three Mini-Aussies: Trixie (daughter), Chico (father) and Amiga (mother)"

love the pic. Where did you take it?

Chris8243

Post by Chris8243 » Wed May 22, 2019 10:41 pm

roadcycler wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 10:37 pm

love the pic. Where did you take it?
Northwest Wyoming, about 15 miles from home, just out for an afternoon hike.

peelunkins

Post by peelunkins » Wed May 22, 2019 11:35 pm

Gumby.jpg
Gumby.jpg (113.15 KiB) Viewed 3375 times
Pugsy wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 6:56 pm
Sarge who is the pug in my avatar crossed the Rainbow Bridge this past February. He was not quite 10 years old. Had a sudden onset of some sore of heart problem. They think it might have been genetic and not unheard of in pugs in the 8 to 10 years of age bracket.
He loved me to death. I have had pugs for over 35 years and with his passing I was pugless for the first time in over 35 years. Seems like I have had a pug in my life forever...nearly half my life for sure.

So I was on a hunt to find another pug but I couldn't afford a puppy and really wasn't wanting one. I wanted to rescue another pug.
Sarge was a rescue as were a couple of other pugs in the past and my other 3 dogs that I currently have (not pugs) ....they all came from the local animal shelter.
I was having trouble finding a rescue place who would "approve" me for an adoptive parent. I swear I could adopt a human baby easier.
I think one thing that counted against me...I have a big dog in the household and all the applications said big dogs were a no no but sometimes exceptions could be made.
My big dog...Sally, the black and tan coon hound that is at least 14 maybe 15 years old and doesn't have an aggressive bone in her body.
She's one of the reasons I don't get good sleep....she wakes me up to tell me she peed her diaper. :lol:

So I poured over all the pug rescue places for another pug. Fairly wide open really...age not a deal breaker unless it was like 14 and one foot on the Rainbow bridge....color didn't matter....sex not a deal breaker but prefer female this time. Toby (picture later) is a boy and and a marker....I got real tired of Sarge and Toby having peeing contests to see who could get the last squirt in. With Sarge no longer being in the picture Toby's marking has all but stopped and he's unlikely to mark so much with a female.
I would have taken a pug with health issues and needing meds...that didn't scare me at all but 4 applications (and you have to send a little money with the application) and not a single one even replied back to me. I got real discouraged. The applications are quite extensive...pretty much everything asked for except a copy of your tax returns but the big dog thing was a question on all the applications.
So I opted to go a different avenue...I knew someone who knew someone that has access to breeders and often there are puppies with health problems that makes them not saleable so I said I would take one of those....or even a female past breeding age who needs to be rehomed. Took me two weeks exactly once I put those feelers out and I have my new baby.

Lucy...6 year old spayed (don't know why but something must have happened with last batch of puppies) fawn pug became available.
She's tiny...weighs 15 pounds and about the size now that Sarge was at 6 months. Sarge was a chunk...big for a pug...not fat just big all over.

And here is the old coon hound she has bonded with and likes to sleep next to on the couch...that big bad coon hound that makes me an unfit mommy. :lol: :lol:
Sally wouldn't hurt a fly.

I will have more pics in a bit...one of Toby that I need to get off my phone and a couple of others of Lucy. Weather has been so stormy lately the lighting makes for poor photos so don't have many good ones yet.

So...this thread isn't just for me to brag....I want to see other people fur babies and pets. We had a thread like this several years ago and it was really fun seeing everyone's babies. Guaranteed to bring a smile to your face.

FaethSilverwolf

Post by FaethSilverwolf » Thu May 23, 2019 12:07 am

Black and white is Zen, the silver Tabby is Garion, and Rip Ares my white boy.
Black and white is Stragen and the Black is Talon, talon is my roomates ratty.
The white one is Tynian and the Black one is Midnight is my roomates mouse.

Additional Comments: My pressure are 18.0 cmH2O
"May the Day find you at peace, and leave you with hope."
taken from Voyager season 2 Episode 22
Blessed Be
FaethSilverwolf

zoocrewphoto

Post by zoocrewphoto » Thu May 23, 2019 1:29 am

roadcycler wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 9:39 pm
My wife breeds and shows them. They are all in molt right now. Clean the house with a leaf blower, you can borrow them for a couple of weeks. :lol: :mrgreen:
We have two sheltie mixes, 3 Ragdolls, and a Siamese. We vacuum EVERY day, and the floor is still hairy. It'sa losing battle, but worth it. The best part is that MY 3 cats are all fluffy and mostly white/silver. My work uniform is black pants, black shirt, and black apron. Instead of a lint roller, I use mailing tape. I use a lot just before I leave the house. I also keep a roll in my car, and a roll in my work locker. Just stocked up today.