OT: I am no longer pugless...pics of mine and I would like to see pics of your furbabies

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Gryphon

Re: OT: I am no longer pugless...pics of mine and I would like to see pics of your furbabies

Post by Gryphon » Mon May 27, 2019 1:14 am

we've had our fair share of critters in our house, besides my fish... :)

Right now we're the proud care takers of 4 kitties, all are family rescues from kittens.

Sisters from same litter, our oldest pair
Trixie - Girl, White and orange
Luna - Girl, Torty

Got these two last year,
Millie - Girl, Orange short hair, "though photo is black and white"
Ghost (pepper) - Boy, Siamese

They all have very interesting personalities - they mostly get along with each other (some play fighting and nonsense as they chase each other around the house), they love us to death. We can pick them up and "Wool" on them any time, lots of belly rubs and having them fall a sleep on us.

Trixi & Luna.jpg
These are our two lovable brats together in the same tree. Its like they were posing for me.
Trixi & Luna.jpg (809.91 KiB) Viewed 3009 times

sm Kitty Face-0989.jpg
This is a close up of Millie, She can be really lovable but a brat sometimes as she likes to get into stuff.
sm Kitty Face-0989.jpg (694.81 KiB) Viewed 3009 times

SM Little Ghost-0553.jpg
This is Ghost, named after my favorite pepper "Ghost Chili" as he had a lot of fire as a kitten. When he met Trixie and Luna they hissed at both him and Millie and millie ran off and jumped into my wife's lap, but Ghost stood his ground and hissed right back in Trixie's face. LOL!
SM Little Ghost-0553.jpg (352.51 KiB) Viewed 3009 times

Gryphon

Re: OT: I am no longer pugless...pics of mine and I would like to see pics of your furbabies

Post by Gryphon » Mon May 27, 2019 1:21 am

SM - Photo-9100.jpg
Trixie in a Build'aBear dress, she actually likes playing dress up.
SM - Photo-9100.jpg (451.76 KiB) Viewed 3007 times

Sm Trixie (1 of 1)-5.jpg
Did I mention this cat likes clothes?
Sm Trixie (1 of 1)-5.jpg (412.39 KiB) Viewed 3007 times

Trixie watching my hand (1 of 1).jpg
Trixie watching to see if she's going to get a treat for holding still for the camera.
Trixie watching my hand (1 of 1).jpg (633.05 KiB) Viewed 3007 times

djams

Post by djams » Mon May 27, 2019 12:22 pm

Dog Slobber wrote:
Sun May 26, 2019 10:47 am
This is Rappy and Bango, my raptor and deer. They like to play together. Sometimes Rappy plays a little too rough on Bango.

Rappy play nice!
:lol:

Do me a favor and be sure Rappy attends all four games of the finals. I'd very much like to see Rappy help sweep Golden State.

I'm not even a basketball fan - but I dislike the warriors very much.

Go Rappy Go!

jnk...

Post by jnk... » Mon May 27, 2019 5:46 pm

Full disclosure: I am profoundly allergic to cats.

But I gotta say, Gryphon, that last glamor shot of Trixie oughta have earned her a professional modeling contract somewhere!
-Jeff (AS10/P30i)

Accounts to put on the foe list: Me. I often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

Gryphon

Post by Gryphon » Mon May 27, 2019 7:54 pm

Thanks so much!!! I love taking pics of my furry kiddos, and lots of other things too.

It's really cool what you can do with a bounced flash and a decent camera.

The irony is... I went in to get allergy tested again, knowing I'd have issues with dust and mold and some kinds of grass, trees, etc. But only tested positive for like 6 things... one of which was cats... Sigh...

Thankfully I'm not badly allergic, and I get to breath filtered air through my CPAP all night or I'd be a mess.

The allergist was like, "you should get rid of your cats..." "Ummm No! try again" "They're like our kids" unless I was deathly allergic they get to stay.
"Well you should keep them out of your bedroom..." Uhhhh they're CATS!!!! They'd destroy our bedroom door and terrorize us in the most pathetic sad way till we gave in and opened the door, Try again"
"Well make sure you don't let them sleep on the bed with you.." "you don't own any cats do you?"

Given my allergist's response to my batch of testing was to send me home with a new asthma inhaler and a script for an allergy nasal spray I can buy over the counter at wal-mart, I figured the cats aren't going to kill me yet, having them around gives me peace and a relaxing break from my day to day life. They're always happy to jump in your lap for a good cuddle.

Hope you get to have some sort of critter to jump on your lap.

O and as for interesting photos of cats... When I was staying with my wife's friend, I had just gotten a new 50mm 1.4 lens for my camera. I wanted to do some natrual light photos. Her best friend has a black cat who loves paper bags. We dropped a bag on the floor and she raced into it. I got down on the kitchen floor on my belly and managed to get this picture of her coming out of the bag to try and pounce me or my camera.
Cat's in the Bag.jpg
Cat's in the Bag.jpg (78.88 KiB) Viewed 2920 times

zoocrewphoto

Post by zoocrewphoto » Tue May 28, 2019 2:35 am

My mom is allergic to both cats and dogs. She had dogs all her life and added cats before I was born. I think I was 4 when allergy testing said I was allergic to dogs. The doctor said no dogs i nmy bedroom. Um, the dog slept under the covers. Oh, and my brother is allergic to cats. Since mom is allergic to both, she knew we would do okay. As it is, I am allergic to grass, trees,flowers, pollen, mold, dust, etc. What difference does a dogmake with all the other stuff in the air?

I do have to make sure that I don't brush the dog on the bed (unless I put down a towel and then remove that). And when I go to a dog show, I should take my mediucation and bring my inhaler just in case. My brother used to take meds when coming to visit, but he married a lady with a cat, so he is used to cats again.

Years ago, I joined a budget group, and somebody suggested I get rid of my cats to save money. Well, gee, just take away my major joy in life plus my favorite hobby. Why bother? What good is money if you aren't happy? I would rather pay those vet bills, buy expensive cat food, and save money somewhere else). Some people have fancy clothes, showes, wear expensive make up, etc. I have cats, and I go to cat shows. I would have a horse too if I could, but not in my budget.

Who would have thought it would be this challenging to sleep and breathe at the same time?

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Tue May 28, 2019 6:47 am

zoocrewphoto wrote:
Tue May 28, 2019 2:35 am
Well, gee, just take away my major joy in life plus my favorite hobby. Why bother? What good is money if you aren't happy? I would rather pay those vet bills, buy expensive cat food, and save money somewhere else). Some people have fancy clothes, shows, wear expensive make up, etc. I have cats, and I go to cat shows. I would have a horse too if I could, but not in my budget.
Amen. :D

I was also told allergic to cats, dogs, horses, along with a ton of stuff outside and inside the house.
It was the stuff outside that was the major source of my problems though.....not animals. I wasn't going to live in a big bubble.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

jnk...

Post by jnk... » Tue May 28, 2019 6:53 am

I have recently achieved full dosage of my allergen immunotherapy. It has made a big difference already in my toleration of pet dander.
-Jeff (AS10/P30i)

Accounts to put on the foe list: Me. I often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Tue May 28, 2019 6:57 am

Quick note about Lucy....been with me one week now.
Typical pug...settled right in and we have all adapted to her quite nicely. :lol:
I am not so sure who was the most needy in this relationship...me or her. I suspect me though.
Rough first few nights because of some bad storms around here that have thankfully abated for a while and knock on wood but I am actually sleeping a little longer now. Sarge slept with me and Lucy is doing the same and I am thinking I am sleeping a little better.

I looked back over my hours slept (cpap usage) and compared hours to before Sarge died to after he died and before Lucy....and there was a definite shortening of hours slept after his death. Too soon to tell but it appears that without the storms messing with my sleep that the last few nights I am getting about an hour to 90 minutes more sleep. For me that makes a huge difference in how I feel during the day.
Stress or depression or placebo or whatever.....I will take any improvements I can get.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

dogsarelife

Post by dogsarelife » Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:53 am

Pugsy, I'm so glad you feel better. I agree, getting 60-90 more minutes a day can make all the difference in the world.

I'm so glad you have Lucy to 'weather' this time!
Pugsy wrote:
Tue May 28, 2019 6:57 am
Typical pug...settled right in and we have all adapted to her quite nicely.
I am not so sure who was the most needy in this relationship...me or her. I suspect me though.
Rough first few nights because of some bad storms around here that have thankfully abated for a while and knock on wood but I am actually sleeping a little longer now. Sarge slept with me and Lucy is doing the same and I am thinking I am sleeping a little better.

I looked back over my hours slept (cpap usage) and compared hours to before Sarge died to after he died and before Lucy....and there was a definite shortening of hours slept after his death. Too soon to tell but it appears that without the storms messing with my sleep that the last few nights I am getting about an hour to 90 minutes more sleep. For me that makes a huge difference in how I feel during the day.
Stress or depression or placebo or whatever.....I will take any improvements I can get.

sometimes in order to succeed it just takes one more try. and a lot of frustration along the way.

djams

Post by djams » Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:38 pm

Pugsy wrote:
Tue May 28, 2019 6:57 am
Typical pug...settled right in and we have all adapted to her quite nicely. :lol:
Wonderful. All of this. (Insert imaginary "I'm so happy for you" emoji here).

Pets are awesome. Dogs in particular, IMO. I like our cats. I've loved all of dogs.

roadcycler

Post by roadcycler » Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:12 pm

Those are tame spiders. This man eater is an inch long on the body at least 2 inches from end of leg to end of leg.
IMG_5440c.jpg
IMG_5440c.jpg (684.69 KiB) Viewed 2793 times

Gryphon

Post by Gryphon » Tue Jun 04, 2019 7:08 am

roadcycler wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:12 pm
Those are tame spiders. This man eater is an inch long on the body at least 2 inches from end of leg to end of leg.IMG_5440c.jpg
If, ya'll are going to keep posting pics of odd creepy crawlers, I'm going to have to post a few pics too... :P

Gryphon

Post by Gryphon » Tue Jun 04, 2019 7:24 am

Here two pics of cute... to help with the 8 legged scariness.

Trixie and Luna at 9 weeks old.

Cute 1.jpg
Cute 1.jpg (150.98 KiB) Viewed 2766 times
Cute 2.jpg
Cute 2.jpg (130.12 KiB) Viewed 2766 times

Bookit

Post by Bookit » Tue Jun 04, 2019 3:23 pm

Tame or not, I'm not snuggling with any spiders. The kittens are way too cute!