DreamWear Full Face Mask - skin red and sore

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
raisedfist

DreamWear Full Face Mask - skin red and sore

Post by raisedfist » Fri May 03, 2019 9:24 am

I've been trying out the DreamWear FFM and the mask is great in terms of the feeling of how it fits and leaking. However, the skin between the nostrils going down your nose is red and sore. I don't feel like the mask is tight and I've tried to keep the straps somewhat loose. I have started applying the Lanolin during the day which probably will help.

Would cushion size matter in regards to the soreness? In the mirror it looks like a good fit all around. I guess I will try pushing the top of the headgear a bit more forward on my forehead to lessen the pressure of the cushion against the underside of my nose.

PS Min 6, PS Max 18, EPAP Min 4, EPAP Max 12

old dude

Re: DreamWear Full Face Mask - skin red and sore

Post by old dude » Fri May 03, 2019 9:57 am

Cushion size in this mask can be critical. It seems to run a little large to me. You might try a size up or down to see if that helps.

I have also found that the mask must be manipulated up/down and side-to-side when you first start your machine until you get a good seal. Once the seal is achieved it tends to stay sealed. It's also possible to get it too tight to the bottom of your nose. You just have to experiment to get the hang of it.

P.S. The sizing template that is online and in the packaging is very helpful and I have found it to be accurate.

raisedfist

Re: DreamWear Full Face Mask - skin red and sore

Post by raisedfist » Fri May 03, 2019 10:39 am

I'll have to print that from online thanks - I think I lost the little cutout that came in the packaging. But I have the fitpack with all the cushion sizes so there is that at least.

PS Min 6, PS Max 18, EPAP Min 4, EPAP Max 12