New ResMed AirSense 10- Humidifier question

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
AdamsHouseCat

New ResMed AirSense 10- Humidifier question

Post by AdamsHouseCat » Fri Apr 12, 2019 7:38 am

I acquired a new AirSense 10 yesterday. I have the ResMed slim hose but not the heated/ climate control version.

For my first night, I set the humidification level at two (out of eight), but noticed this morning that my water level did not seem to decrease overnight, and the warming plate was cool to the touch. The display did indicate a "smiley face" (indicating it was working) on humidification when I awoke.

Do I likely have a malfunction (or not)?

Thank you.

rcobourn

Re: New ResMed AirSense 10- Humidifier question

Post by rcobourn » Fri Apr 12, 2019 7:42 am

Depends on the humidity in your home. Probably the device didn't need to add any moisture for a setting of 2.

Jack Burton

Post by Jack Burton » Fri Apr 12, 2019 7:43 am

AdamsHouseCat wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2019 7:38 am
Do I likely have a malfunction (or not)?
For an experiment turn the humidity up to 8 and run the machine for an hour.
Then check to if the plate is warm.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Fri Apr 12, 2019 7:44 am

Probably didn't use much water because the ambient humidity in your bedroom was already high enough that not much water was needed to maintain that relatively low setting of 2 for humidity.

There's a sensor in the machine that determines ambient humidity and then it decides to either add heat or not to deliver that setting of 2 humidity depending on the ambient starting humidity.

I use a maximum humidity setting and on the nights where the ambient humidity is relatively high....like it is raining outside and windows are open I might not use much water at all. So water consumption will depend on several factors and the main factor is ambient starting humidity. If it is already close to what that setting of 2 delivers you won't use much water at all.

Other factors involving water consumption are pressures used and any large leaks that might happen.

I doubt anything is wrong with your machine.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.