resmed aircurve 10 asv Data

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Kody

resmed aircurve 10 asv Data

Post by Kody » Sat Feb 23, 2019 12:18 pm

My ancient Repironics BiPAP auto SV advanced died a few weeks ago. Thanks again Pugsy for giving me the name of SecondWind, got a backup machine from them until I could get a new machine. Question is this... I was used to pulling my old card and putting it in the infineer card reader and reading my data every morning. Now with the new machine I just use the dial and check the AHI etc. which is a lot easier than screwing around with the computer. I was wondering if the Data from doing it this way is accurate since my AHI has seemed to drop to Zero when with the old machine it was usually around 3.? I also signed up for the my air website and see a little more details. Is all this good enough or is their a better program to see more data? With my old machine I could see a graph where I could tell when I fell asleep, this new one there isn't any so I have no idea how much actual sleep I am getting... Thanks..
Complex Sleep Apnea

Pugsy

Re: resmed aircurve 10 asv Data

Post by Pugsy » Sat Feb 23, 2019 12:26 pm

You went from a Respironics ASV (and an old one at that) to a ResMed ASV...which model did you get S9 Adapt or AirCurve 10 ASV?

Does't surprise me one bit that the AHI has dropped....different algorithms between the 2 brands for one thing.

You can use SleepyHead or ResScan software (or both if you wish) to get more details. There is a lot more available than what MyAir is giving you.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

Kody

Post by Kody » Sat Feb 23, 2019 12:48 pm

Pugsy wrote:
Sat Feb 23, 2019 12:26 pm
You went from a Respironics ASV (and an old one at that) to a ResMed ASV...which model did you get S9 Adapt or AirCurve 10 ASV?

Does't surprise me one bit that the AHI has dropped....different algorithms between the 2 brands for one thing.

You can use SleepyHead or ResScan software (or both if you wish) to get more details. There is a lot more available than what MyAir is giving you.
Yes it's the Aircurve 10 ASV. They told me it may take a bit getting used to compared to the old machine. I didn't find it hard at all, it's actually easier to breath with. Oh I didn't know I could use SleepyHead with this one. Thanks for the info, will try and get both programs. Thanks again Pugsy for your help, I was freaking when my old faithful gave out and I had nothing for four days.
Complex Sleep Apnea

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Sat Feb 23, 2019 12:56 pm

I my opinion you got the best machine for your problem and you can trust that low AHI....it's just what the ASV can do when given a chance.

Don't get ResScan 6.0 if you get ResScan....get 5.9....6.0 has a real annoying log in password process and it doesn't offer you anything that 5.9 won't offer. I think the apneaboard offers both for that reason.

You are going to be pleasantly surprised....you will see a lot of stuff that the old Respironics machine didn't show in Encore.
Most of it you won't need or understand but it's there to confuse you. :lol:

SleepyHead 1.0xxx works nicely with the AirCurve 10 ASV.
SleepyHead 1.1xxx probably works well enough but it lacks some features since it isn't a polished product. It is faster to download but I find it missing some labels of stuff and while 1.0xxx is a bit slower...it's not a deal breaker slow.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

Kody

Post by Kody » Sat Feb 23, 2019 1:13 pm

Pugsy wrote:
Sat Feb 23, 2019 12:56 pm
I my opinion you got the best machine for your problem and you can trust that low AHI....it's just what the ASV can do when given a chance.

Don't get ResScan 6.0 if you get ResScan....get 5.9....6.0 has a real annoying log in password process and it doesn't offer you anything that 5.9 won't offer. I think the apneaboard offers both for that reason.

You are going to be pleasantly surprised....you will see a lot of stuff that the old Respironics machine didn't show in Encore.
Most of it you won't need or understand but it's there to confuse you. :lol:

SleepyHead 1.0xxx works nicely with the AirCurve 10 ASV.
SleepyHead 1.1xxx probably works well enough but it lacks some features since it isn't a polished product. It is faster to download but I find it missing some labels of stuff and while 1.0xxx is a bit slower...it's not a deal breaker slow.
Very Cool thanks again! I'm totally amazed so far at the advancements in the new machine, now I'm almost GLAD my old faithful died... Lol.!!
Complex Sleep Apnea

metsfan302

Post by metsfan302 » Sat Feb 23, 2019 2:38 pm

Just wondering how much the Aircurve asv used from them was? It is a nice machine for sure

Additional Comments: Prior - ResMed AirCurve ASV User
This is my Orig Post "The start of my venture to find proper therapy" - http://www.cpaptalk.com/viewtopic.php?f ... &sk=t&sd=a

Kody

Post by Kody » Sat Feb 23, 2019 2:47 pm

metsfan302 wrote:
Sat Feb 23, 2019 2:38 pm
Just wondering how much the Aircurve asv used from them was? It is a nice machine for sure
I actually got it new through Kaiser. I bought a used back up machine a Respironics Bipap Auto SV Advanced through SecondWind for about a grand. I wanted that model because it's what I had and was used to and had spare parts for since I've been on it for the last 8 years. It was also the least expensive ASV machine they had. I did not have a back up so when my regular one went out I was screwed! Will never let that happen again as I went 4 days basically with very little sleep.
Complex Sleep Apnea