1st night "0" leakage w/ F30

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
salinas212

1st night "0" leakage w/ F30

Post by salinas212 » Thu Nov 22, 2018 9:54 am

But first Happy Thanksgiving 2018 to everyone and their families!

After nigh on a month I've hacked a solution to my F30 leak situation. I discovered early on that I could seal my F30 mask 100% if I held it by hand or wedged it against a pillow or one of my dog's small stuffed animals. Last night I experimented with using a tube management clip from you-know-who and it worked like a charm! Threw a "0" leak and overnight AHI events. Never had even a single leak-free night with the F30 previously with all other nights averaging between 8 & 26 L/min so last night was a highly welcomed event. Simple to accomplish by clipping the tube mgmt clip to the center of the over-the-head strap and keeping a gentle upwards 'pull' on the tube from where it snicks into the mask. Not altogether unlike the path followed by the DWFFM. Just pay close attention to the face mask swivel and make sure it's parallel to the desired path. Currently keeping my eye open for a small, lightweight/low profile swivel that I can adapt between head strap, hose and tubing velcro wrap. That will make it about perfect as currently it does have a small 90 degree 'twist' I'd prefer to unwind.

I've now put the F20 masks aside which was my previous comfort winner & low-leaker favorite. F30 was the favorite for comfort since it arrived save for those pesky leaks which as illustrated by last night's gold star are now a thing of the past.

A simple way to determine if this hack my help you if using an F30 is simply push your hose gently straight upward where it connects to the mask when/if you sense/feel a leak. If it stops, you're home!

If you're gonna be a dog, why intentionally choose Chihuahua!?!